APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good. The discounts are the only reason I bought an AP this year.

Shoot! Finally got the Disney and the Airfare in reasonable range and now PBH is $376/night for first week of August. aargh!

:scratchinPerhaps any TAs who happen to be about might be able to shed some light on whether the APH rates are expected to be reinstated sooner vs later.:wizard:

You know who you are, go forth and call please.:laughing:

Sapphire falls is showing a APH rate for 8/31 to 9/4 for $144 a night. Cabana bay $124 APH. Hope that helps someone
UGH. This is exactly what I needed. Well 9/1 to 9/4 and I would have jumped on that rate for Sapphire Falls. I guess I will have to keep watching. We just got back from CBBR a week ago, and I hadn't been checking regularly. Stupid me. I hope the AP rates are coming back.

I'm waiting too. I have RPR booked with Orbitz at $263 for 10/1-4 but would love something cheaper! Last year I was able to book PBH for $199 with the AP discount.

UGH. This is exactly what I needed. Well 9/1 to 9/4 and I would have jumped on that rate for Sapphire Falls. I guess I will have to keep watching. We just got back from CBBR a week ago, and I hadn't been checking regularly. Stupid me. I hope the AP rates are coming back.
I'm going 9/4-9/7 and no luck

Via a FB link that showed up on my feed (for CB suite upgrade during days in June BTW), there is a direct link to the Universal APH section of their website.

I clicked on tab for hotels & was able to price out rates for my upcoming dates with the APH discount. Note there were only suites & up type rooms available. Example $345 for a king suite @ RPH on 7/6.

When i went to the Loews website to see if i could duplicate, I received an error message when inputting the APH rate code under promotions.

Suggest trying via the U APH website to price/book!

Via a FB link that showed up on my feed (for CB suite upgrade during days in June BTW), there is a direct link to the Universal APH section of their website.

I clicked on tab for hotels & was able to price out rates for my upcoming dates with the APH discount. Note there were only suites & up type rooms available. Example $345 for a king suite @ RPH on 7/6.

When i went to the Loews website to see if i could duplicate, I received an error message when inputting the APH rate code under promotions.

Suggest trying via the U APH website to price/book!

Interesting! I was able to book PBH bayview for $289 weeknight and $314 weekend using the U site.

Thank you!

Note: I could not find where to enter YouFirst info so, I wonder if we will still have Gold benefits.

Interesting! I was able to book PBH bayview for $289 weeknight and $314 weekend using the U site.

Thank you!

Note: I could not find where to enter YouFirst info so, I wonder if we will still have Gold benefits.

Great! Don't forget we have a date/rate thread here if you want to participate :)

I'd make sure to call & get your youfirst # associated with the reservation!

Last October's trip during hurricane we had a long talk with resort manager(s). Was told they would be revamping the youfirst program and that I'd "love it" but couldn't share any other details. I hate teasers lol. have yet to love changes to any travel rewards program. Never heard another word about it though. Hope with current booking system revamp, they don't change the youfirst program to lessen current benefits. :hyper:

As i read it (below) the contract terms state they can change the benefits at any time and terminate with 6 months' notice.

https://www.loewshotels.com/terms-conditions

I'm waiting too. I have RPR booked with Orbitz at $263 for 10/1-4 but would love something cheaper! Last year I was able to book PBH for $199 with the AP discount.

I have not looked at the third party vendors yet

I book way out as in eleven months for my October stays as I book for two weeks each October 1-15

I used smsm as they have the following years dates in the system
And prices are cheaper the further out you book

October shows on the UO site dates and % amount for their season
(Oct 1-?)
For that time period smsm is a 35% discount off rack for bookings of 7 nights or more

Much cheaper than aph rates for me

Check the site and see what the discounts are for your 3 night stay
See if it has the 15% discount
If so modify your rate to smsm

With the discount I used, my rate is $190 a night
Tax added to that still makes it affordable for me

I have not looked at the third party vendors yet

I book way out as in eleven months for my October stays as I book for two weeks each October 1-15

I used smsm as they have the following years dates in the system
And prices are cheaper the further out you book

October shows on the UO site dates and % amount for their season
(Oct 1-?)
For that time period smsm is a 35% discount off rack for bookings of 7 nights or more

Much cheaper than aph rates for me

Check the site and see what the discounts are for your 3 night stay
See if it has the 15% discount
If so modify your rate to smsm

With the discount I used, my rate is $190 a night
Tax added to that still makes it affordable for me

Thanks!

The Orbitz rate is actually slightly cheaper than SMPM and I'll get $30 to use toward another trip. I'm okay with it but cheaper is always a good thing!

I have a reservation at PBH July 9-12 for a Bay View 2Q for $294. I just checked and now they have Garden View 2Q available for $259. Is the Bay View worth an extra $35 a night? Is it a shorter walk from the Bay View rooms to the park? This is my first visit to Universal in over 20 years so I have been trying to read everything and learn. It seems like the rooms are identical except for the view??? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I have a reservation at PBH July 9-12 for a Bay View 2Q for $294. I just checked and now they have Garden View 2Q available for $259. Is the Bay View worth an extra $35 a night? Is it a shorter walk from the Bay View rooms to the park? This is my first visit to Universal in over 20 years so I have been trying to read everything and learn. It seems like the rooms are identical except for the view??? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Bayview is beautiful and generally a shorter walk unless you are in the east wing. I would request west or villa wing if you choose the bay view.

I'd switch to GV. Without a balcony find we spend little time looking out the window.

I have a Bay view for July 11, for the same price as you. We enjoy having a nice view, so for us we wouldn't change for $35 a night less.

Just an FYI. I called the APH number today and they informed me that the rates could come out two months or even one month in advance. He did not say the APH rates are going away so that is good news. Hope he is right.

Just an FYI. I called the APH number today and they informed me that the rates could come out two months or even one month in advance. He did not say the APH rates are going away so that is good news. Hope he is right.

I have seen them come out a couple of weeks before our trip, at least for the room type that I wanted at the HRH.

Ap rates have come out a few weeks ahead for some dates

I have booked ap rates two weeks out for a spur of moment trip

When blocks of rooms are released from travel agencies back to the hotel, many times UO will offer ap discounts to fill those rooms

Same with unsold convention blocked rooms but my understanding that more in range of a month to 3 weeks out.

I was able to get an APH discount vs SMSM at Royal Pacific for 9/23-9/29. Saved $100 about $20 a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!