AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

Haven't read all of the pages yet, but this price jump is a bit much. I have a total of 4 AP vouchers (for two people) that we decided to purchase February 2018, prior to a price increase at that point. We paid just under $800 each. Not sure what we will do after that. I really wish they would open up the Gold and Silver passes for non-resident/non-DVCs who don't care so much about blockout dates.

We are a family of 4 and our current Plat Plus AP we got last DVC sale for the price of Gold at $2,381.
Today those 4 same passes with the DVC discount would cost $4,255.

I just can't justify the increase.
Along with the additional costs for everything else at the parks with 2 or 3 trips on an AP.

But the headline here is my wife who would always say just suck it up has finally seen the light.

We are still probably going to go, but every other year on 7 day passes.
The days of two trips a year is DEAD.

Of course the reasons make sense. People are angry and have a right to be.

Sure, people have a right to feel however they want. My only point is I don't share the anger. Not saying I like the increase...not at all...it just doesn't make me outraged or think it's crazy.

This may be the wrong place to ask, but this discussion has me wondering: is it possible that normal park hopper tickets would have an increase before the end of the year? or are they set for the remainder of 2019? i have a trip planned for october 2019, but haven't bought park tickets yet.

I’d understand the crowd control argument more if I saw a lessening in crowds. I’m not sure it’s working. It’s just always insanely busy no matter when you go now. Of course I am local and usually there F-M for long weekends 2-3x a year. The prices at Ft Wilderness is crazy for a campsite too.

They just raised the prices! And I'm assuming renewal prices also went up significantly. It would be nice if Disney gave some warning. Even if it were only a few days.

This may be the wrong place to ask, but this discussion has me wondering: is it possible that normal park hopper tickets would have an increase before the end of the year? or are they set for the remainder of 2019? i have a trip planned for october 2019, but haven't bought park tickets yet.
Prices can (and will) increase at any time, on anything (rooms, tickets, parking, food, etc).

I’d understand the crowd control argument more if I saw a lessening in crowds. I’m not sure it’s working. It’s just always insanely busy no matter when you go now. Of course I am local and usually there F-M for long weekends 2-3x a year. The prices at Ft Wilderness is crazy for a campsite too.
Agreed, I don't see how this will lessen the crowds though. Most weekend crowd increases are due to Gold AP holders which a $90 increase is not going to change. The rest of the crowds are simple park tickets. Increasing platinum APs won't do anything to the crowds.

How much did renewals go up?

I need to renew a gold AP for my 5 year old.

I think I’ll just buy her 5 day tickets to finish out the trip her pass expires during and just be done with APs.

These prices are insane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter