*April 2019 - Check in*

StarlitNight05

DIS Veteran
DLR April Dates of Interest
Eggstravaganza (egg hunt)
: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...the-return-of-eggstravaganza-april-5-21-2019/
April 5-21

Spring Dapper Days
: http://dapperday.com/spring-2019-disneyland-ca
Expo at DLH- April 13 & 14
Park Outing- April 14

Food & Wine Festival: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-california-adventure/food-and-wine-festival/
Runs through April 23rd

Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/after-dark-heroes-assemble/
April 30th & May 1

April 2019 Check In

AJA55 – 3/30 – 4/6 (GCH)
t3hWheez - 3/31 - 4/2 (GCH)
Mintycake - 3/30 - ? (Fairfield Inn)
Meriweather – 3/31 – 4/5 (VGC)
caflygrl - 3/31 - 4/6 (Homewood Suites)
briggscreek – 4/1 – 4/6 (Courtyard Theme Park Entrance)
WendyWhy- 4/2 - 4/4 (GCH)
rpiff- 4/2 - 4/5 (?)
hineshm - 4/2-4/7 (Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort)
wallawallakids - 4/2 - 4/7 (PPH)
MacMama0930 - 4/3 - 4/7 (DLH)
Hensandchickens - 4/3 - 4/8 (?)
fidoandminiadventures - 4/5 - 4/7 (?)
gsrieff - 4/5 - 4/9 (in Fountain Valley)
AmberK24 - 4/5 - 4/16 (?)
O'12ears - 4/6 - 4/7 (GCH)
Speedracer5 – 4/7 – 4/11 (BW Stovalls)
Malroy – 4/7 – 4/13 (FFI)
geekswearlpstk2 - 4/9 - 4/11 (HOJO)
Starlitnight05 – 4/10 – 4/14 (GCH)
cindyfan - 4/10 - 4/15 (PPH)
AngM0680 - 4/10 - 4/16 (DLH)
Kip Herner- 4/12 - 4/14 (Fairfield Inn)
kirstie101 - 4/13 - 4/16 (Hojo)
DisneyHusker - 4/13 - 4/17 (GCH)
Disney Dudette - 4/13 - 4/17 (DLH)
Gozjj - 4/13 - 4/17 (?)
Greg Lembrich – 4/13 – 4/19 (Anaheim Desert Inn)
Tasscrapper- 4/13 - 4/19 (?)
Summer2018 - 4/14 - 4/20 (DLH)
wareagle57 - 4/14 -4/22 (GCH and offsite split stay)
farmfresh - 4/17 - 4/20 (GCH)
graciedad - 4/17 – 4/23 (Homewood Suites)
Beck & the Beast - 4/17 - 4/23 (HOJO)
Shannon006 - 4/19-4/27 (DLH)
MikeRx - 4/19 - 4/22 (VGC)
Astylla - 4/20 - 4/24 (Fairfield Inn)
Runnergal - 4/21 - 4/25 (GCH)
j9isawesome - 4/23 - 4/26 (Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel)
kimmar067 - 4/24 - 4/26 (DLH)
corrie563 - 4/25 - 4/28 (Park Vue Inn)
caylene44 - 4/26 - 4/27 (?)
maryliz – 4/27 – 5/4 (BWPPI)
nikerbokers - 4/28 - 5/1 (DVC)
disneymouse16 - 4/28 - 5/2 (Fairfield Inn)
Jaina - 4/29 – 5/1 (Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites)
SkRiderMom - 4/29 - 5/4 (Tropicana)
sunshinedaydream - 4/30 - 5/5 (Courtyard Convention)
friedela - 4/30 - 5/7 (?)

I haven't seen a check in for April 2019 yet, so I figured I'd get it started. I'll update this first post with all of the other April folks.

We are going April 10-14 (for Spring Dapper Days) and staying at the GCH. This will be a very special trip for us -- it's been 8 years since I've gone with my Mom and Dad! Last time we went we were celebrating my college graduation, and it was the first time my DH (then boyfriend) had ever been to DLR. Since then we've been going pretty consistently as a couple, but it feels like forever since I've been with both my Mom and Dad.

I'm excited to hear about everyone else's plans and must-dos!

Last edited:
My daughter (8 years old) and I will be going to DLR April 13-19. Staying at the Anaheim Desert Inn and doing 5 days at the Disney parks, 1 at Magic Mountain, and 1 at Knott's Berry Farm. This will be my daughter's first trip to Disneyland/DCA, although she has been to WDW three times.

Well count us in. March 30 - April 6th. Staying at the GCH. 5 day hopper with one down day to explore the hotels and DTD. Going for Momster's birthday and the Food and Wine fest.

I was getting ready to start one! We'll be there April 7 - 13th. Only doing 3 park days. It's my soon-to-be-adopted daughter's 10th bday, and we're hoping to have the adoption finalized by the time we go, so we can celebrate her bday and the adoption!

Three Disney days, one day at Knotts and the rest I haven't quite figured out yet, LOL! I gotta sit down and plan out our days.

Staying at the Castle Inn and Suites.

Right now my biggest decision is where to eat to celebrate the girl's birthday!! We'll spend her actual birthday in the parks and I want to get her a special t-shirt. My FIL and both of my parents will be with us as well. Any thoughts on where for a special bday dinner??

Welcome to everyone so far!
Right now my biggest decision is where to eat to celebrate the girl's birthday!! We'll spend her actual birthday in the parks and I want to get her a special t-shirt. My FIL and both of my parents will be with us as well. Any thoughts on where for a special bday dinner??

Blue Bayou is always my favorite for a special celebration. It's pricey, but I love the ambiance (inside Pirates!) and the food is good. If you decide on Blue Bayou, arrive a bit early and ask for a waterside table. It's worth the wait, although usually it's not too much longer of a wait in general.

I also really like Cafe Orleans and sitting outside so you can take it all in. Their food is quite good too.

Another option could be a character meal (dinner) at Goofy's Kitchen (DLH).

Last edited:

We are staying at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort Convention Center April 17-23. This is our first trip to Disneyland. We are WDW vets, so can’t wait to see the original park.

DH and I are at the Best Western Park Place Inn April 27-May 4th. Doing 5 park days, and our beloved Toronto Blue Jays are in town so will be catching a baseball game that week as well ! DH has never been to DL, I went once in 2017 with my sisters. We are huge WDW fans ... I celebrated my 40th trip to WDW this past August. We are from London Ontario so DL is a long way to go for us !

My husband, sister and I will be at Disneyland from 4/7 through 4/11. We're staying at BW Stovalls.

My family of 7 is going April 29-May 1 and staying at the Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites. :) We will drive out from AZ Sunday, hit the parks (1 park per day Monday through Wednesday, and then DH will stay in town for a chiropractic conference while the kids and I drive home Thursday!

My family of 7 is going April 29-May 1 and staying at the Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites. :) We will drive out from AZ Sunday, hit the parks (1 park per day Monday through Wednesday, and then DH will stay in town for a chiropractic conference while the kids and I drive home Thursday!
That sounds fun -- I added you to the list! I've read your trip reports and really enjoyed them. Any plans for cute family shirts again? :-)

That sounds fun -- I added you to the list! I've read your trip reports and really enjoyed them. Any plans for cute family shirts again? :-)
Thanks! I'm trying... My oldest is 12, so I figured my matchy-matchy family days might be limited after this. :)

I was getting ready to start one! We'll be there April 7 - 13th. Only doing 3 park days. It's my soon-to-be-adopted daughter's 10th bday, and we're hoping to have the adoption finalized by the time we go, so we can celebrate her bday and the adoption!.. Any thoughts on where for a special bday dinner??
How special! Be sure to get "I'm Celebrating!" buttons for everyone and wear them proudly! And take lots of photos to commemorate this trip.:) As for a birthday dinner, what does the birthday girl like to eat? Sit down or CS? Character meal on regular meal? You can order a custom Disney cake to be delivered to any TS location. There is a custom cake thread on this forum -- the most recent posts have photos. I've seen some of the cakes recently -- cute! The Dine Line has more information (714-781-DINE). For TS, BB is pricey, but fun -- how often do you get to celebrate your birthday inside POTC? You can look at the menu on the DLR website to see if it would be a good fit. Cafe Orleans has good people watching from the patio. Carnation Cafe is always fun, too. For CS, Plaza Inn has great fried chicken. Flo's has a very fun view of RSR. Does she have a favorite character that she really wants to meet? Maybe that can be done at a character meal.

Anyone have any plans for the Food and wine? Part of the schedule just came out.

How special! Be sure to get "I'm Celebrating!" buttons for everyone and wear them proudly! And take lots of photos to commemorate this trip.:) As for a birthday dinner, what does the birthday girl like to eat? Sit down or CS? Character meal on regular meal? You can order a custom Disney cake to be delivered to any TS location. There is a custom cake thread on this forum -- the most recent posts have photos. I've seen some of the cakes recently -- cute! The Dine Line has more information (714-781-DINE). For TS, BB is pricey, but fun -- how often do you get to celebrate your birthday inside POTC? You can look at the menu on the DLR website to see if it would be a good fit. Cafe Orleans has good people watching from the patio. Carnation Cafe is always fun, too. For CS, Plaza Inn has great fried chicken. Flo's has a very fun view of RSR. Does she have a favorite character that she really wants to meet? Maybe that can be done at a character meal.

I met with our lawyer on Friday and it is looking unlikely that we will have the adoption finalized by the time we go - but we're going to celebrate it anyway.

We've been talking a lot about where to eat - thank you for the cake tip! I had been contemplating that. Right now I'm thinking we will definitely do a Plaza Inn Character Breakfast (she is pumped for mickey waffles!), Lamplight Lounge and maybe Flo's. BB might be a bit too fancy for her and she's not too enamored with POTC. Counting down the days till I can make our dining reservations!!!!

We will be in Disneyland April 2-7th at the Paradise Pier Hotel. It is our first time staying at that hotel. Our whole family is excited to be back in DL in 2019!! We have 5 day PH this trip and hope to hit the park everyday and maybe swim a bit if it is warm enough.

Anyone have any plans for the Food and wine? Part of the schedule just came out.
I don't have plans for any of the events, but I am very excited to see the menus when they come out! I'm thinking of getting the Sip & Savor pass. It sounds like anyone can buy them this year, not just APs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!