April 10-13: Last Day - Did She Ride The Maliboomer????

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
Strangely, Ron and I chose to go to Animator's Palate first thing upon entering California Adventure. I really wanted to find out who I was most like (I was Nala, Ron was Buzz Lightyear - he was so proud!). No one was there - it was great!! We did all the exhibits.
Then, I could put it off no longer. Scared to death, we headed for the Maliboomer. Since Ron refused to ride, I went through the single-riders line. I was standing next to the most adorable 4th grade boys, who tried to reassure me. They told me they still get a little nervous, but that they had done it 16 times! When I was strapped in, the cute little boys were on one side of me, and another scaredy-cat was on my other side. He was about 20, and made the mistake of telling the ride operator that he was nervous. The ride operator kept messing with him - unbuckling his seat belt, false-starting the ride... When the countdown began, I was freaking. However, when we took off, I was amazed at how fun it was!! The 4th grade boy yelled, at the very top, "Isn't this fun?" I yelled back that I was loving it. It was over way too soon!!

We went over to Disneyland after the ride, with me just bubbling with enthusiasm. My dread was over!! First thing we did was go attempt to change my annual pass to a 2-park annual pass. The line was miles long. I did learn that the trick is to go to the Group Sales office outside the entrance. Sadly, they had lost my information, so I had to go back to the Bank, but they let me go to the front of the line.

We finished our trip with a pre-arranged visit to Blue Bayou (reservations were made before we even left home by our concierge contact, Janet). What a relaxing end. We did get to do a couple of fastpass rides, before heading back for our Airport Bus.

Luckily, I'm going back for the National Education Association convention in June, or I would be truly upset...

Thanks so much for all your GREAT responses. It is such fun to have a group of cyber buddies that love Disney like me!!

Just have to tell you....

That I really admire you for getting up the nerve to go on Maliboomer! When we visited 2 weeks ago I couldn't go on it, and when we're there again in just over 2 more weeks there's no way i can do it then either :-(

Maybe DH will go on it this time with DS?!? One can hope :-)

<center>Lauren

All it takes is faith & trust....and a little bit of Pixie Dust!

loveairdvc2.jpg

Great trip report! I really enjoyed reading it. Glad you had so much fun and such a positive experience!!

Misty :earsgirl:

I have read all your trip reports (although I haven't posted on them) and have really enjoyed them.

Thanks karen:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter