Appetizer in place of Dessert

Frankie Nova

Mouseketeer
The dining plan offered now does "Not" include an appetizer do they offer you the appetizer in place of the dessert? If not why not make that option available, it is probably relatively close in price
I am not a dessert kind of guy.

The dining plan offered now does "Not" include an appetizer do they offer you the appetizer in place of the dessert? If not why not make that option available, it is probably relatively close in price

Correct, the regular DDP does NOT include an app.

The running theory on the reason they don't allow the sub is a time issue. Even with just two people dining, if one orders an app and the other dessert, it adds time to the table. Yes, you can order an app and pay OOP, but then the restaurant is getting more money for that time spent. Table turnover is of high importance.

However, cost is another issue. Even though the price points are about the same, the cost to prepare dessert over apps is less.

The running theory on the reason they don't allow the sub is a time issue. Even with just two people dining, if one orders an app and the other dessert, it adds time to the table. Yes, you can order an app and pay OOP, but then the restaurant is getting more money for that time spent. Table turnover is of high importance.

However, cost is another issue. Even though the price points are about the same, the cost to prepare dessert over apps is less.[/QUOTEtotally undersat

they raise the price and gave you less. you have to VERY strategically eat to make it worth the DDP
The appetizer hasn’t been included for almost 10 years. While the price may be similar, the cost is not. Appetizers are more time consuming and expensive to make.

News flash!!! The 2018 DDP now has included an appetizer and one specialty drink or 1 alcoholic beverage!
Yipeee!!!

OPPS WRONG POST
And I did call to confirm

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-15_13-35-46.png
    upload_2017-11-15_13-35-46.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 31

What you have posted is not for the regular dining plan (DDP) but for the deluxe dining plan (DxDP) which is more expensive. Just want to be sure you realize that.

What you have posted is not for the regular dining plan (DDP) but for the deluxe dining plan (DxDP) which is more expensive. Just want to be sure you realize that.
of which I have. yes thank you

of which I have. yes thank you

News flash!!! The 2018 DDP now has included an appetizer and one specialty drink or 1 alcoholic beverage!
Yipeee!!!

and just for further clarification with the entire thread, the DELUXE plan has always included an appetizer, entrée, dessert, and drink. Allowing an alcoholic beverage is new for 2018 and is available with ALL the dining plans.

The costs really aren't that close. For example, the appetizers I have in our plan spreadsheet for Rose & Crown are $11 & $13. The desserts are $7. At Narcoosees, our apps are $17-19. Desserts are $11-12. That's too much of a difference for Disney to allow swapping even without taking into account the potential effect on table turnover.

While you cannot trade a dessert for an app, some TS restaurants will let you have something in place of the dessert, but you will have to ask at every restaurant. Typically it has been a small side salad, a cup of soup or a veggie. It will be something chosen by the restaurant in advance and not all restaurants will have an option. At some of the signature restaurants there is a cheese plate on the dessert menu so not all desserts are sweet.

Thumbs up. I have just seen way too many time where someone reads the same thing you posted and skips over the "Deluxe" part. So now I always post to make sure they catch it!
good catch and thanks for that. that's why I call to confirm do not want any mistaken info

and just for further clarification with the entire thread, the DELUXE plan has always included an appetizer, entrée, dessert, and drink. Allowing an alcoholic beverage is new for 2018 and is available with ALL the dining plans.
was given false info .you are correct..upload_2017-11-16_6-30-8.png

However, cost is another issue. Even though the price points are about the same, the cost to prepare dessert over apps is less.

Yep. Desserts, for the most part, are prepared in bulk in advance. All that's required is plating when most desserts are ordered. An app has to be cooked, therefore more labor and time intensive, adding to cost.

None of this is new news.

Dxdp is pricey. Very pricey. $1400 for a week for two people blows my mind. More than my mortgage!

Anyhoo, if it is is your budget go for it
If the idea of 2-3 ts meals is ideal, go for it

I can not do a week eating like that. Most I can do us 2-3 days before I am done

I enjoy dining, but I need a break in between.

None of this is new news.

Dxdp is pricey. Very pricey. $1400 for a week for two people blows my mind. More than my mortgage!

Anyhoo, if it is is your budget go for it
If the idea of 2-3 ts meals is ideal, go for it

I can not do a week eating like that. Most I can do us 2-3 days before I am done

I enjoy dining, but I need a break in between.
the Idea is to eat 2 meals a day either early breakfast and earlier table serve
or lunch and later table serve ...then the table serve is a 2 credit dining getting the best bang for your buck and eating the best of foods
this is our kid less 20th anniversary vaca....want to relax .. park hop ..and Eat.. with my beautiful bride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter