AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

I purchased mine from Sam's at 12:15 and received email at 2:50. I was looking for an email from samsclub but came from someone at entertainmentbenefits.com instead.

I purchased mine from Sam's at 12:15 and received email at 2:50. I was looking for an email from samsclub but came from someone at entertainmentbenefits.com instead.

I keep checking my email incessantly. Lol 😂

If you are still planning two 7 day trips with in the year of the AP even with the price increase are you not coming out better with the AP? I mean yes it sucks the price jumped that much at one time but if you break it down. Would you not come equal out and then you get the discount on items your purchase and some food?
Actually if you purchase 2 7-day hoppers right now at the current price from UT or another ticket broker, the AP is $53 more! so no savings at all. That's what I was comparing. Yes, if you buy direct from Disney you would save about $30. The savings would come from the discounts. But not everyone takes advantage of the discounts to their fullest.

Purchased through sam’s at 1pm eastern and still waiting. Also spent an hour on hold to try to get switched to digital instead of in store pick up, that didn’t happen so I requested she resend the will call e-mail..... still hasn’t come though :(

Actually if you purchase 2 7-day hoppers right now at the current price from UT or another ticket broker, the AP is $53 more! so no savings at all. That's what I was comparing. Yes, if you buy direct from Disney you would save about $30. The savings would come from the discounts. But not everyone takes advantage of the discounts to their fullest.
True, but $53 is pretty easy to make up with discounts. You'd have to try to not over 14 days. I would say $10 per day is a reasonable amount more to pay for the AP to make sense.

More likely, at best, it'll be seen a 1-3 years from now if it does happen.

And that, right there, shows why this increase is not a problem for Disney.
No, I do not like it, even as a Disney stock holder, but I cannot blame them for what they are doing. Even though the total number of rides may not be increasing by a ton, the E-ticket quality of them is. The Guardians Roller Coaster is a huge change over Ellen's Energy Adventure. The Tron coaster will be huge, Ratatouille looks like fun, and Star Wars will practically print its own money. By the time the shine on these attractions wears off (probably a lot longer than 3 years from now), Disney can just offer discounts on packages to get people in.
In a couple of years, we will comment on how "Gold Passes used to only be $700".

I think that might be the case, I’ve been on hold for a while now trying to get mine switched from will call to digital. Also still waiting on the second e-mail, hopeful there are no issues!
Hope you give a followup. I want to order the tickets too but mine order says will call is the only option. Not sure I trust that.

Just FYI, you order them will call and the vouchers they send you have a disney reservation on them that you plug into MDE to link it.

I just bought my AP voucher from Sam's. Thanks for posting this! It was cheaper than renewing my current AP, which had I just done yesterday.... Makes me sooo mad! Anyway, my current AP expires July 20. Should I wait to link these new vouchers until after my current AP expires? We don't plan to use the voucher until November.

I would link but assign it to a new person (create a profile for yourself with a different name) so that it doesn't use it when you go next (if you go before July)

Tickets At Work still has APs at the old price. Man this is so tempting, but I just can't decide if it's a good investment for me right now.

Do you know of anywhere else that sells APs similar to Sam's Club but not Sam's Club? We don't have a membership because we don't have a Sam's Club nearby.

We might just get a membership anyway but if there's another way

ETA: How much are the APs through Sam's Club? We're looking at a Platinum Pass

Last edited:
Just another reason why our trips have shifted from a few weeklong on-site Disney resort trips with a Universal day per year to on-site Universal resort trips with a Disney day. Their annual pass is so much better on the wallet.

You have written several posts claiming that you have saved thousands of dollars a year, I just don’t see it. Are you calculating the memory maker value with each trip? Are you calculating what you would have spent on tickets for each individual trip past your first 2?

I too have a platinum pass and have 4 separate week long trips planned with it but I have “saved” around $300 on meals and merchandise. I don’t calculate the mm in because I wouldn’t have purchased it. I don’t calculate the my 3rd or 4th trips tickets because I wouldn’t have gone if I didn’t have the AP.

I'm counting my room discounts. I don't go to WDW just because I have an AP but I don't even include the difference in price between my AP and what tickets would have cost me or the savings would be even more. The trips I make I would make AP or no AP. We stayed at the YC in October and May. I saved $250 a night- $150 a night more than any available discount x's 11 nights is over $1600. We're going next month, staying at AKL CL and the AP discount again is about $100 per night better than any others - another 6 nights is $600 and we're making a very short trip in September saving me an other $150 for 2 nights = $300. We buy mm every trip, so I count that. We also saved $30 a person for after hour tickets. I don't have the totals on food and merchandise at my finger tips but don't really need to include that, which is significant I'm sure. Resort savings alone is 2500 or more. So yes, I have saved thousands. It may not always work out that way and in which case, I won't renew. But since we're making a 2 week trip next summer for SWGE, renewing is a no brainer- discounts or no discounts.

I don’t believe the increase in AP prices will have one bit of effect on crowding. I have seen a lot of people saying they will go with MYW tickets, or that they won’t buy the passes themselves anymore, but very few people (not enough to notice) will actually stop going altogether. People feel entitled to a Disney vacation, will not deprive their children of a Disney vacation, and are willing to go into debt for a Disney vacation. They will get a second job to afford a Disney vacation. But they will go on that Disney vacation and feel all the more entitled because of what they are spending to be there.

And luxury? Just because something is wildly expensive or even overpriced doesn’t make it luxury. Luxury is both high price and high quality. Disney’s quality in many areas could use a lot of improvement before I would call it luxury. Even in the “golden era” of WDW, before all the cuts and upcharges, they were not a luxury destination. Good? Yes. Luxury? No.

You nailed the ethos that people have about Disney. They’ll spend money they don’t have because they see it as an entitlement or rite of passage, as if good parenting must include multiple WDW vacations.

You saved thousands in ticket prices, but they are still making tons of money off of us by just being there. The resorts are not cheap and everything is so expensive. We went on a non-Disney vacation a couple weeks ago and we felt like we were getting deals on everything, after the fact we just realized that we had the Disney pricing glaze over our perception of pricing...
I saved thousands on resort stays and MM alone. I don't add up the savings between an AP and what tickets would have cost me. Yes, they're still making money off me, but it's a product I want to buy. I don't begrudge them making a healthy profit. It's funny, I just came back from a trip to Vegas and had serious sticker shock over the prices. I said then, Disney felt like a bargain in comparison.

Even though I don't buy APs, this will trickle down to normal ticket prices as well. A normal average of $100 per day to enter the parks could say jump to $125-$150 or more soon.
And with the selling of my DVC contract I have really started looking into other places to visit. (Mexico maybe) I know I will still visit Disney in the future, but I little doubt with the intensity that I have so in the past 15 years. And maybe that is just what Disney is looking for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter