Apple Watch?

I have all notifications turned off on my phone except for texts, calendar and phone calls (obviously). I expect I'll do the same with the watch and have it on silent all the time.
This is pretty much how I have mine set up. I didn’t want it to become a distraction.

I have all notifications turned off on my phone except for texts, calendar and phone calls (obviously). I expect I'll do the same with the watch and have it on silent all the time.
Same! It's really the only way to wear one. :laughing:

I picked out a Series 3 GPS in Silver with a white band and 42 mm face. I wanted pink but they didn't have any. I gravitated right to the stainless steel with white band but it was $850!!! :eek::eek::faint: Yikes.

I picked out an extra heather gray band.

Now I'll have to figure out how to use it once I get it. :goodvibes

Congrats! Here's a pretty good beginner's guide:

https://www.imore.com/apple-watch-beginners-guide

If you're more a visual learner, there are lots of good videos on YouTube, too.

I've watched a few videos, but I'm still confused as to how it works when I'm out and about without wifi.
Not LTE correct? When you’re out and about it connects to your phone via Bluetooth. It uses your phone as a conduit. You will be alerted on your watch instead of your phone.

Not LTE correct? When you’re out and about it connects to your phone via Bluetooth. It uses your phone as a conduit. You will be alerted on your watch instead of your phone.
GPS only, not LTE. So it works off my phones data via bluetooth if not connected to wifi?

GPS only, not LTE. So it works off my phones data via bluetooth if not connected to wifi?
Yes. There’s really not a lot of data being used on the watch. Think of it as an extension of your phone + fitness/health tracker. Once signed into the WiFi at your office then you can be separated from your phone and it should work as if the phone is nearby even if it isn’t.

Yes. There’s really not a lot of data being used on the watch. Think of it as an extension of your phone + fitness/health tracker. Once signed into the WiFi at your office then you can be separated from your phone and it should work as if the phone is nearby even if it isn’t.
Thanks. I'll have to figure out how to set up the health stuff.

I have my watch. I have customized some things, still learning others. LOL Takes some practice. One thing I noticed is even the prominent haptics isn't strong enough for me to notice when it is on silent.

I have my watch. I have customized some things, still learning others. LOL Takes some practice. One thing I noticed is even the prominent haptics isn't strong enough for me to notice when it is on silent.
How snug/loose are you wearing it? If you have your phone open/active you’ll get the notification on it and not the watch. Or at least that’s the way it seems to work on mine. Also, if you have a passcode on, it won’t notify you if you haven’t unlocked it for the day.

How snug/loose are you wearing it? If you have your phone open/active you’ll get the notification on it and not the watch. Or at least that’s the way it seems to work on mine. Also, if you have a passcode on, it won’t notify you if you haven’t unlocked it for the day.
It is snug. I don't get sound notifications on my phone if my watch is turned on, which bugs me, especially since I rarely feel the notification for a text.

It is snug. I don't get sound notifications on my phone if my watch is turned on, which bugs me, especially since I rarely feel the notification for a text.
I have gotten used to if my watch is active the phone being passive. Both go off if they’re inactive. I wonder if something is wrong with your haptic? Mine just went off and it’s pretty strong. I wear my watch so that I can slide two fingers under the band underneath. Do you have someone around that could put it on and see if they feel them?

I have gotten used to if my watch is active the phone being passive. Both go off if they’re inactive. I wonder if something is wrong with your haptic? Mine just went off and it’s pretty strong. I wear my watch so that I can slide two fingers under the band underneath. Do you have someone around that could put it on and see if they feel them?
My phone won't sound if I get a text, though it will indicate with the red 1 I have one after I wake the screen. I can feel the vibration if I am paying attention, but just going about my day I don't notice it, so I end up checking my watch frequently.

I've had the watch a few days and I like using it at work. Definitely convenient and I am noticing more Apple watches every day worn by colleagues. :thumbsup2 I am still getting the hang of the using the side buttons in the correct order. :laughing:

I've had the watch a few days and I like using it at work. Definitely convenient and I am noticing more Apple watches every day worn by colleagues. :thumbsup2 I am still getting the hang of the using the side buttons in the correct order. :laughing:
I am left handed so wear mine on my right wrist “flipped.” Took me some time to figure it out, lol. Glad you are enjoying it. Are you feeling the haptics more?

I am left handed so wear mine on my right wrist “flipped.” Took me some time to figure it out, lol. Glad you are enjoying it. Are you feeling the haptics more?
Sometimes. I still miss some. If I have it sitting directly on top of my arm, I feel it, but if it slips at all, I don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter