APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am "blue" with Loews and have an upcoming Royal Pacific stay in a standard view room. Is the upgrade automatic, or should i ask when we check in?

You have to request the upgrade when you check in.

It is not automatic so inquire when you are there.

The upgrade would be standard room to water/park view if available.

OP here...I stopped getting notifications of new posts again, so I didn't realize there was more chatter. Have APH rates been released past December yet? I haven't been checking since I don't have a trip planned, but I'll continue to update the first post if there's new action.

OP here...I stopped getting notifications of new posts again, so I didn't realize there was more chatter. Have APH rates been released past December yet? I haven't been checking since I don't have a trip planned, but I'll continue to update the first post if there's new action.
I don't think so. I'm checking in January and haven't seen any rates.

A poster on the previous page reported getting an AP rate for December:

I had a club level room at RPR reserved with the SMSM rate for our December dates but I saw a standard room at the AP rate pop up and it's saving me $153 per night so I booked it. Yay for AP rates! I was looking forward to club level but it's not worth $153 per night extra for us so standard room it is!

This will be our second stay at RPR. Are we eligible for a Loew's youfirst rewards room upgrade to a better view if one is available? If so, does the room upgrade just happen or do I have to request it at check in?

Thanks!

For some reason the link in the very first post of this thread is not working for me today. Is anyone else having this problem? This link seemed to give better deals than the universal website.

For some reason the link in the very first post of this thread is not working for me today. Is anyone else having this problem? This link seemed to give better deals than the universal website.

Same here. Perhaps they finally killed off the old booking site.

Using the reservation "Make a Reservation" button on the main Loews website seems to be giving me the same results as the old link from the first page (and certainly more APH deals than the main Universal site). It looks like you have to search one property at a time though.

https://www.loewshotels.com

Using the reservation "Make a Reservation" button on the main Loews website seems to be giving me the same results as the old link from the first page (and certainly more APH deals than the main Universal site). It looks like you have to search one property at a time though.

The old site has gone down before and come back up, but it's been at least a day now I think so you could be right. The loewshotels site is a little less convenient because it wants me to search for each specific hotel separately and I usually select "all properties" and look at all three premium hotels. But who am I kidding...after our last stay at Portofino I don't think we want to stay anywhere else.

Where do you put in your APH code?

It is very simple to enter the aph code on the site www.universalorlando.com

Go to the main page and there is a white tab that says, "BUY PACKAGES, TICKETS AND HOTELS"
Click on that tab and the menu comes up. Click on hotels and it is pretty much the same layout as the old site. You can check all the hotels at once, same as before.

It is very simple to enter the aph code on the site www.universalorlando.com

Go to the main page and there is a white tab that says, "BUY PACKAGES, TICKETS AND HOTELS"
Click on that tab and the menu comes up. Click on hotels and it is pretty much the same layout as the old site. You can check all the hotels at once, same as before.

I'm not having any luck going in that way. It does allow me to pick all properties and enter the APH promotion code, but then it doesn't show any APH rates [when I know they exist]. And I don't find the layout near as "user friendly" as the old system. Oh well, 1st world problems. :p

I'm not having any luck going in that way. It does allow me to pick all properties and enter the APH promotion code, but then it doesn't show any APH rates [when I know they exist]. And I don't find the layout near as "user friendly" as the old system. Oh well, 1st world problems. :p

You are right. There seem to be more rates available if you use the annual pass link at the top of the website instead.

And thanks!!!! You just saved me $75 by making me check that out! Found a AP rate for all three of my end of October dates at the RPR.

I left the link in the first post but added a line that it may be dead. I figure I'll leave it up for a while in case it comes back at some point.

I've been checking back periodically for APH rates for late January. Just today I'm noticing that Stay More Save More rates are now up for my dates, rather than the standard seasonal rack rate. Is it typical for the SMSM rate to be released around this time and APH rates to come out in another month or two?

Hopefully someone can give me some advice :) We are planning to get our family of 5 seasonal passes for Christmas. I'm trying to plan our first trip for the beginning of February. We've never stayed onsite and this will be our first family trip to Universal. Still debating on Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls...we are planning to get 2 standard rooms to have more room and privacy. Anyway, are the rates I'm looking at today the lowest? Are there AP rates that I'm not seeing or have they not been released yet? Should I go ahead and book or wait? Also, if you have opinions about which hotel I'm all ears :) I know if we pick SF we would still like to go see CB....how can you visit and not pay for parking at both places?? Thanks

Anyway, are the rates I'm looking at today the lowest? Are there AP rates that I'm not seeing or have they not been released yet? Should I go ahead and book or wait?

For February, APH rates would not be out yet to my knowledge. I'm still waiting on late January. If you are going to stay there regardless of the rate, you can always book now and then call to have your rate adjusted if/when APH rates are released for your dates. If whether you stay there is dependent on rate, doesn't really matter if you book now or wait. It just secures a room for you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!