AP renewal discount question?

Debi

<font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea
I've been an AP holder for the last 5 years, and just recently joined DVC. When my AP is up for renewal in October, can I renew at the DVC discounted price, or do I have to purchase a new AP through DVC?

Thank you, dianeschlicht! Do I need to call MS to renew, or is there another method to renew?

You can call MS or renew in person at Guests Services outside one of the parks or at Downtown Disney. Be sure to have you membership card and photo ID when you activate the pass at Guests Services.

I just realized our APs expired while I was preoccupied having our first child and we never received any notification of renewal offer. Shouldn't we have received something in the mail at least?

poohj80 said:
I just realized our APs expired while I was preoccupied having our first child and we never received any notification of renewal offer. Shouldn't we have received something in the mail at least?

Yes, but they do seem to be somewhat sporatic with the renewal notices. Either way if it is a few months after your current pass expires until you visit WDW again, it is better to get a new pass rather than a renewal. The difference is only about $25 with the DVC dscount, and you'll have your new pass for several "extra" months.

Chuck S said:
Either way if it is a few months after your current pass expires until you visit WDW again, it is better to get a new pass rather than a renewal. The difference is only about $25 with the DVC discount, and you'll have your new pass for several "extra" months.
I totally agree if this is the case but we may be going this month. :)

I think there is only a 30 day window for renewals, I know that is the case if you renew in person...so you may have been made to get a "new pass" anyway. Since your baby was born in March and it is already May, then two months have already passed.

It is also a 30 day grace period if you renew over the phone.

BTW, we've had APs for maybe 10 years now?? We seldom get renewal reminders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!