April 2018 Car Rental Watch

You make it easy to be that way.. Should I quote your other replies?

"Yeah, I am not seeing any codes."--sounds a bit obnoxious to say to someone who is trying to do you a favor, but whatever.
"So you have to actually book the reservation to see it."--So you didn't even try what I said, you just decided to complain.

We followed your instructions, they were just incomplete. I spent time on the last page that your instructions took us for a hidden link to bring up this magical information. The next step in the process is to fill in my info and Book Reservation. Not what I was willing to do.

Telling people something can be done but not telling them the whole story of how it can be done is going to illicit questions. If you are not prepared to answer them, don't bother posting unhelpful info.

We followed your instructions, they were just incomplete. I spent time on the last page that your instructions took us for a hidden link to bring up this magical information. The next step in the process is to fill in my info and Book Reservation. Not what I was willing to do.

Telling people something can be done but not telling them the whole story of how it can be done is going to illicit questions. If you are not prepared to answer them, don't bother posting unhelpful info.

No one else had the problem you did, you just couldn't figure it out. You don't need to do anything besides click the book it button to see the codes, but again, you couldn't be bothered.

Couldn't be bothered because I didn't want to reserve yet. All I was looking for was the codes. So obviously, there is another missing step.

So you have to actually book the reservation to see it.

No you don't have to actually book it. You do exactly what was described. Once you are on Priceline, you choose the car you want and then scroll down and open the "Rewards Points and Discounts". Copy those codes, go the actual car rental website and use those codes. If you get the same price on the car rental website, book it.

This advice applies to any time you want to book a rental car. Use Autoslash.com to price out your options. It will direct you to Priceline to book your car, then when you get to the price breakdown, you will open enough drop-down menus to expose the promo codes Priceline is using. Then check and see if you can beat the price by booking directly through the rental car company's site. If you get a better or same rate directly, you should always choose that over Priceline. That way you can use Hertz Gold, or National's Emerald, etc, etc and skip the lines and hopefully get an upgrade. The best part is, after you book, enter that booking information back into Autoslash, which will continue searching for better deals for you, emailing you whenever it finds one.

This was very helpful information. I didn't know anything about this. I was able to go to Autoslash and follow your instructions to find the codes used. I was also able to track a reservation for future discounts. Thanks :)

Best rate I previously found on a large SUV/minivan was $398 (all in) for a weekly rate for a premium SUV (Chevy Suburban) via dollar. Friday 4/13 through Thursday 4/19. Used a 10% code listed on mousesavers. I think the smaller SUV were in the $350 range.

Just found that Dollar has a President's Day flash sale that gives a little extra discount. Rebooked the same SUV for $373 all in. Just click on the specials tab on the front page and the location tab and it will prompt you with the President's Day sale. Other prices for that time frame, Economy through Standard $214-$221; Premium $245; Mid-size SUV $304; Standard SUV $331; Minivan $372

Save up to 20% on a Weekly or Weekend Car Rental! 2-DAYS ONLY! Valid for rentals starting February 21, 2018 through April 20, 2018. Enter CDP# 3060397 to redeem offer.

UPDATED
Just checked Costco travel and they have a standard SUV through Alamo for the same time period for $250! Think we'll be going that route for a lot less money!!! :banana:

Last edited:
Unfortunately I didn't find the President's Day Sale through Dollar helpful! Glad someone did.
My current rate through Dollar is :
AAA rate
March 2-10
Ecomomy
After fees $207

This advice applies to any time you want to book a rental car. Use Autoslash.com to price out your options. It will direct you to Priceline to book your car, then when you get to the price breakdown, you will open enough drop-down menus to expose the promo codes Priceline is using. Then check and see if you can beat the price by booking directly through the rental car company's site. If you get a better or same rate directly, you should always choose that over Priceline. That way you can use Hertz Gold, or National's Emerald, etc, etc and skip the lines and hopefully get an upgrade. The best part is, after you book, enter that booking information back into Autoslash, which will continue searching for better deals for you, emailing you whenever it finds one.

I have had no issue using Priceline via autoslash. Able to modify the coupon to use the best one vs whatever pre-populated one.

I have attempted to recreate the reservation just to check, it doesn’t always work. Believe priceline may offten have bulk rates in place at time.

Not to be the morality police, but don’t agree you should use the service, then ‘always’ book thru the rental car company. You can link your reservation to whatever agency. Autoslash provides the quote service & continues to monitor the reservation, i’m going to guess that they also get some sort of commission on the priceline reservations. IMO Supporting them will help to keep this benefit going.

I'm feeling good about my Hotwire rate. April 5-11, compact. $115.69! I'll be picking my car up from Thrifty, which is in the terminal.

Any comments as to what I'll find as a Compact on the Thrifty line?

Thanks! I had never heard of Autoslash.com. I was able to get a full-size car for twelve days, $342, at Thrifty in the terminal. I'm glad I booked it because the price has gone up a little.

I am seeing $7/day for economy on my dates on Hotwire. Should have waited, but I booked a no refundable Hotwire rate already. I was happy with what I booked, but rates now are great!

Hey guys---I finally got my price to drop a bit at Alamo by using American Express code: 7016136 I'm assuming that you must use an AMEX card to pay for your reservation. Hope this helps somebody! :cool1:

(I did use the Autoslash site)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter