Ap Rate For Bwv? Worth The $$

realtormom

Earning My Ears
I am coming back to Disney after a very long 5 years away! I got an AP rate at the BWV of $350 for a 1 Bedroom suite. First of all, is this a good rate and second of all is it worth the extra $$ as compared to a regular room? I have two kids (7&9) and thought the extra space might be good. Any input or advice is welcome!!

:earsgirl:

That's a pretty good deal for the one bedroom suite. I am a DVC member at the BW and can tell you that you will be spoiled by the extra room and amenities. If you do have the one bedroom and not the studio, you will have a full kitchen with microwave, stove, dishwasher, and full size fridge. You will also have dishes, silverware, pots and pans, toaster and coffee maker. The one bedroom comes with a king size bed and a pull-out queen sleeper sofa in the living room. The sleeper is big enough for two adults so your children will be fine. The bathroom is actually two separate rooms. The first has your shower, toilet and a sink. The second room has a jacuzzi, another vanity area, and a large walk-in closet. The best part of all (to me at least), is that the unit comes with an apartment size washer and dryer. There are two TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the living room, and a DVD player in the living room. Since you are not a DVC member, you will get daily housekeeping services (DVC members get them on a limited basis).
The only way that you may get a better deal is to rent points from a DVC member. You can find info on that on the DVC forum on these boards.

You can go to the DVC site and rent points there...You find a person who owns at BW and they are willing to rent their points to you..there is a calculator on this site that allows you to see how many points you need to rent for your entire stay. Normally it is $10 a point.

and points vary from season to season...

for me, I always rent points when I want to stay at BWV...My only advise is that it is cheaper during the week rather than the weekends.

For me, I am renting a 1 br at BWV for $200 a nite for 4 nites. tax included
the days are from mon-thurs...if I wanted fri,sat, sund...that rate would go up considerably.
I know this sounds confusing but once you see the calculator and see how many points it takes per nite, per season, it will be easier to figure out..

I would go for renting points during the week and than switching hotels on the weekend to elsewhere.

I'm staying June 19-23rd...

I have rented from many people on this board and have had no regrets

good luck

I am renting points in Oct at BWV and I am so excited! I have gotten a great deal! We are going to stay at another resort for the first 2 nights of our stay. We are arriving on a Fri. .

When renting, do you happen to know what the additional charge would be, if you wanted daily housekeeping? How often is the "limited" housekeeping? Thanks.

jfsdrv6 said:
When renting, do you happen to know what the additional charge would be, if you wanted daily housekeeping? How often is the "limited" housekeeping? Thanks.

Studio $25, 1 BR $30, 2 BR $40, 3 BR $60. Those are rates per day requested (you don't have to request everyday).

If you are staying 7 nights or less, you will get a trash & towel on day 4 (check-in counts as day 1). That includes replacing the towels & soaps, taking out the trash (there are trash drop off rooms on each floor). If you are staying 8 nights or more, you will get a full cleaning on day 4 and trash & towel on day 8.

The limited housekeeping sounds like a big deal to non-members but most members find they prefer it once they try it. You don't have to worry if housekeeping has been to your room yet in the afternoon. If you have a 1 bedroom or larger, you have a washer/dryer in your room if you want to wash the towels. Just pop them in the washer before you leave in the morning, put them in the dryer when you come back.

Thank you Debbie! You're right, it would be more convenient on some days not to have to worry about what time housekeeping will be arriving in the afternoon. And making their beds, will keep the children busy, while I give the vacuum a daily spin. Renting sounds like the perfect idea, I just wonder if it always goes smoothly, or could you arrive to find your reseervation cancelled?! Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!