APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, AP rates are now available at Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls through 11/4. None yet at the other resorts, I'll still be checking for first weekend in October for Royal Pacific, but I won't be checking for availability for the higher level resorts for all those dates.

Am I going nuts?? I saw the AP rates earlier today, now I don't see them. Could they have gone that fast??

Ok, AP rates are now available at Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls through 11/4. None yet at the other resorts, I'll still be checking for first weekend in October for Royal Pacific, but I won't be checking for availability for the higher level resorts for all those dates.

Thanks, @Roxyfire! I updated the first post to reflect the new dates.

In case anyone is finding the new site uncooperative, here is a direct link to the version we're more familiar with.

Is anyone seeing any Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls APH rates after 8/12 now? I just checked a few random dates in September and October and nothing is coming up.

Is anyone seeing any Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls APH rates after 8/12 now? I just checked a few random dates in September and October and nothing is coming up.

Not there anymore, I wonder if they pulled them down for some reason.

I just called the central hotel resv number. They told me the hotels are evaluating if there's a need for APH rates in the higher end hotels given bookings in place already and to see how VB affects bookings.

Looking back at my notes for my trip last year, we had our hotel booked for 2nd half of September with APH rates by 4/15/2016.

On Tuesday, I checked PB for the third week of September. The APH code worked (did not get the red error message at the top of the screen), but the rates were still the same. Now the APH code gives the error for the same days. Again, the rates are unchanged. Weird.

I added a note on the first post that the rates are sporadically available for the moment.

On Tuesday, I checked PB for the third week of September. The APH code worked (did not get the red error message at the top of the screen), but the rates were still the same. Now the APH code gives the error for the same days. Again, the rates are unchanged. Weird.

Are you checking for all hotels at the same time or just PBH? If any of the hotels have the APH rate, the red error message doesn't appear unless you just searched PBH. At least that is my experience.

Last edited:
Ah, good to know. I indeed did search for all properties. I only looked at the rates for PBH, HRH, and RPR, though.

I cant get it to show me anything available and I tried a bunch of different dates. I will keep trying though!!

I am considering purchasing AP for our upcoming trip in Sept. We will be staying 9/20-9/24. To see if there is a room discount do i just have to keep checking the website? Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

I am considering purchasing AP for our upcoming trip in Sept. We will be staying 9/20-9/24. To see if there is a room discount do i just have to keep checking the website? Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Yup, just keep checking by entering the code APH.

You should qualify for SMSM rates. I would book with the lowest rates available then change if AP rates are lower.

IMG_1823.PNG

Troublesome to go to the Universal Passholder section and see this just now. Looks like they pulled (temporarily i hope!) seasonal & APH rates.

I switched a reservation around for early July last Tuesday. Switched from PBH to RPR since a suite was open for youfirst upgrade via booking an APH rate. Did a double take as to the reservation number i was given & inquired. Was told they are in the final process of switching over to the new booking system. Reservation # now is 9-digit combo of numbers & letters. Confirmations will also reflect the traditional old 8-digit, number only reservation along with they new one, at least until things switch over completely. :scratchin

Would not be happy to see APH discounts cease entirely since they sell the APs with discounted rooms clearly listed as a benefit on their website. :rolleyes1 I understand APH rates are limited in number by whatever logarithm the resorts use to allocate & via demand.

IMO odd that all the seasonal/APH rates have been revoked suddenly in connection with VB's opening, unless there's been a surge in bookings. For my dates 4th of July week there are plenty of rooms still available.

IF VB turns out to spike bookings long-term, perhaps a compromise would be for APH rates only available to Premier & Preferred pass-holders. However, to totally eliminate offering them without advance notice just doesn't seem 'right' to those who bought APHs specifically with the intent of booking discounted rooms as in past practice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter