April 8th, 2018 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal from Port Canaveral to San Diego

I know what you mean about an understanding wife. Here's a trick to save time in those situations. Since you have cruised before, you probably have a good idea of the ship. For example, close your eyes and do a walkthrough. Plan your shots and write them down in a little notebook. Not the exact shot but the idea. Scan Pinterest and pick up other ideas there. Maybe not specific framing devices but the concept. Heck, draw out what you want in the viewfinder. I've already started my list for April. This technique can save you a lot of time in the long run.

Got such good news/treatment from Delta Airlines to get to this cruise, I needed to share:

We'd booked to fly direct months ago from Seattle to Orlando overnight on the 7th arriving on the 8th...
And, although arriving the same day as boarding the cruise is a chance to take, we did since it was a direct flight early enough.

However, a week or two ago, Delta cancelled this direct flight and rebooked us on an itinerary that took us from Seattle to Atlanta overnight, then changing planes (55 minutes only!!) for the jont to Orlando the same morning of arrival.

I became worried that the time to change flights in Atlanta was too short, that we may make it but what about our luggage...
But after the bomb scare at MCO last Friday, I was reminded that you can't control the crazinous that can occur at an airport!

So, I called Delta today to express my fright that we could miss our cruise or our luggage could, and I would like to respectfully request that they waive the change fees so we could rebook to a more "safer" flight itinerary for our situation.

Not only did the agent waive change fees, he said while I was describing the situation, he'd already found a direct flight from Seattle to Orlando during the day of April 7th....
And he was able to book us on this flight at no additional charge!!
What!?! We'd booked the red-eye to save $$ and ended up on the day flight!
Very AWESOME customer service from DELTA!!

So,
Now we need to book a hotel the night before the cruise!
Where are you staying?? (Port Canaveral area)?

Marcy & Vijay

Got such good news/treatment from Delta Airlines to get to this cruise, I needed to share:

We'd booked to fly direct months ago from Seattle to Orlando overnight on the 7th arriving on the 8th...
And, although arriving the same day as boarding the cruise is a chance to take, we did since it was a direct flight early enough.

However, a week or two ago, Delta cancelled this direct flight and rebooked us on an itinerary that took us from Seattle to Atlanta overnight, then changing planes (55 minutes only!!) for the jont to Orlando the same morning of arrival.

I became worried that the time to change flights in Atlanta was too short, that we may make it but what about our luggage...
But after the bomb scare at MCO last Friday, I was reminded that you can't control the crazinous that can occur at an airport!

So, I called Delta today to express my fright that we could miss our cruise or our luggage could, and I would like to respectfully request that they waive the change fees so we could rebook to a more "safer" flight itinerary for our situation.

Not only did the agent waive change fees, he said while I was describing the situation, he'd already found a direct flight from Seattle to Orlando during the day of April 7th....

So,

Marcy & Vijay

Easiest place to stay is the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport - it's right there in the airport!

So,

Marcy & Vijay
We are on that flight as well. We chose that one from the start. So excited for the non stop from Seattle. We have done the red eye in the past to WDW and it was not enjoyable which is why we were happy with the daytime non stop.

There are a group of cruisers that are staying at the Marriott Lakeside. There is a room block including hotel and bus transport to PC the morning of the cruise.

We have stayed at the MCO Hyatt as well in the past, and super convenient to take DCL transport from there.

Diane

We are on that flight as well. We chose that one from the start. So excited for the non stop from Seattle. We have done the red eye in the past to WDW and it was not enjoyable which is why we were happy with the daytime non stop.

There are a group of cruisers that are staying at the Marriott Lakeside. There is a room block including hotel and bus transport to PC the morning of the cruise.

We have stayed at the MCO Hyatt as well in the past, and super convenient to take DCL transport from there.

Diane

Oh, a room block? The rack rate is $219, did you get a better rate? Can we get in on that without the bus part?

We did rent a car because we want to have a nice dinner somewhere and be able to hit a grocery store prior to boarding.
We also thought of staying at Port Canaveral to sleep in and not be on someone else's bus schedule.
However, I can see how convenient and easy this room block/bus package could be.

Guess we'll see you at the gate!

Marcy & Vijay

Oh, a room block? The rack rate is $219, did you get a better rate? Can we get in on that without the bus part?

We did rent a car because we want to have a nice dinner somewhere and be able to hit a grocery store prior to boarding.
We also thought of staying at Port Canaveral to sleep in and not be on someone else's bus schedule.
However, I can see how convenient and easy this room block/bus package could be.

Guess we'll see you at the gate!

Marcy & Vijay

We are actually staying at the Marriott on points, and then are paying for the group bus. There were a few rooms in the room block left I believe and the price was under $200 including breakfast. This information is found elsewhere.

We are actually staying at the Marriott on points, and then are paying for the group bus. There were a few rooms in the room block left I believe and the price was under $200 including breakfast. This information is found elsewhere.
Hmmm ... whatever could you mean by elsewhere? LOL.

I did hear there was one room left. Not sure how to get the two in touch with each other. I'm not in the block so I don't have any additional contact information.

We are staying on property for the one night so we can go to DAK for the day. We're flying in a full day early (Friday) so we can do a day there. That means two nights somewhere, but we haven't booked that yet.

Went through our 2018 vacation plans earlier today and found out I was short a couple of days vacation to do everything we wanted to do for 2018. I had planned to take the Monday after the cruise off, but now we fly back on Sunday and I'm back at work on Monday. At least we'll get another cruise in before the end of the year.

We got a room at Cocoa Beach with points. Yay, just another bit of $$ we can spend on the ship instead.

Also, we are PIF as will all of us by 12/8!:yay: We get to book excursions, etc, 105 days out.... Anyone else already done the math on that and know what day that is?

Doubt we'll have much trouble getting what we want for this cruise, however! :flower1:

We got a room at Cocoa Beach with points. Yay, just another bit of $$ we can spend on the ship instead.

Also, we are PIF as will all of us by 12/8!:yay: We get to book excursions, etc, 105 days out.... Anyone else already done the math on that and know what day that is?

Doubt we'll have much trouble getting what we want for this cruise, however! :flower1:
The 9th is when platinum and concierge book at 120 days so...24th?? Is that right?

Booked excursions today! :dogdance:
Did anyone else have trouble getting Palo Brunch reservations? Not able to find availability on any of the at sea days.
Not sure if I should check back before the the rest of the guests can book.
Also couldn't get martini tasting,:sad1: but I expect more opportunities for this will open up once aboard.

Good luck to everyone else!
Marcy

We are Gold and booked our excursions and activities as soon as the online window opened. We were able to get a Palo Brunch, but not until day 10. I know they will have availability once on board for Palo as they do not pre book everything. I am guessing they will have more alcohol tastings as well. I did not even see the Whiskey tasting offered. Looking forward to this cruise!!

We couldn't get a Pali brunch until day 10 also. Must be a lot of platinum level cruisers on board.

Looking forward to the cruise but, haven't had time to check the board until now. Hope to meet you Wa folks (used to live in Coupeville). Will have my 13yo twins on the trip. Any other young teens going to be on board? We've been on 2 Caribbean cruises and 2 member cruises (Alaska & Halifax). Figured we'd better take this long cruise while the kids can still be off school this long easily. Have never done FE before - Do we join it here? Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Looking forward to the cruise but, haven't had time to check the board until now. Hope to meet you Wa folks (used to live in Coupeville). Will have my 13yo twins on the trip. Any other young teens going to be on board? We've been on 2 Caribbean cruises and 2 member cruises (Alaska & Halifax). Figured we'd better take this long cruise while the kids can still be off school this long easily. Have never done FE before - Do we join it here? Thanks for any answers you can provide.
Welcome! You may want to search other social media sights for the faces of the fish extender. We aren’t allowed to mention it here. 2018 Panama Canal

JW

Couldn't get any Palo brunch, hoping for options on board but we're also a party of six so our options may be limited.

Anyone have experience with excursions opening up? My party had their heart set on Salsa and Salsa and it was already gone for Silver booking. The in-laws are on their first cruise so it seems like someone changing their mind (six someones) is our only option unless Disney adds another time or something...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter