AP rate for a second room?

TNAngie

Mouseketeer
As I understand it, an AP holder is entitled to reserve up to three rooms at a discounted rate. I have reserved our room and my parents for June with the AP rate. I was wondering how we go about checking in. Do I just need to be there when she checks in and show my AP. I'm starting to worry about this. It doesn't take much for me to worry :crazy: Have any of you done this before and how does it work? (My name is not on her reservation, but the two are linked)
I also have friends who are thinking of going. Could I reserve a room for them as well???
Thanks!
Angie

If you are the AP holder, you can reserve up to 3 rooms with your discount. Their travel dates must be inclusive of yours so they can't arrive earlier or stay later than you are but they can stay less time. make sense? It's one of those things that depends on the CM. If you check in first you could ask the CM to note on their reservations (have their conf # with you) that the desk CM saw your AP. That way you shouldn't have to be there. You could get a CM who is a stickler for the rules and says you must be there. If that happens and you aren't available to come show your AP right then, your parents could ask if they could go ahead and check in and have you come back by the desk and show your AP. The worst that could happen is that they are told no and that you will have to come meet them but more than likely they will work with you.

If your AP is activated already, you could always call CRO and ask them to note your AP # in the comments field on the reservation. That may help too.

We do this often. I have always had to be there, unless I check in and pay (and of course I make the key non charging). If I pay and check in, I have been allowed to just make sure their name is on the room, and they have had to show ID to get the key. If they are paying, they have always made me be there.

I was wondering about this also, but the room is for a friend. I understand their dates need to be inclusive with our dates, but do I have to make the reservation for them or can they call and have the reservation linked to mine?

You need to make the reservation. You'll hold the ressie and their names will be on it.

:earsgirl: Thanks for the replies. I feel a little better now. I'm sure that we can be there when they check-in. We all have cell phones so we shouldn't have to wait all day. I'll try to have them note my AP number on their reservation when we check in just in case.
Since my parents have already paid for their room, could I check in for them? I made the reservations, but of course their names are listed on it. They would not want charging priveleges. Just curious.
Thanks again.
- Angie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter