AP Rumored Increase

wee-haggis

DIS Veteran
It has been rumored that the AP prices will increase in October by $50-$100 with the possibility of some perks being removed or decreased. Does anyone know, if we buy AP's now.....but not use them (for the first time) until December,....will we be getting the perks and advantages (as is in place, at the time of purchase) or would it be at the time of first activation ?

It has been rumored that the AP prices will increase in October by $50-$100 with the possibility of some perks being removed or decreased. Does anyone know, if we buy AP's now.....but not use them (for the first time) until December,....will we be getting the perks and advantages (as is in place, at the time of purchase) or would it be at the time of first activation ?

AP Perks (discounts) are typically by calendar year. Last year they changed the AP program, they added the photopass and it went by activation date. If you had purchased an AP before the change but not activated, you still got the photopass. Most likely any decreases would come first of the year and apply to everyone.

Tell me this is a zombie thread... >sigh<

They punched up the price by almost $100 last year... I don't see why they'd increase the price again so soon. It's BARELY worthwhile now!

The 20% PAP merchandise discount suddenly disappeared (from all cardholders) a few years ago, so I don't think any perk beyond park admission is guaranteed.

At Disneyland most definitely. I don't think that is the goal at WDW. I think WDW wants to just squeeze as much out of people as possible.
Ya, probably so. So just how much does a AP, with all water parks included set back a Florida resident now a days? How about at Disneyland?

Ya, probably so. So just how much does a AP, with all water parks included set back a Florida resident now a days? How about at Disneyland?
Disneyland Signature pass which has no blackout dates $1049
Walt Disney World pass with no blackout dates plus water parks $829

Last years you got what you purchased but they did reserve the right to give you the newer version. If they are removing something and that survey about new dining locations and new attraction blockouts is what they end up doing I can see them giving everyone the more expensive pass when you activate for no additional cost to get that into effect asap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter