April 2015 - Our First Spring at Disney

That does look really cute! I think the kids will love it. (us too) Thanks for the link. I saw on another trip report awhile ago where in one country, Perry actually floated out in a boat. I can't remember which country though! Did you guys do that one?

Wow that sounds very cool! Nope, I never saw that one. I'll ask the kid later today, I wasn't really paying close attention though. Now that she's 12 we often let her do her own thing, we just stay in the same area together.

Love the happy picture of all of you at in the test track queue! My son is way into Agent P. and he's stoked that there is a game to play in EPCOT!

Wow that sounds very cool! Nope, I never saw that one. I'll ask the kid later today, I wasn't really paying close attention though. Now that she's 12 we often let her do her own thing, we just stay in the same area together.

Yes, we did the boat floating one which was super cool. I believe it was in Japan.

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom

We didn't get to AK until 9:52 am! It's already 80 degrees and the humidity is at 90%. We arrive to the park later than I would have liked, but it wasn't a busy day. The lines for bag check were very short and there was no line at the turnstiles at all. UT had today's crowds listed as moderate (yellow) and EasyWDW had it as a recommended park (green). Here are some happy faces arriving on the parking tram!

I wanted to head straight to Everest since we have a FP for the Safari that we can use up until 10:50am. But Brad wants to go to the Safari first, so we head that way. On the way we see the Wilderness Explorers station and stop to take the Wilderness Explorer's Oath and get a book for Kythe to use to collect WE badges. Kythe is a serious wildlife fanatic and she LOVED doing it! There was even a quick WE stop on the way to the Safari. She was able to tell the WE trooper right away that the skull she was displaying belonged to a Flamingo. The WE trooper was very impressed with Kythe's knowledge! They discussed flamingos and even though it was quick it was very informative. She earned two badges here and it only took a couple minutes. Most of the stops we did were very quick, super fun and all the kids participating seemed to be enjoying it very much. I absolutely love that they have added this program!

Also on our way to the Safari was the Photopass Photographer at the Tree of Life. We stopped for a family pic -

Once we got to the Safari the standby line was not visible from the front, but the FP line stretched ALLLL the way back to the stage where the performers play the drum show!!! We got in the line and boy was it moving fast though. I timed it and we were in the loading area within 5 minutes. That's was one fast moving line! I couldn't believe it!

When we got to the front of the queue, the CM made Kythe an Honorary Safari Guide and asked her to share her extensive animal knowledge with everyone. She was all too happy to oblige!

Now for the obligatory Safari animal pics.

The Safari seemed to go VERY fast, even Brad thought they were moving faster than usual. After the Safari we stopped at the WE station just outside it. Kythe met a representative who was actually from South Africa and learned a bit about her country. She earned two badges here as well.

Then we headed over to Everest, stopping on the way to jam the drums a bit. There was also a WE hidden item here at the drum area. She had to find a special instrument and figure out it's name. When she got the answer she went to the small kiosk shop there to get her badge.

Last edited:

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom continued

Yeti! Yeti! Yeti! This is our FAVORITE coaster in all of WDW! It's 11:26am now and the temp rose a bit to 82 degrees, still very humid. The queue is posted as 25 minutes, and we jump in. It actually only took 15 minutes to get to loading. I really enjoy the EE queue. So much to look at, even the ceiling is cool!

Here we are at the end, I'm showing my Yeti Love! Husband is using an action cam to take a video

And here's the full ride video -

Afterwards, we stop at the WE station to get the EE badge and another badge for completing a quick yeti symbol hunt activity. Meanwhile I get some more pics of the area.

Dinosaur is our destination now. Yes, they want me to pee my pants. I am TERRIFIED of the Dinosaur ride. I know it's silly, but that Carnivotaurus or whatever scares the be-jebus right out of me!

They're hungry though, so despite my protests they want to eat NOW and insist on going to Restaurantosaurus. I'm like "blechosaurus". What the heck people! You are messing with my perfect plans!!! Disney burgers are not in my perfect plan! They find a table in the trailer section (which was actually kind of cute and had an all dinosaur music jukebox) and I stood in a LONG line for the food. It did take a long time to order and receive the food. When we got it, it was still hot and Brad actually enjoyed his Angus Burger, Kythe loved her corn dog nuggets and the little green pail and shovel they came in and my grilled chicken sandwich was dry but not terrible. So, it wasn't that bad. I guess. ;)

We finish at about 1pm and walk to Dinosaur. I survived, just barely. And I didn't pee my pants this time! It's a miracle! I covered my eyes and tried not to scream so I didn't frighten the smaller children in the jeep with us -

I am ashamed of myself. Can you tell which one I am?

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom continued

We're heading back to Everest to use our FastPass! Yay! It's 1:24pm and it's starting to sprinkle! OH NOES! It will be OK. I just hope they don't shut down Everest before we get there. They don't! Here we are in the FP queue, you can see the raindrops behind us -

After we get off the ride, the second we get off in fact, a torrential downpour begins. Gushing water from the sky! AAAHHH!!! We decide to split up, Brad and Kythe don't care if they get drenched and want to go back to Dinoland and I want to find somewhere dry to wait out the storm. Within seconds I am drenched to the core. I purchase a poncho quickly and put it over my already drenched clothes. I take refuge in a toilet. Literally. It's 1:54pm. I figure I'll wait a few minutes and then see if the rain will stop so I can make it to a shop.

20 minutes later the rain stops and I've made my way to a covered kiosk that has a giant fan. I'm trying to dry out as best as I can in front of the fan. I get a call from Brad and Kythe, they are headed my way. I'm near the Outfitters. We browse the shops for a bit and try to kill time until our 3:30pm Lion King FastPass. More ominous clouds are moving in, so we head to Lion King anyway to get an earlier show.

We arrive just before a show is starting and are seated in the Giraffe section. The new theater is nice, almost exactly the same I think. The show is wonderful but seems quicker maybe? Maybe not. It's also weird at the end with the equipment being packed up seems not as smooth as what I remember in the old theater.

I got a bit of video of the reprise of Can you Feel the Love with the flying. I love that part -

After the show we decide to leave the park for the day, have a relaxing evening. Ride totals for today are on the low side - 2x Everest (1 w/ FP, 1 w/15 min standby), 1 Safari w/FP, 2x Dinosaur nearly walk on standby. We also saw Lion King.

Back at POP Brad and Kythe go to the arcade for a bit, then we take the car to Texas Roadhouse for a yummy dinner and stop at Target to pick up some things we need.

Up next....Magic Kingdom!! Finally!!!

Fun update. Too bad about the rain….we've experienced it many times since we now go in early June. :upsidedow

Looking forward to the MK! :yay:

I never did finish this trip report.

I'm glad it's still here so I can read it, though.

Three days after I got back home from this trip, I was downsized out of the job I'd had for 15 years. A couple months after that, my marriage of 14 years ended as well.

2015 was one of the hardest years of my entire life.

But I can honestly say my life is so much better now than I ever imagined it could be.

No matter what bad things come your way, just know that every storm runs out of rain eventually. As long as you're above ground, bad times will not last forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter