***April 2019***

Has anyone here ever been to WDW over Easter or during Easter week? I'm expecting high crowds but also feeling good about the weather (knock on wood...). We've only ever been during the heat/humidity/rains of summer! But, still no true issue for me. Wondering how mid April is in Orlando.

I booked dining, but that will change once we have fastpasses. Have 5 park days, trip is 8 days. Our hotel has restaurants in it that don't require booking, so will also be using that or the quick service counters, or get something for breakfasts at the store.
Dining:
Day 1 MK BOG-lunch
Day 2 Epcot Via Napoli-lunch
Day 3 Non park day golfing, Uber to something in Orlando or a hotel hang out day. Dis Springs-Raglan Road-dinner
Day 4 Park hop AK morning, MK evening, on way to park in evening Grand Floridian Café-dinner
Day 5 Park hop but no dining plans
Day 6 Park hop but no dining plans
Day 7 Nonpark day, golfing, hotel hang out. Dis Springs-Boat House-dinner
Day 8 Flight-airport

We've booked April 19-28 at the Beach Club, and one night on the 18th at AKL. ADRs on Saturday!
Fabulous! I'm so tempted to do a night at AKL, on my bucket list. We resort hopped twice before and it is fun to see different places!

We have Easter as one of our April days. But, we aren't spending it in the parks. We thought we'd hang out and our resort may possibly have an egg hunt and an Easter brunch. Or should we use one of our 5 park hopper days in the park on Easter? Any gain or loss in experience for Easter day in the parks? I saw there is a Bunny and Mrs Easter Bunny in MK and maybe a parade, but this won't appeal to my kids anyway, ages 10/12. What is the egg hunt all about in Epcot and is it worthwhile or insanely crowded? Are these chocolate eggs? Decorative?

Has nobody here been during Easter before? Well, I guess it's a quiet group because April is somewhat far away. Nothing to plan with ADRs done, and hotel booked. I already made a dining change, taking Raglan Road off the ADR. Not much left but buying park hoppers late January and fastpasses booked in Feb. I'll look at what we may do on the non-park days when we are a month out, but keeping it simple and sticking to the WDW area like the minigolf, walk around Disney Springs, or possibly go into Orlando. The Sealife aquarium looks interesting, may be looking into that. This should be a relatively easy straightforward vacation.

My dining opened up for my trip and of course of all the weeks my Birthday week there is no Highway in the Sky Dine Around . Kind of built all my plans around this and now I'm just so disappointed.

Has nobody here been during Easter before? Well, I guess it's a quiet group because April is somewhat far away. Nothing to plan with ADRs done, and hotel booked. I already made a dining change, taking Raglan Road off the ADR. Not much left but buying park hoppers late January and fastpasses booked in Feb. I'll look at what we may do on the non-park days when we are a month out, but keeping it simple and sticking to the WDW area like the minigolf, walk around Disney Springs, or possibly go into Orlando. The Sealife aquarium looks interesting, may be looking into that. This should be a relatively easy straightforward vacation.

I’ve never been during Easter but we did go during our April school vacation (MA) this year and it wasn’t bad but it also wasn’t around Easter. I have heard it’s very busy around Easter which makes me nervous as the week leading up to Easter next year is our April vacation and we’re going again. I’ll just make I book my fast passes and be at the parks early. Got our hotel booked. I’m gonna order our military tickets next month and start buying Disney gift cards at Target. All we can do is plan and pray for the best.

My dining opened up for my trip and of course of all the weeks my Birthday week there is no Highway in the Sky Dine Around . Kind of built all my plans around this and now I'm just so disappointed.
I haven’t heard of this dining, but sorry it didn’t work out, especially if that was a big plan.
I’ve never been during Easter but we did go during our April school vacation (MA) this year and it wasn’t bad but it also wasn’t around Easter. I have heard it’s very busy around Easter
Yes, I’ve looked at the crowd calendar but that’s ok. Im anticipating more crowds but with the park hopper and fast pass hoping to split the day up into morning park, take a break, go back later.

I haven’t heard of this dining, but sorry it didn’t work out, especially if that was a big plan.

Yes, I’ve looked at the crowd calendar but that’s ok. Im anticipating more crowds but with the park hopper and fast pass hoping to split the day up into morning park, take a break, go back later.

Thanks it's the progressive dining plan around the restaurants on the monorail. Trying to see if I can create my own just so disappointed though.

Thanks it's the progressive dining plan around the restaurants on the monorail. Trying to see if I can create my own just so disappointed though.
It sounds really cool, I've never heard of it. I do not have a good dining plan, my main place I wanted to get into was Be Our Guest. That wasn't too hard! I had to make a call over to the Trex café in Disney Springs because my son mentioned he really wanted to go there and no reservation offerings showed up on My Disney Experience. I ended up with a reservation by calling. Unfortunately, I also then had to cancel my Raglan Road reservation, as that is the one of two nights planned to go to Disney Springs, so Trex it is on one as the other is Boathouse. Boathouse is one I have always had on my reservations in previous visits then end up cancelling, so I figure I will go for it this time. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. I'm tossing the idea around to change it out for Raglan Road.

It sounds really cool, I've never heard of it. I do not have a good dining plan, my main place I wanted to get into was Be Our Guest. That wasn't too hard! I had to make a call over to the Trex café in Disney Springs because my son mentioned he really wanted to go there and no reservation offerings showed up on My Disney Experience. I ended up with a reservation by calling. Unfortunately, I also then had to cancel my Raglan Road reservation, as that is the one of two nights planned to go to Disney Springs, so Trex it is on one as the other is Boathouse. Boathouse is one I have always had on my reservations in previous visits then end up cancelling, so I figure I will go for it this time. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. I'm tossing the idea around to change it out for Raglan Road.

We went to the boathouse for the first time during our recent trip and it was really good. We are planning on going again in April. We went during the day and ate (and drank) our on the dock part, no wait and the view is beautiful. Food and drinks were delicious. Such a neat place. Inside they have a table that’s in a boat. I liked it better than Raglan Road. Although I do miss the bread pudding at RR, so delish.

We went to the boathouse for the first time during our recent trip and it was really good. We are planning on going again in April. We went during the day and ate (and drank) our on the dock part, no wait and the view is beautiful. Food and drinks were delicious. Such a neat place. Inside they have a table that’s in a boat. I liked it better than Raglan Road. Although I do miss the bread pudding at RR, so delish.

Was Debating on Flying fish Vs. Boathouse for my upcoming trip. I've never been to either. I love fish and seafood so I would do both but my boyfriend is a steak man.

Was Debating on Flying fish Vs. Boathouse for my upcoming trip. I've never been to either. I love fish and seafood so I would do both but my boyfriend is a steak man.
I hadn't heard of the Flying Fish. I haven't been to Disney Springs for some time I think 2015, and so don't remember some of the names unless this is a newer restaurant. I want to at least go to one or two restaurants I've never been to on this next trip.

We were there for Easter in 2017. My sister and her family flew in from Alaska and we flew in from MA for 11 Days. We stayed off property. Because we planned ahead using Touring Plans, the crowds were not a factor at all. We avoided the parks on Saturday and on Easter. We are planning to be there again this year fro Easter from April 17 - May 01, again staying off property. It will only be the second time off property, but we love having a private pool to hang out in. So Excited! We will again avoid the parks on Easter Sunday and on Saturdays, and are again using Touring Plans for all of our planning info.

I hadn't heard of the Flying Fish. I haven't been to Disney Springs for some time I think 2015, and so don't remember some of the names unless this is a newer restaurant. I want to at least go to one or two restaurants I've never been to on this next trip.

It's at disney's boardwalk resort and supposed to be really good though I think boathouse has the better atmophere not sure which has the better food lol

Has anyone here ever been to WDW over Easter or during Easter week? I'm expecting high crowds but also feeling good about the weather (knock on wood...). We've only ever been during the heat/humidity/rains of summer! But, still no true issue for me. Wondering how mid April is in Orlando.

I booked dining, but that will change once we have fastpasses. Have 5 park days, trip is 8 days. Our hotel has restaurants in it that don't require booking, so will also be using that or the quick service counters, or get something for breakfasts at the store.
Dining:
Day 1 MK BOG-lunch
Day 2 Epcot Via Napoli-lunch
Day 3 Non park day golfing, Uber to something in Orlando or a hotel hang out day. Dis Springs-Raglan Road-dinner
Day 4 Park hop AK morning, MK evening, on way to park in evening Grand Floridian Café-dinner
Day 5 Park hop but no dining plans
Day 6 Park hop but no dining plans
Day 7 Nonpark day, golfing, hotel hang out. Dis Springs-Boat House-dinner
Day 8 Flight-airport

We have been during Easter week 1 time but it was 12 years ago. I remember the crowds definitely grew as the week went on. I also remember going to the gift shop at OKW to buy DS and DW sweatshirts because the weather took a turn for the way cooler on our last day.

We were there for Easter in 2017. My sister and her family flew in from Alaska and we flew in from MA for 11 Days. We stayed off property. Because we planned ahead using Touring Plans, the crowds were not a factor at all. We avoided the parks on Saturday and on Easter. We are planning to be there again this year fro Easter from April 17 - May 01, again staying off property. It will only be the second time off property, but we love having a private pool to hang out in. So Excited! We will again avoid the parks on Easter Sunday and on Saturdays, and are again using Touring Plans for all of our planning info.

I use touring plans and the week after Easter looks way better than the week before for crowds. The week leading up to Easter is school vaca week in MA, wish it was the week after. I’m praying the levels go down but not holding my breath for it.

I am interested in the weather difference between April and later months particularly summer months. I've been in June, July, August in the past. It's so hard to really predict the crowds. We have spring break for our public school district the week leading up to Easter, a friend has theirs two weeks before. I'm sure colleges are varying, some have spring break in March. March seems to be what I've usually seen for colleges, with their end of semester usually quite often early May with final exam schedules.

I was booked for May but they released the AP Spring discount yesterday so I changed my dates and am now booked April 7-13, 2019 for my 2nd solo trip and 1st F&G. I'm so excited we usually only go in the fall so I'm happy to try something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter