April 2010 ABD Backstage Magic : California Here We Come!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that a few of us are doing the 5-hour WB tour on Monday 4/12. Because of some other things we are looking to do, I'll have a car that day and should have at least two empty seats for the ride over and back. Just let me know.

We are going on that tour as well. We were planning to just hop in a cab as it seems relatively nearby. If room is still available a lift would be greatly appreciated but if you're full no harm done. We'll see you at WB.

Chris

I'm sooo excited the first wave of Flatties have arrived at their destinations!!!! :dance3:

This is how the ABD Flatties will work. There are roughly 48 Flatties all attired in undies and shoes. They will have different outfits for different days, as we see fit.

This is where our fellow ABD Adventurers come in - we need your help. :goodvibes Dodie, Anna and I will distribute the Flatties to those who are willing, able, and shanghaied in to participating each morning - probably at breakfast or the night before. You can take as many pictures of the Flatties as you want in as many various locations as you choose. If you want to trade Flatties with someone during the day, then have at it. There are no hard and fast rules. The goal is to have fun with our DIS friends who weren't able to join us on the trip. Some Flatties will get more picture time than others - it is inevitable - but the goal is that each Flattie will see a little bit of our ABD trip. :thumbsup2

I'd be most happy to assist with the "Flattie Brigade"

I don't have a smartphone, but I will have my little Sony cybershot camera with me with a memory card - I'll have my laptop with me too ( yes I have workto do while I'm there ) I will be able to download the memory card to my Photobucket account and then post to the boards if that will work.

This sounds like fun - i can't remember the last time I got to play with "paper dolls" - :teeth:

Since two platoons of the army of ABD flatties are scheduled to arrive at various points across the country today, I think it's time for us to open a thread on the Podcast Board for Live Photos and Updates from the DIS Backstage Magic ABD Trip. Several of us have Facebook and the ability to post pictures quickly and we have lots of friends who are willing to link to those pictures.

Now we just need someone to start it. Anyone in particular feel the need to do so? I know that one of the flattie platoons has arrived at its destination in Colorado and, according to UPS, a second platoon is inside the front storm door of a certain house in Indianapolis. ;)

By the way - there will be more flatties on this trip than there will be actual adventurers. I hope some of you with smart phones and a Facebook account are willing to take on some flattie responsibilities once we reach California!

Oh - and - TONYA ROCKS!!! (and I think I need a Cricut).

TONYA ROCKS!!!

I agree 100% :):thumbsup2

I'm sooo excited the first wave of Flatties have arrived at their destinations!!!! :dance3:

This is how the ABD Flatties will work. There are roughly 48 Flatties all attired in undies and shoes. They will have different outfits for different days, as we see fit.

This is where our fellow ABD Adventurers come in - we need your help. :goodvibes Dodie, Anna and I will distribute the Flatties to those who are willing, able, and shanghaied in to participating each morning - probably at breakfast or the night before. You can take as many pictures of the Flatties as you want in as many various locations as you choose. If you want to trade Flatties with someone during the day, then have at it. There are no hard and fast rules. The goal is to have fun with our DIS friends who weren't able to join us on the trip. Some Flatties will get more picture time than others - it is inevitable - but the goal is that each Flattie will see a little bit of our ABD trip. :thumbsup2

Very cool and you know I am in and I am sure we can shanghaie John into helping! :banana:

Are any of you going to be around for chat tonight? Just wondering if I should head home after work or go to Costco. :-)

If we do have chat tonight, I won't be there. I'm going to put my jammies on, drink some hot tea (with a shot of Jack Daniels in it Kathy), and try to get some rest - WILLING myself well!

Have fun!

Since two platoons of the army of ABD flatties are scheduled to arrive at various points across the country today, I think it's time for us to open a thread on the Podcast Board for Live Photos and Updates from the DIS Backstage Magic ABD Trip. Several of us have Facebook and the ability to post pictures quickly and we have lots of friends who are willing to link to those pictures.

Now we just need someone to start it. Anyone in particular feel the need to do so? I know that one of the flattie platoons has arrived at its destination in Colorado and, according to UPS, a second platoon is inside the front storm door of a certain house in Indianapolis. ;)

By the way - there will be more flatties on this trip than there will be actual adventurers. I hope some of you with smart phones and a Facebook account are willing to take on some flattie responsibilities once we reach California!

Oh - and - TONYA ROCKS!!! (and I think I need a Cricut).

Dodie,

Sally and I will be happy to take a flattie or two along on the adventure. We don't do facebook but I will be uploading our iPhone pictures to my flickr feed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave33770

Please feel free to post this link on the thread you just opened.

spokanemom said:
Are any of you going to be around for chat tonight? Just wondering if I should head home after work or go to Costco. :-)

So, no chat for me either. I got home to no power. We are having terrible wind storms and the power is out in various places all over the city. Thank goodness for my iPhone. I can at least have a little outside world for awhile, until my battery (that I forgot to charge at work) is dead. Sad.

We are going on that tour as well. We were planning to just hop in a cab as it seems relatively nearby. If room is still available a lift would be greatly appreciated but if you're full no harm done. We'll see you at WB.

Chris

You're in. I've send you a private message with my phone number. See you on the left coast.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!