Apple rumour

dcentity2000

<font color=red>Simba Cub<br><font color=green>Is
domonews0gv.gif

This just in...

Macworld.co.uk provides a good summary of the recent rumors and speculation about Apple's possible expansion into the online movie market, building on the success of the iTunes Music Store and iPod.

The most recent tidbit is a Business 2.0 blog post which claims that according to an internal Disney memo, Steve Jobs has been in talks with Disney's President Bob Iger about how to license Disney content for a video iPod.

On Monday, the Wall Street Journal reported that Apple was seeking to licesnse music videos to sell through the iTunes Music Store.
Source: MacRumors

Seems interesting...

Rich::

More than interesting Rich, the fact that Iger and Jobs are discussing things other than Pixar bodes well for Disney all the way around. Surely (as I've always said) a new Disney/Pixar agreement is right around the corner and quite possibly there will be more to come.

Iger seems more willing to think outside of the typical 'Eisner box' and is obviously easier to get along with.
pirate:

I wouldn't exactly be shocked at news of Disney and Pixar reforming their relationship; Pixar probably still needs a distributor and Disney badly needs the talent.

Personally, I think it's a matter of "when", not "if".

Rich::

Disney may need the talent but that doesn't mean they need to continue to outsource.

I'd like this arrangement to be shelved. Pixar has already beefed up their workforce to compete head to head in this industry.

The problem is: Disney can't afford for them to succeed independently before they produce a hit.

Nothing will happen at this point.

I'm sure Jobs is pulling a wait and see with Chicken Little on the horizon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter