Approximate time upon landing at MCO-DE-POP?

Colgal77

Mouseketeer
We land at MCO at approximately 9:35am on arrival day. How much time do you estimate it will take to get off the plane, get luggage, board magical express and arrive at POP? Trying to figure out how much time we will need to kill before checking in. Will have several little ones in tow.

Typically 60 to 90 minutes. Keep in mind that you don't need to wait for luggage when using DME. Also, you can check in as soon as you get to the resort. Your room may not be ready at that time, but they will send you a text when it is.

I'd say an hour and a half to two hours. Some will depend on the amount of traffic waiting to board DME when you get there. The ride to Disney from MCO is about 40 minutes +/- alone, and it can take upwards of an hour to deplane, get the luggage (unless you tag suitcases with your ME tags and they bring them to the resort for you), get in line for DME and then wait to board. But if your room isn't ready when you arrive, you can have Guest Services stash your luggage and go swimming/eat/browse the property before you are able to check in.

Re: luggage - I can say that next time I'd be more inclined to cart my own luggage to the hotel rather than let DME pick them up. Our luggage took quite a lot longer to arrive at our hotel than we did, and if we hadn't already planned to wear our flying clothes to dinner that night we'd have been late for our reservation.

The last three trips we arrived with 90 minutes from touch down, whether we grabbed our luggage or used DME. We did the same as you and it worked great we left our carryons with bell services and got on a bus and went to the parks. We received our texts or headed back to the hotel between 3-4 grabbed our carryons and the luggage was waiting in our rooms.
No stress. Grab something to eat go on a few rides and back to the hotel.

1. I'd say an hour and a half to two hours. Some will depend on the amount of traffic waiting to board DME when you get there. The ride to Disney from MCO is about 40 minutes +/- alone, 2. and it can take upwards of an hour to deplane, get the luggage (unless you tag suitcases with your ME tags and they bring them to the resort for you), get in line for DME and then wait to board. 3. But if your room isn't ready when you arrive, you can have Guest Services stash your luggage and go swimming/eat/browse the property before you are able to check in.

4. Re: luggage - I can say that next time I'd be more inclined to cart my own luggage to the hotel rather than let DME pick them up. Our luggage took quite a lot longer to arrive at our hotel than we did, and if we hadn't already planned to wear our flying clothes to dinner that night we'd have been late for our reservation.
1. A fair amount of this is the time between wheels-down and entering the terminal. Once in the airport, OKW Lover's timeline is accurate.
2. Extreme estimate, see # 1. You can also request a ready room.
3. Bell Services/Luggage Assistance, not Guest Services (which is Lobby Concierge and is not adjacent to the luggage storage facility.)
4. It is always, always, always standard travel advice to carry on whatever will be needed for the first 24 hours at one's destination. Always. Airlines are notorious (but improving!) for misdirecting luggage. Also, DME-handled luggage always travels separately from the visitors. It needs to be collected, sorted, transported, delivered, then sorted and delivered at the resort. Luggage should arrive in the room within three hours of the visitor arriving at the resort and the room being ready.

Last edited:
Usually around 90 minutes (my times are from arriving at the gate) in my experience, but once it took us close to three hours. The bus had just left so we had a long wait for another, there was lots of traffic, and we were the third of three stops. We don't collect our own luggage unless we're arriving late at night. That added on maybe 15 minutes the time we did it, but that time could vary a lot depending on how fast luggage gets unloaded from the plane and where your luggage is in how its unloaded (obviously you'll wait much longer if your suitcase is last one off the plane).

I just wanted to add that you can check in as soon as you arrive at the hotel. Your room may not be ready. You can drop your luggage with bell services and head to the parks. You do not have to wait until official check in time to check in.

Usually 60-90 minutes. But most of the time its 90 minutes.

As stated, you can check in right away. They will text you when the room is ready. In your situation i normally go to a park. When i come back, i call for my luggage to be sent to my room. Easy peasy.

Just put your 24-hour gear in your carry on, and bring a small "park bag", too, to transfer stuff to. Check in when you get to your hotel, change (if needed) at resort, throw park stuff in park bag, and check the rest with bell services (if your room is not ready..). Then head on to the magic!

I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. A fair amount of this is the time between wheels-down and entering the terminal. Once in the airport, OKW Lover's timeline is accurate.
2. Extreme estimate, see # 1. You can also request a ready room.
3. He'll Services/Luggage Assistance, not Guest Services (which is Lobby Concierge and is not adjacent to the luggage storage facility.)
4. It is always, always, always standard travel advice to carry on whatever will be needed for the first 24 hours at one's destination. Always. Airlines are notorious (but improving!) for misdirecting luggage. Also, DME-handled luggage always travels separately from the visitors. It needs to be collected, sorted, transported, delivered, then sorted and delivered at the resort. Luggage should arrive in the room within three hours of the visitor arriving at the resort and the room being ready.

LOL ok. 1. my personal experience, and traveling with two rambunctious boys. YMMV. OP stated traveling with several small ones, which has a way of extending the time needed to accomplish ANYTHING.
2. see 1.
3. I'm quite confident my meaning was understood, but if it makes you feel more correct, sure.
4. While solid advice, it's not always feasible based on what is being carried on and who is traveling. It may "Always" be recommended, but isn't "Always" possible. Considering the OP specifically stated that they had "several" little ones traveling with them, 24 hrs worth of clothes might be trumped by things that the kiddos need/will keep them quiet and happy during travel. Again, YMMV.

How much time do you estimate it will take to get off the plane, get luggage, board magical express and arrive at POP?

Expect 90 minutes, but sometimes it can be longer depending up the lines at the ME check in.

Might vary depending up arrival day. Our last trip in April we arrived around 10am on a Saturday morning - I have never seen such a line/crowd for all resorts for all the buses. We waited about 45 minutes just board the bus. There might have been bus issues or just because it was the NE states spring break a major influx of people on that day.

But arriving about the same time on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning the place was like a ghost town. We were able to board the bus pretty quickly and were on our way within 15-20 minutes of sitting on the bus. Probably arriving at the resort in 30-40 minutes.

Just plan to grab lunch and hit the pool - so keep those necessary item in your carry on bags. We arrived at Poly early 11am, so needless to say our room was not ready, but were going to grab lunch and head to MK. We were coming from a cold MA so we had to change -- we dug through our carry on bags and then changed in the bathroom, dropped our bags at bell services and off to the park we went.

What you do really depends upon the age of your children what their needs will be upon arrival. Ideally if you have time to kill arriving that early hitting a park if you have tickets is ideal.

We dont plan on doing a park on arrival day but will likely head over to DS at some point bc we need to get our Canadian tickets verified with our id. Probably sticking around, having lunch, pool... by that time hopefully one of our 3 rooms are avail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts