April 2020 Car Rental

minster22

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
I did not see a thread for April 2020 so here goes... Just booked Alamo for $402. April 26 to May 7 , compact. I used AD6809JDH ($20 off) and WDW Passholder 860292 and an a Alamo Insider. This is $100 less than it was yesterday and way less than it has been for months so maybe we are starting to see the downward trend for spring rentals. I said I would not book a car til it came under $500 (YIKES) and are hoping to get under $300. Also these dates are after the bulk of school vacations so the rest pf April may not be so kind. Good Luck everyone !

Ugh, right now one week is more than what I’m paying for two weeks at the end of this month. Hopefully trend follows, lowest prices seem to be 3 weeks out.

I keep looking and haven't seen the prices dropping for our week yet. Have a car rented through Alamo, but hoping it will drop.

I have a reservation from November for Budget, full size, , Apr 01 to Apr 08, 2020 for $460.38. Likely to take ME or Uber at that rate.

We booked a large SUV back in October for $367 through Avis, they just happened to have a good rate. It was more than I paid for a minivan the previous April, but I'm so glad I booked it then, can't find anything under 500 something now!

I have no idea how I got it, but back on the 12/5 I got a minivan rental through Alamo for $308.49. I am picking up at the Dolphin for that reservation. I also have a reservation for pick up at MCO through Alamo for $345. My travel dates are 4/28-5/5. I haven't even come close to either of those prices since. I will end up cancelling the pick up rental more than likely.

I cannot believe these prices haven't come down further yet! I am so lucky I got what I got! Still hoping they come down though. I have never paid this much for a rental before

Rebooked a couple of days ago with Alamo. Used AU5592DJK (free upgrade) and 860292 (Passholder discount) and have a Premium car 4/26 to 5/7 for $368.83. I have been checking several times a day now and just hit this price randomly. Not a great price but one I can live with if I have to. Last year I paid $225.18 for an intermediate with one less day on the rental.

Thanks. I had looked earlier today and no savings. Just checked now and saved another $25 off our 5 days.
Still not great, but getting better.

We booked a large SUV back in October for $367 through Avis, they just happened to have a good rate. It was more than I paid for a minivan the previous April, but I'm so glad I booked it then, can't find anything under 500 something now!
This is exactly where we're at, EXCEPT with the SWA fare sales I shifted our flights and we're arriving a few hours earlier...and now I can't get as good of a car rate, ugh!

Watching for April 26th. The prices are ridiculous and coupons nonexistent. Ugh. We drove down to WDW in January since it was a 3 week trip. I only rent from Alamo and Nationa, so my choices are limited. I do have some free days from National to use.

This is exactly where we're at, EXCEPT with the SWA fare sales I shifted our flights and we're arriving a few hours earlier...and now I can't get as good of a car rate, ugh!

We're flying in to Sanford, so that may make a difference! A friend of mine was just at MCO last week at it took them THREE HOURS to get their car. Their flight had been delayed so they finally settled in to their hotel room at 5:30 AM. This was Budget. They said it was the only place with a horrendous line and two people working. They said the others were empty. Crazy. We fly into MCO in December and I'll definitely be avoiding them! Already made a reservation with Enterprise...

We're flying in to Sanford, so that may make a difference! A friend of mine was just at MCO last week at it took them THREE HOURS to get their car. Their flight had been delayed so they finally settled in to their hotel room at 5:30 AM. This was Budget. They said it was the only place with a horrendous line and two people working. They said the others were empty. Crazy. We fly into MCO in December and I'll definitely be avoiding them! Already made a reservation with Enterprise...

Holy cannoli, 3 hours!!! We flew into MCO last Friday and rented through Dollar. I always sign up for whatever club the rental car companies have so I can skip the desk, which is what I did this time as well. Pick-up was not a problem, we breezed right through. We got in at around 10 am. I wonder if it fluctuates with day of the week and time of day, or maybe Budget was just caught off-guard with volume.

I'm generally not loyal to any rental company, I take whoever is lowest (within reason...no rent-a-wreck, LOL) I can use my company's corporate rate with Enterprise, which is a fixed rate nationwide. Sweet in expensive markets like for our Hawaii trip last summer, but I almost always can do way better than that fixed rate for Orlando...but for April it looks like I might not be able to beat it. Makes me a little nervous for how busy the parks will be!!!

Holy cannoli, 3 hours!!! We flew into MCO last Friday and rented through Dollar. I always sign up for whatever club the rental car companies have so I can skip the desk, which is what I did this time as well. Pick-up was not a problem, we breezed right through. We got in at around 10 am. I wonder if it fluctuates with day of the week and time of day, or maybe Budget was just caught off-guard with volume.

I'm generally not loyal to any rental company, I take whoever is lowest (within reason...no rent-a-wreck, LOL) I can use my company's corporate rate with Enterprise, which is a fixed rate nationwide. Sweet in expensive markets like for our Hawaii trip last summer, but I almost always can do way better than that fixed rate for Orlando...but for April it looks like I might not be able to beat it. Makes me a little nervous for how busy the parks will be!!!

Yeah, you think they should have seen that coming based on the number of reservations, clearly nobody would choose to walk up to that line! My friend said next time she's just walking to whichever counter is empty ;)

I'm not loyal, either, but I also get a discount with Enterprise, which has worked out so far for December, will keep an eye out for lower.

Just an FYI. COSTCO Last year I booked 3/28/19 - 4/5/19 Intermediate Car through Budget was $193.68 with taxes. Wasn't happy with Budget as our flight landed around 11PM and the line was long and the wait was about 90 minutes. COSTCO Right now have Alamo booked for April 3 -10th Intermediate $305.95. Hoping to get better rate and book on April 1st when we land. Right now just to save some money taking ME and coming back to the MCO on April 3rd and getting our rental car.

Experienced it with Budget as well last year. Wasn't three hours but it felt like it after 11PM flight. Won't do Budget again. Alamo's walk straight to your vehicle without counter was great on our trip this past December.

Ugh, the prices are just not dropping!! Does anyone have any coupon codes for Alamo that are valid? They all seem to expire 3/31

Ugh, the prices are just not dropping!! Does anyone have any coupon codes for Alamo that are valid? They all seem to expire 3/31

I know. I can’t find any coupons either. While I’m use to National being high, I can’t believe Alamo is even higher. We are thinking of renting from dolphin for only a few days for groceries and a visit to universal.

I'll be keeping watch on this too - my DS's robotic's team is competing in Palm Beach and we just found out that my DH and another team mentor that is traveling with the team will need to rent their own car. They're flying in/out of MCO. It's April 1- 6. The best price (outside of the sketchy rental places) is $254 for a standard pick-up truck through Hertz. I'll keep using autoslash and hoping that prices eventually drop or that they can get a car for better MPG.

Rebooked a couple of days ago with Alamo. Used AU5592DJK (free upgrade) and 860292 (Passholder discount) and have a Premium car 4/26 to 5/7 for $368.83. I have been checking several times a day now and just hit this price randomly. Not a great price but one I can live with if I have to. Last year I paid $225.18 for an intermediate with one less day on the rental.

this is the only coupon that seems to work for my reservatio. Prefer $$ off discount, but this helps for a short rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!