April 30th

Robin's Mom

Earning My Ears
I booked Beach Club Villas months ago hoping to get a discount code. (Worked two years ago with the WL and saved $600).

I was going to buy annual passes because we will be going back in August to celebrate the girl's birthday, but when the Magic Your Way tickets came out I ended up saving a few bucks on the tickets.

Now I feel that I am going to miss out on the real savings. Do y'all think I'll ever get a code?

It doesn't look like general codes will be coming out any time soon. Have you called just to see if there is a code attached to your profile? Are you a AAA member. I know you can get room only discounts if you are a AAA member. You can do this through CRO. Or, maybe you can upgrade one of your MYW tickets to an ap to get an ap rate. Just a thought. I hope you get lucky and have a code attached to your profile! :flower:

I upgraded one MYW ticket to an AP to take advantage of the AP discount and I applied for the DDE Card for additional savings. With the reduced rate on the rest of our MYW tickets, I'm coming out about the same as will a general public code. We always bought UPH so the MYW tickets are cheaper. Even if I wasn't about the same as last year, it's still better than no savings at all this time around :)

"reduced rate on the rest of MYW tickets" ? does the ap get you discounts on other tickets?

beth_cam said:
"reduced rate on the rest of MYW tickets" ? does the ap get you discounts on other tickets?

don't think so...I meant...reduced rates on MYW tickets versus the old UPH tickets...sorry about that. Meaning the MYW tickets are cheaper than the UPH we use to purchase.

thanks I was just checking wanted to be sure I wasnt missing somethin. We had opted not to do the AP's.

beth_cam said:
thanks I was just checking wanted to be sure I wasnt missing somethin. We had opted not to do the AP's.

I think the AP will get you a discount at DQ though. Not 100% sure about that or if the rules changed. I've been trying to find out about the water parks, but can't find any info.

EEyorelover22 said:
I think the AP will get you a discount at DQ though. Not 100% sure about that or if the rules changed. I've been trying to find out about the water parks, but can't find any info.

Yes, you get a discount to DQ - there's some info about that and the water park discounts at http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm You have to scroll way down the page. It's under the heading "AP Benefits As of January 2005"

TICKET BENEFITS
Passholders and their guests (up to 3 guests per visit) can get special savings of $4 off adult admission (ages 10 and up) and $3 off child admission (ages 3-9) at the following places:

-- Downtown Disney® Pleasure Island

-- DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park

-- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park

-- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

DebIreland said:
Yes, you get a discount to DQ - there's some info about that and the water park discounts at http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm You have to scroll way down the page. It's under the heading "AP Benefits As of January 2005"

TICKET BENEFITS
Passholders and their guests (up to 3 guests per visit) can get special savings of $4 off adult admission (ages 10 and up) and $3 off child admission (ages 3-9) at the following places:

-- Downtown Disney® Pleasure Island

-- DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park

-- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park

-- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

You Rock! Thanks!!

We got a good ticket deal last time, 2 days hopper +disney quest or pi. used the dq on the third day. While we weren't sorry we went, we said no way no how to actually paying to go. atleast at this point. when the kids are older I'm sure it'll be more enticing.

beth_cam said:
We got a good ticket deal last time, 2 days hopper +disney quest or pi. used the dq on the third day. While we weren't sorry we went, we said no way no how to actually paying to go. atleast at this point. when the kids are older I'm sure it'll be more enticing.

Hiya,
Just wondering what was it about DQ you didn't like? We're gonna give it a skip on our trip as imo the *last* thing we want (or need!!) is to have the boys spend hours in an arcade setting - indoors for hours. I'm guessing the theme parks are more than enough stimulation and entertainment. We have enough trouble here at home trying to limit the time they spend on playstation and I really worry that if they get as much as a sniff of Disney Quest their dark deep-lurking computer game *addiction* :) will come to the fore and we'll get a lot of "can we go back to Disney Quest now?" "can we go back to Disney Quest now" "can we go back to Disney Quest now?" lol!!! Am I right? Never having been there, I'm really only guessing at what kind of atmosphere exists there. Is it basically a huge arcade with tons of electronic gadgets? *shudder*
:teeth:

I called and there were no discounts in my name. I'll have the hubby call to see if any are in his name.

Since I have waited there were no AP discount rates for the time period we are going for Boardwalk, Beach or Yacht.

I'll keep trying to see if there are any cancellations and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the general public code. princess:

My kids were almost 3 and 4.5 years. Although there were things supposedly geared to very young children, they still couldnt do them and there wasnt much at that level. My kids hadnt really been exposed to computer games/nintendo/etc. They hadnt learned how make things happen. There were electronic drawings but even that they didnt get and I seem to remember some things being to tall as well (although might be confusing it with something else). we spent about 4 hrs in there including lunch. did a lot of wondering trying to find something to interest the kids. It is a lot of virtual reality wich they just didnt get or found downright spooky. Simply they were too young/inexperienced to have fun and too young for us to do our thing them do theirs. It seemed extremely expensive too - considering all else there is to do, why stay indoors. However if you get it with your ticket as we did, esp if you end up with a rainy day.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter