April 10-13: Day Three- Disneyland, Our Fastpass Strategy

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
After another leisurely breakfast (I have to tell you, it KILLS me not to do early entry when I get them unlimited since I am staying on property. Ron (DH-38) wants this to be a easy-going trip, and to keep him hooked, I am hiding my anxiety!!), we wandered over to Disneyland. We immediately got a fastpass for Indiana Jones, and then went to check out Space Mountain. Since the wait was short (5 minutes), we rode Space Mountain.
Insert Fastpass Strategy: Know that this isn't any big secret, but if you haven't used Fastpass before, it might be helpful. When you are assigned a Fastpass time (say 9:10-10:10), before entering the Fastpass attraction, right at 9:10 go get a Fastpass for another attraction. This may seem obvious, but for quite awhile I was under the misconception that you couldn't get a new Fastpass until you had used your old one. The reality is that the Fastpasses have a time printed on them now that tells you what time you can get another one. For example, in CA your Fastpass for Soarin Over California might be for 4:50-5:50 PM, but it is only 9:00 AM when you get the pass. The Fastpass will have a time listed after which you may get another Fastpass!

We did all the usual favorites, each time getting a Fastpass before utilizing our old one.

I also had written many postcards to my nieces and nephews "from Mickey". I wanted them signed by Mickey, but had a hard time figuring out how to do so.

Insert Mickey Signature Secret: Take your postcards to City Hall. They will ask you to leave them for a couple of hours, and when you return they will be signed by Mickey!! I was soooo excited!!

We also did the parade, and have one more piece of advice, if you don't want to stake out a spot for hours in advance of the parade.

Insert Parade Seat Advice: About 25 minutes prior to the parade, go stand on the sidewalk near Frontierland (the won't let you block the street at this point). However, about 20 minutes before the parade, they block off the street from Frontierland, and allow people to sit on the street behind the rope. So, without waiting for hours, we got a space in the second row behind the rope. Since they make you sit, you can see easily. It worked great!!

Tomorrow: We have to leave, but I have one more idea to share, and I'm riding the Maliboomer if it kills me!!

It is Mickey's actual signature, written in a black marker, like a sharpie. (Mickey has a standard signature, that all Mickeys learn.) :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter