Apple builds alliance with HP, a major Disney partner

lucky_bunni

Live via Chromebook
Early last week Apple announced that it would begin a partnership with HP to build iPod units to be sold under the HP name and shrowded in HP packaging. As you may know, HP is a major Disney partner and much of their technology if utilized by Disney, especially throughout the Walt Disney Internet Group. In many ways it is unclear why exactly Apple would begin selling its hugely popular MP3 player to a major competitor. The iPod device is already the number one MP3 player, so it would seem that they wouldn't need help from anyone else to sell the player.

Sure, maybe it's just a way to curb HP from engineering and selling its own device. Although I'll be a skeptic here and point out that maybe Apple is trying to build leverage with HP. Reason being, if Disney would lose Pixar and was forced to build its own computer animation unit then they may look to HP for the technology. They most likely wouldn't be looking Apple for technology. However, if Apple has its hand in HPs pocket then maybe that would make it a little more difficult for Disney to go shopping at HP. It could also be a way to see what Disney has going on at HP and if any new developments are in the works over at HP for Disney. Just some thoughts.

I'm not sure of the disney connection (meaning I couldn't offer up any suggestions) however, you asked why apple would be willing to sell/partner with HP for their MP3 player that is the #1 selling mp3 player as of now, I would suggest it might have to do with the current problem that many many ipod owners are having with the ipod battery. Not sure if you were at all familiar with the problem, but basically people were buying an ipod and the battery would die about 10-12 months after buying it, and would be out of warrenty, and apple would suggest the best thing to do is buy a new battery, costing around $130. The ipods cost only around 299 dollars, and just a year after buying the product they would have to shell out another 130, so the consumers have been aggrivated and made it public that there is a problem. I read recently that apple made the ipod battery cheaper for those having this problem, most likely because of the bad publicity, but they might be trying to 'get the problem off their hands' if you know what i mean, by handing it over to HP. Just a thought though, I'm no business person...

tricia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter