April 6th Wonder Cruise

welovepoohbear

Logging on from the Hundred Acre Wood ********* Pl
Anyone going to be on this cruise with us? This is our first cruise and we are excited to go.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Almost. We'll be checking in to the the Poly on April 6th, and the Wonder on the 10th. Our first cruise, also!

Yes, we'll be with you! This will be our second Wonder cruise and we are more excited this time since we know what awaits!

zbuddy (48), DH (50), DS (16)

zbuddy - It's great to hear another person on the Disboard is on this cruise. We have two DD's. 17 & 15 We are doing the land and sea. Staying at Port Orleans for four days prior.

DS will be delighted to hear that your DD's are going. We went in September and while it was nice being a tad bit uncrowded, the teen program did not have that many kids since school had already started. (we homeschool.) So he is hoping since we are going around spring break time that there will be lots more kids. Our DS loved it...we never saw him except to sleep! He was in his element for sure...sun, fun and food 24/7! Feel free to email me via my profile for any other questions or tips!

zbuddy

DS will be delighted to hear that your DD's are going. We went in September and while it was nice being a tad bit uncrowded, the teen program did not have that many kids since school had already started. (we homeschool.) So he is hoping since we are going around spring break time that there will be lots more kids. Our DS loved it...we never saw him except to sleep! He was in his element for sure...sun, fun and food 24/7! Feel free to email me via my profile for any other questions or tips!

zbuddy

Yep, my guy loved it. It's a nice place, but not so huge that all the kids could be in there at once. I think it's more of a "meeting and planning" place. Most meet there and then decide what to do (swim, eat, see a movie, eat, etc) and move on. Plus I think the teen activities originate there and that's where the kids meet before they do their own excursions, if you purchase the ones from Disney ( like Junkanoo Jam). They even give the teens their own Navigator (schedule of teen events.) The guys behind the "bar" seemed very nice and all the kids seemed to like the teen counselors. DS thought it was neat because at CG, adults are generally stopped at the door (but very politely). We'd just stop in once and a while and peek in to make sure all was well, and it was.

Only problem I had was that I feel the teen activities go on too late at night. I think midnight is a reasonable hour to end them. That's about the only friction I had with my teen...he wanted to stay till the "end" when in fact he'd never even be out until midnight at home. This time he knows ahead of time what the rules are. I told him if he disobeyed them, the next day he'd have to stay with us! OH, WHAT TORTURE FOR HIM!!

Some of the teen things get going early in the morning, which he skipped because he wanted to sleep in. He enjoyed the activities in the dancing area, although I think he watched more than anything. He's hoping for a bigger teen crowd. When we went, there were barely 100 teens on board and we never saw near that many in the CG areas. The counselors told him during breaks and summers, the teen count can reach 300 or more!

Mine did not want to go see the Disney Dreams or Hercules shows, but I MADE him and he loved it. Don't let your girls miss the shows...they will have plenty of time for themselves.

look forward to meeting you and others on the April 6 cruise.

zbuddy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter