AP vs. parkhopper

mja451

Earning My Ears
Just wondering, haven't stayed this long before. Staying 14 days. I think it will be cheaper doing AP for everybody, than parkhoppers. Only, can't decide whether to get the premium or not. The only difference for us would be for the water parks. Anybody done this before? Any tips? Thanks. FW Cabins 8/3 - 8/17.

If you are going to hit the water parks and DisneyQuest and/or PI I would get the preium ones. If you are just doing parks and maybe 1 water park per trip or 1 PI visit then a reg AP would be cheaper for you. If you are only making 1 trip in a 12 month period and want to do everything then I think the ulitmate park hoppers (or LOS) passes are a good deal since everything is on there.

We stayed for 2 weeks in Jan & although we love the water parks we didn't go so we just bought regular AP-- we are going again in August & hopefully we will go to water parks so we're probably going to upgrade to the PAP's. I personally don't believe in the Length of Stay because you pay by the day & you may or may not go to the parks everyday- whether you do or not you're still paying for it, where as if you buy a hopper & you don't go to the parks one day you can save the day forever, we actually had a couple of days left on our hoppers & we put them towards our APs & the value was taken out of the price. Also, I think the Ultimate PH tops off at less than 14 days- I checked into it & I want to say the most they do is 12 days- I'm not sure & it may have changed but the last time I checked you couldn't get it for 2 weeks. Have fun!:D

Something to keep in mind about that the Water parks is that after 3:00pm they have a discounted rate.

Beware of the AP. It forces you to take more trips to WDW. It casts a spell on you. I have a love/hate relationship with my ap. In fact We have a 9 day trip planned for September and out of the clear blue I booked a 4 day weekend for later this month. I have no idea how it happened!?:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter