AP Room Discount w/ Dining Plan

The13thLetter

DIS Veteran
I am reading around that you can still add a dining plan onto an AP discounted room booking. Can anyone confirm this is correct? And if so do you think it would be worth it instead of buying the Tables in Wonderland card and paying out of pocket for the meals (minus the 20%)?

PS - We have never done a dining plan yet and are thinking of doing quite a bit of sit downs and character meals this trip so I am really contemplating it.

PPS - We are also going with a group of 7 (my wife's parents, my parents and our little guy) and i know the rest of them are not going to want to buy it since they will not be going with us to all meals. But because of that, if DW and I did not get the plan, there is a chance they would pay for a few of our meals anyway so I am really torn on this haha.

Thanks!

I booked the current AP discount for Port Orleans Riverside and added the DP just last week, no problem.

You can add it online at the time of booking. I've not been able to add a DP to my existing reservation online but I think some have had better luck. When I hit the Add Dining button it just circles back to the same page.

You mention that you are going with a group and not everyone would want the plan. Are you sharing a room with any of those folks? (Sounds like this would have occured to you as a complication, but figured it was best to check in.)

With a group of 7 and quite a few of character and TS meals, you can save a lot with the TIW card! And you wouldn't have to deal with some on DDP and some not on DDP.

Yeah my wife and I would be in our own room and probably the only ones doing the plan so the others wont be forced to if they dont want to. I just am having a hard time trying to calculate which is best because with the dining plan we are still paying for tip out of packet and our second (and third and fourth haha) adult beverages will be out of pocket as well. I might make all the reservations, try to figure out how much the meals "would" be, calculate ta and tip and extras (drinks/apps/etc.) and just see if it adds up. I am thinking TIW might be the way to go but I will try and sort it all out.

Honestly, we are going to be going with a CM friend who gets up to 40% off at several places and with the recent price increases, the dining plan was still more cost effective, so I doubt TIW will do a lot to help, although TIW does give discounts on Alcohol which the CM friend doesn't get, but that wouldn't have made a difference for us since we don't drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter