AP Room Discount ?

mmsportsmom

Mouseketeer
We are planning a 2020 trip with our son, daughter in law and some of her family. We will need 4 rooms. Hubby and I have annual passes. Have I read somewhere you can book up to 3 rooms with an AP discount? Would I be able to list hubby and I in different rooms to get the AP discount on all 4 rooms? We are waiting for the prices be released in June and then will be booking so I am trying to have my plan ready. Any experiences would be appreciated! Thank you!

I have booked multiple rooms this way for family coming from out of town. Just make sure your cc info for charges is correct. Keep in mind the magic band will only work for the room it’s registered to. So if you have one room in your name and one in his his band won’t open your hotel door.

Oh, Thank you! I hadn't thought of the door issue. I guess they will have to just take the general public discounts. :)

You can each book up to 3 rooms with an AP discount, so, yes, theoretically you could book all 4 rooms. If your husband is listed as lead guest on another room, you could always give him one of your MB's to open your resort room door. One thing to keep in mind, AP discounts are usually released later than general public discounts and aren't applicable to all rooms - it's really luck of the draw as to what is available under the discount. If you are planning on booking this summer when 2020 rates are released, AP discounts for that time period will not be out yet. For example, the most recent AP discounts were released on April 24, 2019 to cover reservation dates from July 1 - August 28 of this year. The best you can do is book the rooms you want and then keep an eye open for any discounts that are released and then see if they apply to your reservations or, be flexible and switch to rooms that are under the discount.

You can each book up to 3 rooms with an AP discount, so, yes, theoretically you could book all 4 rooms. If your husband is listed as lead guest on another room, you could always give him one of your MB's to open your resort room door. One thing to keep in mind, AP discounts are usually released later than general public discounts and aren't applicable to all rooms - it's really luck of the draw as to what is available under the discount. If you are planning on booking this summer when 2020 rates are released, AP discounts for that time period will not be out yet. For example, the most recent AP discounts were released on April 24, 2019 to cover reservation dates from July 1 - August 28 of this year. The best you can do is book the rooms you want and then keep an eye open for any discounts that are released and then see if they apply to your reservations or, be flexible and switch to rooms that are under the discount.
Yes, my plan is to book when packages are released in June and then watch for any applicable discounts as they are released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!