APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say I'm never planning a stay spanning two separate months again.

We are heading down the end of May-beginning of June. May AP rates have been out forever. June came out only recently, and by the time they did, the lowest level APH available room was a Deluxe for our dates.

We are trying to decide if we want our SMSM garden view rate of 339$/night or Deluxe 2Q APH of 377$/ night (HRH).

When we first started going to HRH in 2003, I paid 125$/garden or 135$/pool with Entertainment rate, lol. I feel SO OLD!

This is a very good point. We are used to Disney, and the whole reason we are going to Universal is to try for a more relaxing trip. We are penny pinching this time also, so my reasoning for thinking about CL is to try to save, given that our daughter is able to snack us into the poor house. We really enjoy going out to eat, so it may be money better spent to just have a good sit-dow meal once a day at our leisure and get by on lighter snacks and Amazon Now food in the room the rest of the time. I had it in my head that if club level was under $100 a day for all three of us, we could do it. $125 might be pushing it.

Lol i don’t ever remember any of my sons eating as much as my GD when we took her to park for a week last year. Constant snacking all day, barely ate half her ‘real’ meals lol.

Keep an eye on AP rates that might work on upgrading just one of your tickets. Run the numbers, often it works out & you can get a discount on food with certain APs.

Link in OP currently displays an error message... Yes, I keep checking to see if my dates have opened up.

Edit: Actually, it seems like the whole hotel reservation system on universalorlando.com is borked right now. Loewshotels.com is working though.

Edit2: Universalorlando.com is back up. Faster IT than Disney!

Last edited:
How soon can I expect October APH rates to be released? I’ve never booked with AP before and my main question is whether not it’s advised to book a non APH rate room and then rebook once rates are released to avoid not getting a room?

How soon can I expect October APH rates to be released? I’ve never booked with AP before and my main question is whether not it’s advised to book a non APH rate room and then rebook once rates are released to avoid not getting a room?

There is no reason for you to not go ahead and book a room...book the cheapest you can find that you will be satisfied with, if the rates do not drop. If you find a cheaper rate...APH or otherwise, you will not be able to just switch your reservation...so, you should book the new room, first, then cancel your other reservation...you will be refunded in a few days.

You will be charged a single night, at the rate you book, at the time of your booking. You have until 6 days out from your stay, to cancel your reservation for a full refund...then it gets incrementally less of a refund, afterward.

There is no reason for you to not go ahead and book a room...book the cheapest you can find that you will be satisfied with, if the rates do not drop. If you find a cheaper rate...APH or otherwise, you will not be able to just switch your reservation...so, you should book the new room, first, then cancel your other reservation...you will be refunded in a few days.

You will be charged a single night, at the rate you book, at the time of your booking. You have until 6 days out from your stay, to cancel your reservation for a full refund...then it gets incrementally less of a refund, afterward.

For many past stays, as long as when staying @ same hotel, was able to call in and have them apply the existing deposit to the new reservation.

I’ve been reading it’s been hit or miss:confused3

Just want to say I'm never planning a stay spanning two separate months again.

We are heading down the end of May-beginning of June. May AP rates have been out forever. June came out only recently, and by the time they did, the lowest level APH available room was a Deluxe for our dates.

We are trying to decide if we want our SMSM garden view rate of 339$/night or Deluxe 2Q APH of 377$/ night (HRH).

When we first started going to HRH in 2003, I paid 125$/garden or 135$/pool with Entertainment rate, lol. I feel SO OLD!
Same here! We will be there end of May and first of June and the June rates are so much higher! Just ended up booking Mon thru Fri at PB and then Fri and Sat at Sapphire Falls.

Wanted to do Memorial Day weekend, but rates are crazy high. It costs more per night to stay at CBR over Memorial Day weekend than at PBR the following week.

The way they release rates for APs makes it hard to book more than four nights at the same resort- especially at the end of the month going into the next.

Where can I find out what others Are paying for a reg room at RPR in Aug with APH rates? (It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here)

Before I decided to become an AP member, my original resort per night for PBR BV king room was around 350 per night. With my AP rate, I paid 254 per night. When I looked at the park tickets, there was a difference of $20 for the 3 day park to park ticket and a standard AP ticket. It was worth my money to just buy the standard AP ticket and take advantage of the huge resort savings. Overall, I saved around $300. I will just play in the park on my 4 days that I am there.

Before I decided to become an AP member, my original resort per night for PBR BV king room was around 350 per night. With my AP rate, I paid 254 per night. When I looked at the park tickets, there was a difference of $20 for the 3 day park to park ticket and a standard AP ticket. It was worth my money to just buy the standard AP ticket and take advantage of the huge resort savings. Overall, I saved around $300. I will just play in the park on my 4 days that I am there.

Yeah...isn't that awesome? A lot of people just get sticker shock at the hotel, ticket, AP or Express Pass prices...but, if you dig in and discover how to put them all together and make it work positively for you, when you get onsite, it is so relaxing...and you saved money.

Yeah...isn't that awesome? A lot of people just get sticker shock at the hotel, ticket, AP or Express Pass prices...but, if you dig in and discover how to put them all together and make it work positively for you, when you get onsite, it is so relaxing...and you saved money.
Even though I probably won’t get to go again just knowing I saved a bunch of money is awesome. It might take time to search and price but in the end, it could be worth it.

Keep checking your dates for a cheaper rate! I saved $90 total for 2 nights by switching to a newly available rate at Portofino Bay! Switched from Bayview to Gardenview 6/7 - 6/9. Very happy with our rates now!

Am I not doing something correctly? I ran scenarios based on Aug 21-30, 2018 for regular room rate and AP rates (3 adults, 1 child).

For Cabana Bay the regular rate for a Courtyard family suite poolside comes out to $1,498.67 while the APR says $1,654.88.
Again for a Tower family suite poolside - regular rate $1,564.49 while the APR says $1,756.13.

Am I not doing something correctly? I ran scenarios based on Aug 21-30, 2018 for regular room rate and AP rates (3 adults, 1 child).

For Cabana Bay the regular rate for a Courtyard family suite poolside comes out to $1,498.67 while the APR says $1,654.88.
Again for a Tower family suite poolside - regular rate $1,564.49 while the APR says $1,756.13.

For a 7+ night stay, the Stay More Save More (SMSM) rate is often a better discount than the APH rate.

That is weird! I would book the regular rate and keep an eye open on the AP rates. Might as well get it for the cheapest.

For a 7+ night stay, the Stay More Save More (SMSM) rate is often a better discount than the APH rate.

That is weird! I would book the regular rate and keep an eye open on the AP rates. Might as well get it for the cheapest.

Thank you. We're not actually going until August 2019 but I could only compare rates in August 2018 to get an idea of discounts.

Unfortunately I could not compare RPR, which is where I would really like to stay, but so far the difference between RPR and CBBR (regular rates) is $860 US.

I'm torn. More room in the CBBR suites but those EP at RPR...

I booked this morning a king suite at sapphire falls, with a connecting queen room. I thought the APH price of $358 per night was pretty good-the room has 2 bathrooms and the 2 bedrooms which is nice. It was less than $20 a night more than the sapphire suite, and this way our son can have his own room, he doesn't have to sleep in the living room on the pull out sofa. $358 for a suite on property I thought was a good deal. We almost booked off sight, since we're going to Disney afterwards, and was looking to save some $, but the draw of staying on sight always wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!