AP Price Increase?

MikeNamez

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I was just checking out ticket and AP options for an upcoming trip on the Universal site and I could have sworn they went up today. I know Disney had the big update to their system so maybe I'm just going crazy but could have sworn a seasonal AP at UOR was $284+ tax. Its showing $304 now....

Did Universal sneak a price increase the same day Disney did or am I losing it?

Hi All,

I was just checking out ticket and AP options for an upcoming trip on the Universal site and I could have sworn they went up today. I know Disney had the big update to their system so maybe I'm just going crazy but could have sworn a seasonal AP at UOR was $284+ tax. Its showing $304 now....

Did Universal sneak a price increase the same day Disney did or am I losing it?

Yes, they went up. I was looking at the same tickets, but didn't want to buy because our daughter and SIL tend to back out at the last minute. I'm still glad I didn't buy them at the lower price because, as expected, two weeks before the planned trip and they called yesterday to back out. So while individually they'll cost more, overall I'm saving money with two less tickets to buy.

Yes, they went up. I was looking at the same tickets, but didn't want to buy because our daughter and SIL tend to back out at the last minute. I'm still glad I didn't buy them at the lower price because, as expected, two weeks before the planned trip and they called yesterday to back out. So while individually they'll cost more, overall I'm saving money with two less tickets to buy.

Smart move waiting. I have some friends like that so I totally get it.

Thanks for asking this question OP. I'm trying to update my spreadsheet today and wondered about the $20 difference I was seeing.

Are the tickets still $20 more at the gate than they are online? My plan will be to upgrade 3 park 3 day tickets to Season APs after we enter the park so the tickets are upgraded to current price before getting the APs.

EDITED: fixed mistake in question.

Last edited:
Yes, they unfortunately snuck the price up but tacked on the 3 free months.

I'm fairly sure I'm splurging on AP for our upcoming trip since I'm more sure that we'll get back in the next 15 months.

I have a few questions. This will be our 1st ever trip to UO Dec 2018. My 2 daughters love harry potter. Ee are looking at the buying the buy 2 days get 2 days Park to park. I am also looking at getting one preferred annual pass and also thinking about get all 4 of us a preferred annual pass and use the flex pay and get the 6 months free. All 3 have adv. and disadv. Can any of ya'll offer any advice...Thanks

I have a few questions. This will be our 1st ever trip to UO Dec 2018. My 2 daughters love harry potter. Ee are looking at the buying the buy 2 days get 2 days Park to park. I am also looking at getting one preferred annual pass and also thinking about get all 4 of us a preferred annual pass and use the flex pay and get the 6 months free. All 3 have adv. and disadv. Can any of ya'll offer any advice...Thanks

If your only taking the one trip to UO I would stick with the buy 2 days get 2 free promotion. If your coming any more than that, I'd get the AP's.

If your only taking the one trip to UO I would stick with the buy 2 days get 2 free promotion. If your coming any more than that, I'd get the AP's.

That is the part I am not sure about. We come to Disney every year so we will be back. I just wondering if you can get all of Universal covered in 3 days and not really have a need to come back for a while.

That is the part I am not sure about. We come to Disney every year so we will be back. I just wondering if you can get all of Universal covered in 3 days and not really have a need to come back for a while.

Well that's a personal preference. I come yearly and stay for 4-5 days so an AP is a must. For the most part you can get everything covered in 3 days, I don't see that being an issue. I prefer UO over Disney so not having to come back for a while is never an option to me. I usually take that approach with Disney.

I'd start with the promo tickets right now and if you guys really like it and want to come back you can either upgrade while you are there or get them next year and you'll know if they are worth it or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter