AP Renewal Qs

Takket

Test Tracker
My AP says it expires April 6th on the website

Can I still renew up to 30 days AFTER the expiration date?

Is that 13 month promotion over? I had the 13 month one this time but haven't heard anything about it now. I assume it is gone and not coming back.

Yes you can renew 30 days after. The renewal will be for 12 months, 11 months if you wait 30 days after it expires.

13 month promo ended last year.

You can renew 60 days before and 30 days after your expiration. No matter when you renew, your new expiration will be April 6th, 2019

13 month promo ended last year.

You can renew 60 days before and 30 days after your expiration. No matter when you renew, your new expiration will be April 6th, 2019

Not sure if that is a WDW policy but DL AP’s can only be renewed 40 days ahead. And they are strict on that, we were in town this week and tried to do it on day 41 (I can’t add apparently lol) and her computer wouldn’t even give her the option.

Not sure if that is a WDW policy but DL AP’s can only be renewed 40 days ahead. And they are strict on that, we were in town this week and tried to do it on day 41 (I can’t add apparently lol) and her computer wouldn’t even give her the option.
it is 60 days before for WDW I got my AP the day before my Bday and I took a trip every year for a week for my BDay so I had to renew to book FP some years I could not book FP for the last few days until my 60-day renewal. I was so happy last year when they had the 13-month promotion thing.

WDW APs can be renewed 60 days in advance and 30 days after the anniversary date.
It USED to be (for years) that the number was 30 days in advance and 30 days after.
But, with the advent of on-site guests being able to book FP+ as early as 60 days before check-in (and up through the duration of that trip,)
Disney changed the before-anniversary-date renewal to 60 days to cover the fact that sometimes an
AP would be expiring in that pre-60 day period.
In fact, since some WDW trips might also fall in a period that a guest's AP might expire
mid-trip, Disney will sometimes grant an EXTRA amount of time to renew (more than 60 days) before the expiration date
of an AP.

Will you still be able to renew your AP at the discounted rate if done 30 days after initial expiration?

Thanks! That’s interesting no renewal discount yet it will still expire in 11 months.

If you renew up to (and including) 30 days after your current AP's anniversary date, you WOULD get the renewal rate.

If you wait until 31 days after your current AP's anniversary date, you would not get the renewal rate.
But, you would be buying a NEW 12-month AP at that time.

Its just a matter of doing the math of cost vs. exactly WHEN your next trip(s) will happen using your AP.
Whether renewing with a discount (and getting close to only having 11 months of AP use in the future,)
or waiting past the 30-days-after renewal date
and just buying a NEW AP at a later date, therefore getting later dates' use out of the new AP.

If you renew up to (and including) 30 days after your current AP's anniversary date, you WOULD get the renewal rate.

If you wait until 31 days after your current AP's anniversary date, you would not get the renewal rate.
But, you would be buying a NEW 12-month AP at that time.

Its just a matter of doing the math of cost vs. exactly WHEN your next trip(s) will happen using your AP.
Whether renewing with a discount (and getting close to only having 11 months of AP use in the future,)
or waiting past the 30-days-after renewal date
and just buying a NEW AP at a later date, therefore getting later dates' use out of the new AP.

Thank you for the clarification, this is very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter