April 2018 Discount Watch

I just switched our hotel for Universal and saved enough money for us to switch from 9 nights at POP, to 9 nights POR or POFQ if they have a good enough discount. So fingers crossed.

The people who receive a discount code in the mail or email are very lucky and are happy for them. I have been going to WDW for the past ten years, once sometimes twice a year and have never receive a discount code, but there is always hope!

We're early May, but I'm in the same boat as you guys. We're looking for a RO discount for CBR (got in on the gift card deal and from what I've heard we can add discounts to it once they come out). I've seen a discount for Disney Visa holders which has me super excited. I know I probably won't get the same discount and I doubt it our room would be in that category, but the chance of 30% sounds super nice. Took me forever to find after I saw it posted on a facebook group page so I'm posting below.

Disney Visa (Gift of Magic) Room Offer
This offer covers the same dates and resorts as the Gift of Magic offer: 1/1/18 – 4/14/18, but offers extra discounts!

Sample discounts off normal 2018 Disney World room rates:

• Up to 25% off most Value resort rooms (discounts vary from 10%-25%, depending on resort, room type and dates)
  • Up to 30% off most Moderate resort rooms (discounts vary from 10%-30%, depending on resort, room type and dates)
  • Up to 35% off most Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resort rooms (discounts vary from 10%-35%, depending on resort, room type and dates)
This is a room-only offer but it can also be booked as a package by adding tickets, which would make it subject to package rules.

Offer excludes Villas at Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, Bungalows at Polynesian Bungalows & Villas, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, Little Mermaid (i.e. Standard) rooms at Art of Animation Resort, Campsites and 3-bedroom villas. As with all Disney promotional discounts, some resorts, room types and date combinations will not be available. It’s important to be flexible if you want to book a discounted room.

You must make an immediate initial deposit with a Disney Visa card to book this offer.

Book by 1/2/18.

Last edited:
Deals still available!

Okay - I tried again today to see if there were any better deals than our POR stay for 4/4 to 4/16. I was able to get the Gift of Magic with Disney Visa offer for Caribbean Beach for $1000 less than at POR!!! I love POR, but seriously considering jumping to CB. I know it is under construction and buses are not the fastest, but trying to talk myself into it.

Anyone have positive experiences at Caribbean Beach?

Deals still available!

Okay - I tried again today to see if there were any better deals than our POR stay for 4/4 to 4/16. I was able to get the Gift of Magic with Disney Visa offer for Caribbean Beach for $1000 less than at POR!!! I love POR, but seriously considering jumping to CB. I know it is under construction and buses are not the fastest, but trying to talk myself into it.

Anyone have positive experiences at Caribbean Beach?
While there are some bad reviews I've been hearing quite a lot of good things so I'm not at all concerned about staying there. Check out the CBR thread under the resort board. There's quite a few recent reviews along with a bunch of info on the first page.

While there are some bad reviews I've been hearing quite a lot of good things so I'm not at all concerned about staying there. Check out the CBR thread under the resort board. There's quite a few recent reviews along with a bunch of info on the first page.
Just curious, what was the percent off they were giving you for CBR? I haven't been able to find anything with the percent breakdown for each resort.

It calculates to just over 25% off . The Visa discount was a few hundred dollars cheaper than the outright discount online - had to call to add the visa discount.

Thanks. For some reason why I tried to check both on the Disney site and from chase I couldn't find the offer. I knew it was out there, but had no idea what the percent for each resort was.

I got a pin in the mail today. It seems to be the same offer as the Gift of magic but it extends to 6/9. Our dates fell within the Gift of magic promo but for those who just missed it by a few days keep checking your mailbox fingers crossed for you.
I got this one too but they’ve jacked the price on the cabins enough to pretty much negate any benefit. Maybe I’ll wait and see if they can do better.

So based on the Fun Filled Escape pricing for POR, I decided to try using a travel agent to see if I could beat that deal since it would only mean a 10% discount and I figured why not give it a try? Anyway, I ended up getting my room for even less than that rate by snagging a standard room at POR (couldn't bring myself to splurge on the king for 9 days) at under $200 a night including taxes. That coupled with my other hotel change for Universal ended up bringing us $200CAD or almost $300USD under our original budget even after upgrading from a Value to a Mod. :)

Happy day! Received a pin and was able to save $150 on my existing CS (4/15-4/21) reservation ....not a huge amount, but package now includes extra day of park hopper tickets. (I had booked 6 nights but only 5 days of tickets.). Will be keeping an eye out for other discounts as Winter approaches! Hopefully others received codes today too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!