Aphihds

Noah

Easy, Direct, and Simple
Does anyone know of a natural and organic way to get rid of aphids from a vegetable garden? Once they are there, they just keep multiplying so much that I have to disacrd the whole plant.

Thank you.

Noah

Hi Bobbie,

I really appreciate your link and suggestions. I did try the lady bug method. Unfortunatley, although some of them did eat, most left. I timed released them into 2 phases. By the time all of them left, there were still some aphids left and as you know, they multiply more until they are all gone.

So we decided to trash the whole plant before the rest of them gets infected. I think the next option I would like to try is a garlic and water spray and aluminum foil. They sound more natural to my veggie garden and would like to try should the aphids come back.

Noah

Aphids especially like tomatoes and squash, particularly juicy varieties. Some of them also have wings so that when they are attacked, that is when you try to wash them away, they can fly away to another plant. They secrete a chemical when threatened that causes the next generation of aphids to create a larger population with wings. When more of them have wings they can spread all around your garden more easily and are quite happy to attack your neighbor's plants, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter