April 2010 ABD Backstage Magic : California Here We Come!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! So I'm packed and ready to go. I have to work till 11:00am and then I'm off to Denver for a night then Vegas here I come. :banana: :banana: :banana:

All of my flatties are ready to leave also.

4504671442_803b4e5f28.jpg

I had to calm them down and put them to bed.

4504702182_e150093ff0.jpg

Hey everyone, Greetings from Singapore!

You may be happy to learn that I did manage to escape Bangkok alive. The riot police were moving into position outside our hotel just as we were leaving. Great timing I guess, but I'm still bummed that the mega-malls (Bangkok has 2 of the world's 12 largest shopping malls, right next to each other, and for a sense of scale, the Mall of America ranks 15th) were all closed for security.

Singapore should make up for that though. This place is amazing! Singapore is the cleanest place I've ever been. It is (I'm not exaggerating.) cleaner than Disney! Of course, the fact that they'll beat you with a cane if you're caught littering may have something to do with it. :) Oh, and chewing gum is illegal. But aside from that, and the threats of corporal punishment, it's amazing! Caught a break in the weather: instead of Africa-hot, it's only Florida-hot, about 90 degrees with scattered t-storms. Not bad considering I'm within spitting distance of the equator. (By the way, spitting in public here is a $1000 fine.) After these past two weeks in the tropics, California will seem downright arctic to me.

mk3.jpg

Have fun shopping Chris! Safe travels back to the States.

See you Tuesday:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

3 meetings and 9.5 hours of office time are all that is separating me from vacation.

Happy Friday :woohoo::yay::banana::dance3::woohoo:

One more day of work and then I am off to WDW for 2 nights at BLT before heading to CA Monday morning. I can't believe it is finally here!

Good morning all! Dragged myself into work a bit late today. A good night's sleep (and some meds) seems to have made me feel a little less crummy. I'm glad we don't leave until Monday morning because I should be significantly better by then.

I have a mile long list of work things that MUST get done today, plus the list of personal things I need to attend to.

The fact that I'm so :woohoo: excited is overriding any illness or stress at this point!

1 more hour of work, taking Ben for a "forgive us" lunch and then get ready to head to the airport.

Tonight LAX, tomorrow Santa Monica!! California here we come.

It's so cool to hear that everyone is actually geeting ready to head to CA. It seems like yesterday that we hit double digits on the countdown and now here we are on the cusp of leaving. I cannot wait for all of us to arrive in CA and to get to know each other better and get this adventure started. :goodvibes Safe travels everyone!

- Bill

I am so happy to hear of everyone getting ready to begin their vacation.

I have 6.5 more hours of work.

I have stuff to do now that I was not able to get done last night. No power = no vacuuming, no dishwasher, no clothes washer and although I could have dusted, dusting by candle light is NOT my idea of fun.

It's my DH's birthday today. I am more excited to work my last 6.5 hours than for his birthday today! Poor DH...:hug:

Everyone have safe travels. Have a wonderful weekend. See you all Tuesday!

The furbabies and their treats, toys & blankets are at the kennel ( we tell them that they're going to camp :lmao: )

I just finished printing out our boarding passes for our flights tomorrow

I have 4 hours of work left and then a quick stop to find a couple pairs of long pants to take - the nights sound like they will be quite cool.

when I get home I will make a few packing adjustments - nix the sundress - add long pants & a sweater, etc etc

Then a quick manicure & pedicure before settling down with a nice glass of Reisling. Of course I won't get to bed til later than I hope ( always happens )
then we have to get up super early - our cab to the airport arrives at 4:45am :scared1:

We land at Long Beach airport @ 12:45pm ( California time ) and then a hopefully short drive to Huntington Beach.
Let the picture taking begin :yay:

BTW - for those of you who might over-do it on your memory cards for your cameras - I have a 12 in 1 USB card reader and I will have my laptop with me. If worse comes to worse you're more than welcome to download your cards onto my computer to free up a card or two :thumbsup2

Everyone travel safe -

See you all soon

Our car for the airport leaves at 4:45 a.m.:scared1: too, Marilee, only on Monday. Crazy! Our plane is scheduled to land at LAX at 8:35 a.m. Our bodies are going to be so confused about the time, I have a feeling we'll be really tired at that point. (Neither of us is good at sleeping on the plane.) I'm hoping that we are lucky enough to get early check-in at the Renaissance. (Kevin requested it for us - reminding me that it's only a request, not a guarantee.)

I have about 4 hours left here at work today, then luckily I have the weekend to complete my tasks around the house and pack. I also plan to do some more "resting and drinking fluids." :sick:

It's been said already, but it's almost hard to imagine that it's actually finally TIME for this to happen. After almost a year of planning and posting here, we will all actually be together in the same place by Tuesday evening for our welcome dinner. :goodvibes I am so looking forward to seeing my dear friends who I already know and meeting those of you who I've not met previously.

It's only 10:30. Oh this day is d r a g g i n g!!!!

I want to be done with work. I am hoping that once I am outta here, it will feel more like vacation has started.

Monday at 5:30 am as I head to the airport for my 7:15 am flight, it will REALLY seem like vacation!:yay:

I've started the travel process!!! Finding clothes I forgot I had - still searching for an appropriate jacket - uploading pictures to clear off my memory cards - going to the bank and pharmacy - deciding if I really need that extra pair of shoes - prinitng off flight information - trying to figure out how to prepay for a checked bag so I can save a few dollars. :rolleyes1

Such excitement ! We're all packed - even the Carry on's, working from home had it's advantage this week for me ... Our trip tomorrow also begins at 4:45am - 7 am flight out of Nwk to LAX at 10 ish or 1 ish !! something like that, then over to Long Beach. John has to work late tonight : ( so when he get's home he will take care of the last minute details and then it's dinner out at our local sushi rest. Maybe an extra glass of Plum wine will make the time will pass quicker !! See everyone soon - Travel Safe . Micki

WAHOO!!!!!!! Even though I don't leave until Tuesday morning, all the imminent departures make me feel like my trip is starting too!

:banana::banana:WORK IS DONE! WORK COMPUTER IS OFF!:banana::banana:

Nails are done

Boarding passes are printed

Let the :laundy: commence!

BTW - for those of you who might over-do it on your memory cards for your cameras - I have a 12 in 1 USB card reader and I will have my laptop with me. If worse comes to worse you're more than welcome to download your cards onto my computer to free up a card or two :thumbsup2

Everyone travel safe -

See you all soon

This makes me feel soooo much better! Thanks! :cutie:

Due to circumstances that keep me employed, I am working Monday rather than taking the day off as I should have. So, I am fighting hard to keep my "Disney brain" at arms length at least past the weekend. I am thinking of you all packing and arranging, and some who have even arrived already!

I am catching the first flight our Tuesday and should arrive around by 11:00, and I can't wait to meet you all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441
BTW - for those of you who might over-do it on your memory cards for your cameras - I have a 12 in 1 USB card reader and I will have my laptop with me. If worse comes to worse you're more than welcome to download your cards onto my computer to free up a card or two

Merrilee - thank you so much for the kind offer!! I am dithering about picking up another stick, but c'mon! I have 32gig already - surely that is enough! (Warning ya'll again - I take a LOT of pictures!) :thumbsup2

Chris - I don't envy your long trip back from Singapore, but can't wait to meet you and hear about your travels! Good luck with the flights!

Karen - can't wait to meet you gal! We're gonna have some fun!:cool1:

Tracy - I hope they find and return your ID!!

Dodie - glad to hear you are feeling better

All - Safe travels and see you soon!! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter