AP rates for villas

Kuzco

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to do some preliminary planning for a possible trip to WDW in Jan 06 with a group of 6 or 7 people. We were thinking about trying to book a 2 bedroom villa at a DVC resort. Does anyone know, or has anyone gotten, an AP rate for a 2 br villa? I know that I could have booked one this year for a studio at WL, but I wasn't sure about the bigger rooms. Thanks!

I had absolutely no luck on any kind of discounts larger than 1 bedroom. We just switched to 3 rooms at the AKL

I've gotten AP rates for Old Key West. It depends on the time of year you come, and how booked up it is. It's possible that in January there'll be AP rates, but it's hit or miss.
When we got AP it was in late July, early August, two years in a row for a 2 Bedroom at Old Key West.
However, this year, I made our reservations before the AP rates came out, and then I waited too long to check if rates had come out. So I'm out of luck this year.
But it's still worth it to us to stay there. Last year we stayed at the Grand Floridian concierge (in the main building), where it cost us almost $200 MORE/day for one room, as compared to a huge 2 bedroom at Old Key West.

Sure the GF is our favorite, but I want us to be able to spread out this year.

Have you considered renting points? Check out the DVC rent/trade board. Points are around $10 per point and a 2 bedroom in January at OKW would be 218 points or $2180. January is relatively inexpensive and you may have better luck for availability there vs. hoping for an AP rate. I would think AP rates for 2 bedrooms are practably non-existent at BCV, BWV, and VWL.

i decided to rent for the VWL this sept for 8 nights and the cost was 125 a night (1000 total) i rented from a member right off this board & sent him the $ & got my conf. we are staying in a studio. the benefit was the 125 a night as well as no taxes. it still is better than the new AP prices that are out for this time period, so i am happy. this is our 1st time trying the villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter