AP rate question...

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
I am trying to decide on the timing of my AP purchase. Is there a way I can see the ap rate availability without having bought it yet? I see that they are released the rates for my travel period.

As far as I know, you won't be able to see the AP rates online until you buy an annual pass. But you can call reservations and ask if it is available for your dates. You can also post your dates and resort preferences here and a friendly Dis member could look them up for you. :)

As far as I know, you won't be able to see the AP rates online until you buy an annual pass. But you can call reservations and ask if it is available for your dates. You can also post your dates and resort preferences here and a friendly Dis member could look them up for you. :)
Thank you! I need something that sleeps 5...12/13-15...preferably a deluxe.
Also 12/22...sleeps 6 (or 2 rooms somewhere). These are pre and post cruise and our youngest turns 3 onboard. :)

ETA: DD starts the DCP late Jan, so I can't decide if I should get the AP now for Dec or wait til she goes down to extend the use of it.

Thank you! I need something that sleeps 5...12/13-15...preferably a deluxe.
Also 12/22...sleeps 6 (or 2 rooms somewhere). These are pre and post cruise and our youngest turns 3 onboard. :)

ETA: DD starts the DCP late Jan, so I can't decide if I should get the AP now for Dec or wait til she goes down to extend the use of it.

I did check the first set of dates, but no AP offers show at all. The option for Passholders appears, just no rooms. I've been waiting since Christmas to see some AP rates for the first week of Dec.--at least for Value. The best I can determine, most AP rates for the fall won't be published until the end of October (based on historical info). Just so someone checking for you can get accurate info, you might want to list number of adults and ages of children--other than the 2/3 yr. old. I did find a few just now.
Someone else will have to help with the "when" for AP.

Last edited:

I did check the first set of dates, but no AP offers show at all. The option for Passholders appears, just no rooms. I've been waiting since Christmas to see some AP rates for the first week of Dec.--at least for Value. The best I can determine, most AP rates for the fall won't be published until the end of October (based on historical info). Just so someone checking for you can get accurate info, you might want to list number of adults and ages of children--other than the 2/3 yr. old. I did find a few just now.
Someone else will have to help with the "when" for AP.

Thanks so much for looking! So the 2 resorts you listed are just the prices but no availability is released til late oct? Or is that for the night of 12/22 availability? Just want to make sure I understand.

I need something that sleeps 5...12/13-15...preferably a deluxe.
There isn't very much available with the AP:

Grand Floridian deluxe room - garden view (not CL) - $2349.35
Yacht Club - club level- standard room - $2315.10
Art of Animation suite - $1,234.86
Old Key West 2 bedroom villa - $2344.18

There isn't very much available with the AP:

Grand Floridian deluxe room - garden view (not CL) - $2349.35
Yacht Club - club level- standard room - $2315.10
Art of Animation suite - $1,234.86
Old Key West 2 bedroom villa - $2344.18
Thanks for checking!
That is $2315 at YC CL for 2 nights, 1 room? :scared:

December 22nd - rooms that sleep 6:
Coronado Springs junior suite - $670.34
Art of Animation suite - $474.73
AKL 2 br suite club level - $2490.48 - there were other, more expensive options for rooms that sleep six,

Single rooms - each room cost:
The cheapest room is at POFQ - $278.11
the cheapest deluxe was the Yacht Club - garden view - $532.98

There were a lot of choices for 12/22 but they cost more than the YC. If you have a specific resort you want to look at for that date, let me know. :)

December 22nd - rooms that sleep 6:
Coronado Springs junior suite - $670.34
Art of Animation suite - $474.73
AKL 2 br suite club level - $2490.48 - there were other, more expensive options for rooms that sleep six,

Single rooms - each room cost:
The cheapest room is at POFQ - $278.11
the cheapest deluxe was the Yacht Club - garden view - $532.98

There were a lot of choices for 12/22 but they cost more than the YC. If you have a specific resort you want to look at for that date, let me know. :)
thank you so much!

Yes, that was for two nights.

I found another resort - Saratoga Springs 2 bedroom villa - $1323.56
So strange. Regular discount for YC CL is $1416 those 2 nights. I appreciate your help. I am going to compare all these to the reg discount now and see if it is worth getting the AP early. That AP SSR rate is a savings of $300!

So strange. Regular discount for YC CL is $1416 those 2 nights. I appreciate your help. I am going to compare all these to the reg discount now and see if it is worth getting the AP early. That AP SSR rate is a savings of $300!
I'm getting different numbers when I check the general public Magical Holidays room only:
YC standard view room- 12/13-15 - $1,222.66

I'm seeing $1625.86 for YC CL for 5 adults with the Magical holiday discount. You didn't tell me the age of the 5 people so I assumed they were all adults. It would be cheaper if some of them were under 18. :)

edited to add: I think the Disney website was messing up, since I got different results every time I did a search.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for looking! So the 2 resorts you listed are just the prices but no availability is released til late oct? Or is that for the night of 12/22 availability? Just want to make sure I understand.
These showed available at those rates for your first set of dates, but I did list 2 adults and 3 kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter