Apple Watch to the Parks?

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
I recently received an Apple Watch 4. Im just now learning the ins and outs of it. I’ve had an iPhone for years, so I’m familiar with Apple products.

I’m not sure I want to wear my watch the whole time on my upcoming vacation. For those with smart watches, do you wear them daily to the parks? If you do, do you also wear your Magic Band or did you purchase a puck holder for your watch band? I kind of like wearing a cute Magic Band, but not sure about wearing both.

I recently received an Apple Watch 4. Im just now learning the ins and outs of it. I’ve had an iPhone for years, so I’m familiar with Apple products.

I’m not sure I want to wear my watch the whole time on my upcoming vacation. For those with smart watches, do you wear them daily to the parks? If you do, do you also wear your Magic Band or did you purchase a puck holder for your watch band? I kind of like wearing a cute Magic Band, but not sure about wearing both.

Yes I wear mine. I either use the puck slider, or I wear a MB on the same wrist.

I wear my Apple Watch all day every day. Especially at the parks. Originally I wore the watch on one wrist and the magic band on the other. However, prior to my late 2018 trips, I found a 3D printed adapter designed to fit on an Apple Watch band that is made out of a flexible plastic, so easy to fit onto watch band and pop the puck in and out (unlike one that I had bought a year prior made of a hard plastic that I broke trying to get the puck out). Loved it and loved not having to wear the Magic Band on my other wrist. Have used them it since and bought some for my extended family going with me on a trip later this year. Luke3DP is the shop where I got mine.

I’m the same as @ENJDisneyFan, one on each arm.

I like wearing the watch so I can read texts, it tracks my steps, etc. The MDE app will occasionally alert you to various things, but nothing earth shattering. I also have the Dark Sky weather app which sends notices to the watch about impending weather.

I will also make a calendar entry for all of my FastPass+, dinner reservations, etc. I then added the 'next up' calendar entry to my watch face. This allows me to very quickly see when my next thing is occurring. And depending on how you have your notifications set up, you may get a notification from DME if a FP+ is modified to a ride being down.

Big fan of the Apple Watch in the parks. I use a custom watch face with all the complications I need.

Just took a screenshot to show what it's like:

• Top Left: my next alarm. In Disneyland, I use it to remind me of when I need to book my next MaxPass. In WDW, I set alarms for things important that I don't want to miss (such as ADRs), I also use the calendar but the bonus of the alarm is that you cannot miss it, and the schedule is always shown on the wrist.
  • Top: Carrot Weather forecast
  • Top Right: the date and time. This is provided by a free app, “WatchTheTime!”
  • Left: Find My Friends, to locate my family. Sometimes I switch that to Walkie Talkie.
  • Right: Carrot Weather with a custom complication with % of rain in the next hour plus the amount of rain
  • Bottom Left: a stopwatch, I use it to measure how long I have been waiting for a ride and help improve my strategy for the next time
  • Bottom: sunset/sundown
  • Bottom Right: UV, as shown by the Apple Watch Weather app. Until it drops below 5, I keep using sun cream!

I never wear a MB. I've got a puck-holder on a lanyard for when I want to have one handy. I always use my Apple Watch. Its great for Apple Pay at the shops if you don't want to charge to your Disney Resort.

I also have the Dark Sky weather app which sends notices to the watch about impending weather.

So off-topic but I just had to say I love this weather app! I’ve tried a lot and this one is so accurate. 😊

I wear my watch on one wrist and magic band on the other. I thought it would bother me, but I wear my magic band at home for a few days before we leave and by the time we get there I’m used to it.

Another fan of Dark Sky thanks to these boards. It is VERY accurate. Helped us get under cover a few times in July.

@cwis - I didn't want an AppleWatch 4 until your post. I was content with my 3. Now I want curved complications. The money I don't give to Disney, I give to Apple. :-)

I prefer my watch on my left wrist and MB on my right...just seems more natural for me to tap in with my right. I got a cute Disney band for my Apple watch and I use the Mickey face.

Big fan of the Apple Watch in the parks. I use a custom watch face with all the complications I need.

Just took a screenshot to show what it's like:

View attachment 425501

• Top Left: my next alarm. In Disneyland, I use it to remind me of when I need to book my next MaxPass. In WDW, I set alarms for things important that I don't want to miss (such as ADRs), I also use the calendar but the bonus of the alarm is that you cannot miss it, and the schedule is always shown on the wrist.
  • Top: Carrot Weather forecast
  • Top Right: the date and time. This is provided by a free app, “WatchTheTime!”
  • Left: Find My Friends, to locate my family. Sometimes I switch that to Walkie Talkie.
  • Right: Carrot Weather with a custom complication with % of rain in the next hour plus the amount of rain
  • Bottom Left: a stopwatch, I use it to measure how long I have been waiting for a ride and help improve my strategy for the next time
  • Bottom: sunset/sundown
  • Bottom Right: UV, as shown by the Apple Watch Weather app. Until it drops below 5, I keep using sun cream!
Wow! I need to up my apple watch game. Didn't even know half those features were available!

Wow! I need to up my apple watch game. Didn't even know half those features were available!

They aren't available if you have a series 3 or less...i know because after i saw this screenshot i immediately opened my Watch app and was gloom to find out i can't do nearly half of that stuff! (i have a series 3)

They aren't available if you have a series 3 or less...i know because after i saw this screenshot i immediately opened my Watch app and was gloom to find out i can't do nearly half of that stuff! (i have a series 3)

Indeed! One of the reason I wanted a Series 4. All my money goes to Apple or Disney anyway :rolleyes1

Ah that makes sense! I have series 3 too.

I wear my Apple watch on one wrist and MB on the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter