APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 4 people, I think HRH would be more comfortable. HRH is closer to the parks, and the rooms are bigger. Plus, some of the RPR rooms have a semi-translucent door on the bathroom. That doesn't bother me, but others may feel uncomfortable about the lack of complete privacy. I don't know if this is every room. The one we stayed in after the remodel that had this only had a shower, no tub/shower combo. The other room, also after the remodel, had a solid door. My husband will stay at HRH for just the 3 of us, even if the rate is more than $50 extra per night; my son and husband really like it. Portofino is my favorite, but I like HRH too. They also still do rewards for stays, unlike the other 2, if you sign up for the Hardrock Rewards program. I even get a free entree coupon for my birthday; unfortunately, I am rarely in Orlando then.
thanks! Ours had the translucent door last time, wasn’t a biggie! I think I’ll keep the HRH...and thanks for the rewards tip

What room/rooms would you suggest for 3 adults and a 13 year old girl and a 17 year old boy

I have a 19 yr old daughter and a 23 yr old son. We originally booked at Sapphire a king suite with a connecting 2 queen room. With the AP rates coming out, I ended up switching to 2 rooms at Portofino for our dates in May, and saved $450 difference between the rooms and now I don't have to add Express Pass anymore.

Historically, when are APH rates released for end of May/ beginning of June? Or are they usually not offered at this time?

This is our first time traveling during this time and currently the rate per night at HRH for 5/31-6/3/19 is $459. Id like to save a little...

Historically, when are APH rates released for end of May/ beginning of June? Or are they usually not offered at this time?

This is our first time traveling during this time and currently the rate per night at HRH for 5/31-6/3/19 is $459. Id like to save a little...
My guess would be March. I have only been watch aph rates for a year and half but it seems like the date ranges have been different rent this year

My guess would be March. I have only been watch aph rates for a year and half but it seems like the date ranges have been different rent this year

Last year I booked a Portofino APH rate for May 29 through June 1st on January 25 (I checked in my email for the date). So in the next week I would start checking once per day. This was a Bay View room, for reference. About 2 weeks out (early May timeframe), a Garden View opened up but I did not pull the trigger fast enough and only King beds were available.

Edit: As a side note I will be looking for the nights of June 2nd and 3rd so if you want to watch this thread I will be posting when those are available. Normally the time frame of Memorial Day weekend and beyond are listed at once. I'm not sure how far out it goes but you could probably go back 50 or so pages and perhaps see those posts.

I just made a 2 night reservation at HRH using the APH for May 29th-30th. Now I need to purchase the tickets, for our family of 4, and make one of those AP. Question is, we are planning on being in the parks for 3 days 5/29-5/31 and I want to buy the least expensive AP ticket. I know both the seasonal and power passes have black out days, and the seasonal also has additional black outs for concerts at one of the parks. It doesn't appear that the dates we are planning on visiting will be effected by any of these blackouts, but it does say those are subject to change or have more dates added. But I don't really want to spend the extra $50-$90 on getting the preferred if our dates will not be effected by the blackout dates. What should I do?

I just made a 2 night reservation at HRH using the APH for May 29th-30th. Now I need to purchase the tickets, for our family of 4, and make one of those AP. Question is, we are planning on being in the parks for 3 days 5/29-5/31 and I want to buy the least expensive AP ticket. I know both the seasonal and power passes have black out days, and the seasonal also has additional black outs for concerts at one of the parks. It doesn't appear that the dates we are planning on visiting will be effected by any of these blackouts, but it does say those are subject to change or have more dates added. But I don't really want to spend the extra $50-$90 on getting the preferred if our dates will not be effected by the blackout dates. What should I do?

Always buy the cheapest ticket you need, Universal is happy to upgrade that ticket on site if you find you need a higher level AP. My guess is the seasonal will work just fine for you, but if you find you need the power, you can absolutely upgrade at several locations, including inside the hotel. Hope this helps.

Always buy the cheapest ticket you need, Universal is happy to upgrade that ticket on site if you find you need a higher level AP. My guess is the seasonal will work just fine for you, but if you find you need the power, you can absolutely upgrade at several locations, including inside the hotel. Hope this helps.
It absolutely does thank you! Seasonal it is for now then for a total savings of almost $250 whoop whoop!! :woohoo:

I do have one follow up question though. When I add the ticket to my cart the only option is to pick it up at the ticket window (guessing that means at the entrance of one of the parks) so does that mean we have to go there first to get the ticket before checking into the hotel (with all of our luggage) to get the APH rate? How does that work?

It absolutely does thank you! Seasonal it is for now then for a total savings of almost $250 whoop whoop!! :woohoo:

I do have one follow up question though. When I add the ticket to my cart the only option is to pick it up at the ticket window (guessing that means at the entrance of one of the parks) so does that mean we have to go there first to get the ticket before checking into the hotel (with all of our luggage) to get the APH rate? How does that work?

The savings sure are nice! You do not need to get the ticket prior to check-in, just have to show them the AP prior to check-out to get the discount. Makes it easy to get settled in first so you are trudging through city walk with all your stuff. You might be able to get it right at the hotel, but I’m not entirely sure. It’s worth asking at check-in.

Buy 3 day tickets for everyone. If some of the days are blackout days, just use your tickets. At the end of the 3rd day upgrade to the ap. You might have to do this before leaving the park. If there are no blackout days upgrade any time.

Another suggestion buy at least 1 ticket from AAA. You don’t have to be member. They will give you a voucher for discounts at stores and restaurants at Universal.

I have $309 at HRH for 3/9-12.
Yes, thanks! But that is still a little over my budget. The $274 rate at RPR is what made us switch from CB, but we will still do CB 2 nights since I can't get that rate more than 2 nights in a row. Is HRH that much better?

Yes, thanks! But that is still a little over my budget. The $274 rate at RPR is what made us switch from CB, but we will still do CB 2 nights since I can't get that rate more than 2 nights in a row. Is HRH that much better?

I haven’t stayed at either yet so can’t stay-both look fabulous. It’s whether $40 is worth it for Express Pass for your family.

I haven’t stayed at either yet so can’t stay-both look fabulous. It’s whether $40 is worth it for Express Pass for your family.

Yeah, but it was a lot more than that difference total between staying at HRH for 4 nights vs. RPR 2 nts and CB 2 nts, and still out of my budget. We will have Express passes for 3 days so I think that will be plenty! Taht is a good rate at HRH though!

Yeah, but it was a lot more than that difference total between staying at HRH for 4 nights vs. RPR 2 nts and CB 2 nts, and still out of my budget. We will have Express passes for 3 days so I think that will be plenty! Taht is a good rate at HRH though!

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds! I often split my stays similarly. You have the express pass for rides, will have time to enjoy the ambiance at RPR, and the relaxing stay at Cabana Bay (can walk over to Volcano Bay if you are going).

Last year I booked a Portofino APH rate for May 29 through June 1st on January 25 (I checked in my email for the date). So in the next week I would start checking once per day. This was a Bay View room, for reference. About 2 weeks out (early May timeframe), a Garden View opened up but I did not pull the trigger fast enough and only King beds were available.

Edit: As a side note I will be looking for the nights of June 2nd and 3rd so if you want to watch this thread I will be posting when those are available. Normally the time frame of Memorial Day weekend and beyond are listed at once. I'm not sure how far out it goes but you could probably go back 50 or so pages and perhaps see those posts.

Thank you for the heads up. I hope it is similar to last year and they are release soon :).

Do we know about when AP rates will drop for November? I thought the first post said through December, but maybe I wasn't reading it right because the site says not available. Just trying to get an idea on our honeymoon trip which hotel we'd like to stay at.

We have never had an AP and wanted to know should I just buy a seasonal AP for myself for the discounts and just buy regular ticket for my granddaughter? We are only going to the parks for 2 days. The season pass is 324.82 and a 2 day park to park ticket is 292.87. Those are both with tax included.There will be just the 2 of us so we would save 31.95 if I only got one seasonal AP. We are staying at RP in June so we will already have express pass but no discount for the room yet. The room rate right now is 404.00 a night and we plan to stay 3 nights. Any help or ideas on what we should do about tickets will be appreciated :confused:.

Last edited:
We have never had an AP and wanted to know should I just buy a seasonal AP for myself for the discounts and just buy regular ticket for my granddaughter? We are only going to the parks for 2 days. The season pass is 324.82 and a 2 day park to park ticket is 292.87. Those are both with tax included.There will be just the 2 of us so we would save 31.95 if I only got one seasonal AP. We are staying at RP in June so we will already have express pass but no discount for the room yet. The room rate right now is 404.00 a night and we plan to stay 3 nights. Any help or ideas on what we should do about tickets will be appreciated :confused:.

I would wait to see if Ap rates are available for your dates. You don't need to have the pass when booking. I would say yes it will save you money, but you never know. Just wait till the rates come out before buying your tickets.

I would wait to see if Ap rates are available for your dates. You don't need to have the pass when booking. I would say yes it will save you money, but you never know. Just wait till the rates come out before buying your tickets.
Ok thank you.

Does anyone happen to know what the going AP rate has been for standard garden view rooms at PBH for mid to late March?

We’re thinking of booking a Spring Break stay of either 4 or 5 nights the week of March 17th, and have been watching the rates. So far the best I’ve seen is a Delux 2 Queen at $384/ night for the 4- night dates, and a Standard Bay View 2 Queen at $344 for our 5-night dates.

I’m wondering if the rate difference between those and a Standard Garden View 2 Queen is worth checking multiple times a day to see if one pops up. Last year I was able to snag one for $249/night, but I have no idea if that’s even close to a realistic rate for this year.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!