AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

Actually if you purchase 2 7-day hoppers right now at the current price from UT or another ticket broker, the AP is $53 more! so no savings at all. That's what I was comparing. Yes, if you buy direct from Disney you would save about $30. The savings would come from the discounts. But not everyone takes advantage of the discounts to their fullest.

Are the prices you are comparing to the AP, date based or flex tickets?
That makes a huge difference to me. I hate being tied down to an exact date with tickets when I can change my resort ressie up to 5 days in advance.

We have been saving Disney gc's and was saving our Disney visa rewards to buy AP's. The last gc was for my hubby on fathers day. We were going to do it last night but had an issue with our pool and decided to put it off another day. SHEET

We're Costco owners instead of Sams but in 10 minutes I joined Sam's and purchased 2 AP's.
WDW AP Platinum for 2=$2383
Sam's Club=$45
WDW AP Platinum from Sam's=$1847
$491 saved
I don't get to use our gc's or rewards but we can use it on hotel, food and MNSSHP. I had a confirmation email within 2 minutes. Thank you to whoever attached the link for the Sam's tip!

My daughter is doing DCP this fall and we have 3 short trips planned to visit her, we also have a short trip after a cruise planned next May. After pricing the short trips we still come out ahead long before next May because of hoppers, MM and parking. I think we will try to make a trip back before it expires in September 2020 then call it good for awhile.

Are the prices you are comparing to the AP, date based or flex tickets?
That makes a huge difference to me. I hate being tied down to an exact date with tickets when I can change my resort ressie up to 5 days in advance.

You can change your ticket start date if you go to a higher priced date range then you have to pay the difference.

The issue would be to go one day then want to save the rest of your days like you would from the non expiring ticket.

I saved thousands on resort stays and MM alone. I don't add up the savings between an AP and what tickets would have cost me. Yes, they're still making money off me, but it's a product I want to buy. I don't begrudge them making a healthy profit. It's funny, I just came back from a trip to Vegas and had serious sticker shock over the prices. I said then, Disney felt like a bargain in comparison.
My point is you're still going more because you have an AP as an incentive to spend your vacation there. Not faulting you for it, that's your choice and we do the same thing at this point. I tell my wife if we just get in one more trip just think of all the money we'll be saving! And she rolls her eyes and then goes through all the extra money it costs and that's where they get ya!

Just another reason why our trips have shifted from a few weeklong on-site Disney resort trips with a Universal day per year to on-site Universal resort trips with a Disney day. Their annual pass is so much better on the wallet.

agreed, and better discounts. I bought their premier pass (their top one) when they ran the special of get 6 months free. $500 (FL resident) for 18 months, free valet parking, and up to 25% off at some locations on dining and merchandise plus a free Halloween Horror Night ticket? yes please.

I prefer Disney as a park more, but there's no denying Universal has better AP benefits

Last edited:

The more, I think, about this increase, the more, I think, it's Disney charging for the perk of seeing Galaxy's Edge early. You're really paying up for that opportunity, and it looks like the price is roughly $200. I guess this is easier than charging a fee for early admission to Galaxy's Edge. Is this perk worth $200?

The more, I think, about this increase, the more, I think, it's Disney charging for the perk of seeing Galaxy's Edge early. You're really paying up for that opportunity, and it looks like the price is roughly $200. I guess this is easier than charging a fee for early admission to Galaxy's Edge. Is this perk worth $200?
I say no, especially if you’re buying an AP specifically for this perk and you’re shut out. There’s no guarantee of getting a time slot preview. I wouldn’t risk it.

Problem is, it's not even a guarantee. If you aren't able to sign up right away, you paid all that for nothing.

I can say I had a pretty magical year with my AP. I was not planning to renew but was considering going again Dec 2020 and the April 2021 and was considering a pass again. I will have to see how it prices out at this point. But I did my Disney bucket list - went to all the Festivals, rode all the rides I wanted, went to MNSSHP and MVMCP, bought a Thomas Kincade Disney canvas and a Dooney, took as many magic shots as I could, went to DAH. It's been a great year. Am sad about the price increase but will have to see how circumstances are when I want to go back.

These are the DVC rates:

Disney Platinum Plus Pass New Purchase: $999 (from $849)
Disney Platinum Plus Pass Renewal: $849 (from $721)

Disney Platinum Pass New Purchase: $899 (from $749)
Disney Platinum Pass Renewal : $764 (from $636)

Gold Pass New Purchase: $699 (from $609)
Gold Pass Renewal: $594 (from $517)

Seems like their answer to crowd control.
I've never believed that line of thinking. Disney wants more people all paying higher prices. Capacity in the parks is limited, so if some lower spending people ditch and can be replaced by some higher spending people, then that's fine with them. But I think they still have very high expectations for attendance. If it dips much, they'll run specials and lift blackouts to get it back up again. They won't let it drop.

I live an hour away. We are huge Disney fans and have annual passes. We go often, not as often as we want, but we go about once every two months (sometimes more depending on time of year and word schedule). We always thought the passes were worth it. However, we have seen prices slowly increase the past several years and it is becoming a bit much... It is not even worth it anymore honestly and it saddens me....

Any other sams club people still waiting on their e-mails??
Probably not what you want to hear, but I placed my order at 6:14pm. Immediately received the email confirming my order (not the ticket email, just confirmation of my purchase from Sam’s).

At 6:30pm (16 minutes later) I received the email with the Disney confirmation number. APs are linked to MDX profiles and “test FPs” have been booked.

For all those waiting on confirmation emails, I wonder if there is any pattern that can be found as to why the emails are taking so long for some but being sent almost immediately to others. What type of APs did you all purchase? Just a shot in the dark here. Mine were Platinum. And until today, I was not a Sam’s member. I joined today specifically for this AP purchase.

Hopefully a pattern can be found and those still waiting can quickly find a resolution

Probably not what you want to hear, but I placed my order at 6:14pm. Immediately received the email confirming my order (not the ticket email, just confirmation of my purchase from Sam’s).

At 6:30pm (16 minutes later) I received the email with the Disney confirmation number. APs are linked to MDX profiles and “test FPs” have been booked.

For all those waiting on confirmation emails, I wonder if there is any pattern that can be found as to why the emails are taking so long for some but being sent almost immediately to others. What type of APs did you all purchase? Just a shot in the dark here. Mine were Platinum. And until today, I was not a Sam’s member. I joined today specifically for this AP purchase.

Hopefully a pattern can be found and those still waiting can quickly find a resolution
I can’t find a pattern then as I wasn’t a member until today and also became a member just for this offer. Mine is also a platinum so only difference I can see in our orders is mine is an in store pick up I’m waiting on a will call e-mail for.... I ordered just before 1pm eastern time so 6.5+ hours now and a call to customer service. Guess I’ll be spending another hour+ on hold :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter