*April 2019 - Check in*

Oh and I remember you were asking about the Buzz anamatronic on Astroblasters on a thread a while ago...he was there today when we rode!
Woohoo! Thanks for thinking of me! Good news, indeed, since I'm guessing we'll take quite a few rides on that one with the little one(s) while taller/braver people ride Space Mountain and Star Tours!

We are home and we had an AMAZING TRIP!!

Highlights:
  • The girl's birthday lunch at Carthay Circle - wow that place is so relaxing! The food was great, we had a cake done up and it was AMAZING - beautiful and delicious.
  • She loved Star Tours (which surprised me) and we rode it like 6 times.
  • Really delicious dinner at Carnation Cafe (with a reservation that I had literally made THAT MORNING - mom wanted to do a sit down so I looked around to find an open spot)
  • MaxPass is AMAZING - absolutely worth the $$$

Lowlights:
  • The girl got heat sick on our third day (we weren't doing a good enough job of keeping her shaded and hydrated) and she almost puked. Thankfully we could get her rushed back to the hotel and she laid down for about 20 minutes and woke up good as new. rested for another hour or so and then got her in less clothes (shorts instead of pants!) and then made sure she had a hat on and her hair up for the rest of the trip)
  • She was TERRIFIED of Pirates and cried on Haunted Mansion (also stating it was too scary)
  • I would not do the Hungry Bear Fantasmic Dining package again. All of our people wanted to order off the regular menu, and that confused the hell out of the CMs. Plus, totally not worth it price wise. The seats were great, but next time I'd just one of the other dining packages.

WooHoo! Enjoy the nice weather and all the Dapper scenery! If you feel like it, stroll downstairs in the DLH to see the Dapper Days Expo (tickets are $12.50, but you don't have to go in -- you'll be able to see all the people wandering about in their pretty clothes and you'll hear the band from outside).
We saw a lot of them wandering all over our hotel on Sunday, many more women than men. They were beautiful.

We leave Sunday to head down. It feels like FOREVER since we were there.

I arrive Saturday morning and I know how you feel ! I'll be there until Wednesday afternoon , how long are you staying ? I just got new passes so I'm excited :)

• The girl's birthday lunch at Carthay Circle - wow that place is so relaxing! The food was great, we had a cake done up and it was AMAZING - beautiful and delicious.
  • She loved Star Tours (which surprised me) and we rode it like 6 times.
  • Really delicious dinner at Carnation Cafe (with a reservation that I had literally made THAT MORNING - mom wanted to do a sit down so I looked around to find an open spot)
  • MaxPass is AMAZING - absolutely worth the $$
...good to know...

Okay, now we can leave! Daughter and I got nails done tonight, with very wonky looking ears on them.....
9ed214fb-c419-48e2-855b-35e22f976ac5-jpeg.392793

....very cute! I got mine done for when I went to WDW in January...

enhance

....I like to call it "Minnie & Pixie Dust"!

kimmar, if I had Tinkerbell's wand you bet I would pass some on to you! Here is one we got.

Sorry, I have never posted a picture before.

Attachments

• IMG_3237.JPG
    IMG_3237.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 2
...good to know...

I think the best part for us was not having to run around getting FPs. We basically didn't wait in lines, especially in DL. DCA was a bit harder (RSR, Guardians and Midway Mania all ran out of FP in early-mid afternoon) but in DL we could get a FP for just about any ride that would be active within half an hour or less. I suppose I should also say we didn't ride Splash, Space or BTMRR, those were the only ones I saw with later FP return times.

I think the best part for us was not having to run around getting FPs. We basically didn't wait in lines, especially in DL. DCA was a bit harder (RSR, Guardians and Midway Mania all ran out of FP in early-mid afternoon) but in DL we could get a FP for just about any ride that would be active within half an hour or less. I suppose I should also say we didn't ride Splash, Space or BTMRR, those were the only ones I saw with later FP return times.
So far, we have not waited more than 10 minutes for any rides except for Peter Pan which was at least 35 minutes. We are hoping to get it after rope drop next time. We did everything else we wanted without fast passes. Max Pass was unnecessary, so I am glad I didn’t get it.

So far, we have not waited more than 10 minutes for any rides except for Peter Pan which was at least 35 minutes. We are hoping to get it after rope drop next time. We did everything else we wanted without fast passes. Max Pass was unnecessary, so I am glad I didn’t get it.

I've been watching the DL app and have been shocked at the low wait times. Im.hoping Easter Sunday is decent still and we arrive Saturday morning which will be more of a relaxing day.

Fingers crossed I can have some of this luck lol.

I will say that Easter being so late and not falling in the midst of most spring break may be contributing in a good way to low crowds. Coachella was last weekend and this one which could be luring some locals away too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter