April Check-In **Official**

Woo April! DH and I are doing a 5-day park hopper April 15 - 19 (and excited we will happen to be there for Dapper Day!). I've been to DL 6 times, but not since 2008, and he's only been once. We are so ridiculously excited, and crossing all kinds of fingers for Indy and HM to be open.
Staying at Best Western Stoveall's

I'll be there 3/30-4/2 at Motel 6 for a birthday trip for me!

I'll be there 3/30-4/2 at Motel 6 for a birthday trip for me!
I’m interested to hear how you like Motel 6. Im
Looking at getting a season pass so looking for cheap, close to the park but cheap hotels so I can do quick weekend trips.

Looking at getting a season pass so looking for cheap, close to the park but cheap hotels so I can do quick weekend trips.

We stayed there about 3 summers ago, our family of 3, and it was fine. I had an AP so we usually drove to Toy Story and took the bus, but some days DH wanted to sleep in so he would just walk to the park from the motel. Our room was directly across from the elevator with the pool behind it so it was a little noisy, but for the price we couldn't complain. I'll probably walk to the park in the morning and be lazy & take Lyft at night. I won't have a car this trip.

More good news! Grizzly River Run looks to be scheduled to reopen February 14 and I removed it for the refurbishments list.

Also, I believe I’ve added everyone to the original post. If I accidentally missed anyone, please let me know!

waves hi,
yes I have stayed at Motel 6 Man Gate multiple times over multiple years. However I have not booked it for my June 2020 trip as they are doing renovations in 2020. When I checked for my dates in October 2019, there was no availability. I didn't want to take a chance , so I booked Kings Inn Anaheim instead. Its around the same price point.

I just checked for my dates and now there is availability for my dates but this notice is now on their website
12/10/2019: The Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate is undergoing renovations and the pool will be closed through June 22, 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience.

As @theluckyrabbit said I'm a solo female traveler. I find it totally fine for my needs. I don't know what renovations and changes they are doing, so my review is from my last visit in June 2019.

The rooms are large, the bed is huge. I have no issues with the bed or towels. I find the staff very helpful and nice.

There is no food on site but they have vending machines and microwaves in the lobby area. There is also free coffee available from 6am to 10am.

The building is comprised of two blocks, connected by stairs and outside corridors on the upper levels. I usually try to get a room in the main block, above the lobby, as thats where the only elevator is located.

To and from the park I use ART shuttle bus. Motel 6 Maingate is beside other hotels and there is always a steady stream of walkers from the park to the Motel 6 Maingate area. However after 14 hours in the park, my feet and body just cant do the walk, lol.

On my checkout day, I usually walk to the park / Downtown Disney. It takes me about 20 minutes.

I am very aware of personal safety and I live in a big city, so seeing pan handlers, homeless etc in the area between Motel 6 and Disney is not shocking to me. I see much worse in my day to day life.

... To and from the park I use ART shuttle bus. Motel 6 Maingate is beside other hotels and there is always a steady stream of walkers from the park to the Motel 6 Maingate area. However after 14 hours in the park, my feet and body just cant do the walk, lol...
The Motel 6 and the neighboring hotel (The Clementine?) are on different ART routes, so just remember the numbers for both so that you can take whichever shuttle suits your schedule best.

The Motel 6 and the neighboring hotel (The Clementine?) are on different ART routes, so just remember the numbers for both so that you can take whichever shuttle suits your schedule best.

Yes thats what I did in June 2019 :) I would be at the shuttle transportation area at about 10.50pm and whichever bus turned up first I would get on. The walk from Clementine to Motel 6 is about 3 minutes, you just have to exit Clementine parking area and cross the road and then you are on Motel 6 property.

Also with ART, you can text the bus stop number and get the times of the next bus, so you never have to wait and wonder when is the next bus.

I"m getting myself soooooooo confused with this Kids Sale (we aren't SoCal residents).

I use Undercover Tourist for Tickets:

3 Day park Hopper Kids Sale, with MaxPass shows: $280.86
2 Day park Hopper (no sale), with MaxPass shows: $284.95

So a 3 Day is cheaper....right? We can't even go for 3 days (1 full day and 1 possible 1/2 day is the max), but does it make sense to buy the 3 Days for the kids? Hubby and I will buy 2 day hoppers with MP. I'm assuming the kids tickets will get them in for one early open, but what good does that do for us since they obviously can't go into the park by themselves!

What am I missing???

waves hi,
yes I have stayed at Motel 6 Man Gate multiple times over multiple years. However I have not booked it for my June 2020 trip as they are doing renovations in 2020. When I checked for my dates in October 2019, there was no availability. I didn't want to take a chance , so I booked Kings Inn Anaheim instead. Its around the same price point.

I just checked for my dates and now there is availability for my dates but this notice is now on their website
12/10/2019: The Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate is undergoing renovations and the pool will be closed through June 22, 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience.

As @theluckyrabbit said I'm a solo female traveler. I find it totally fine for my needs. I don't know what renovations and changes they are doing, so my review is from my last visit in June 2019.

The rooms are large, the bed is huge. I have no issues with the bed or towels. I find the staff very helpful and nice.

There is no food on site but they have vending machines and microwaves in the lobby area. There is also free coffee available from 6am to 10am.

The building is comprised of two blocks, connected by stairs and outside corridors on the upper levels. I usually try to get a room in the main block, above the lobby, as thats where the only elevator is located.

To and from the park I use ART shuttle bus. Motel 6 Maingate is beside other hotels and there is always a steady stream of walkers from the park to the Motel 6 Maingate area. However after 14 hours in the park, my feet and body just cant do the walk, lol.

On my checkout day, I usually walk to the park / Downtown Disney. It takes me about 20 minutes.

I am very aware of personal safety and I live in a big city, so seeing pan handlers, homeless etc in the area between Motel 6 and Disney is not shocking to me. I see much worse in my day to day life.
thanks for your reivew. I've walked/Stayed from/at the Clementine when it was a Marriott so for me that area is considered walkable but do like that it's on the ART line If I feel like I need a ride.

I"m getting myself soooooooo confused with this Kids Sale (we aren't SoCal residents).

I use Undercover Tourist for Tickets:

3 Day park Hopper Kids Sale, with MaxPass shows: $280.86
2 Day park Hopper (no sale), with MaxPass shows: $284.95

So a 3 Day is cheaper....right? We can't even go for 3 days (1 full day and 1 possible 1/2 day is the max), but does it make sense to buy the 3 Days for the kids? Hubby and I will buy 2 day hoppers with MP. I'm assuming the kids tickets will get them in for one early open, but what good does that do for us since they obviously can't go into the park by themselves!

What am I missing???
I didn't use Undercover Tourist, so I can't say from experience, but if that's what the price is, then it does look like the three-day ticket is a better deal. I don't think you're missing anything. I also think the kids would be eligible for magic morning, but unless they are teens, I agree it probably won't do you much good. At the end of the day, you're only saving $4 per ticket, but that's good for a bottle of water or a little snack, right?!

Yay, so glad we have a thread now -add us to the April list!

We will be at the Grand Californian, 4/16-21.

After our last trip to DL in 2017, the kids had so much fun and were already wanting to know when we could come back. I didn't know when or how it might fit into our plans in the next few years, so we wouldn't commit to anything specific. DD (13yo at the time) asked if we would at least promise to come back at least once before she graduated high school. That seemed forever away, and reasonable, so we agreed. Well, last October she decided that she wanted to graduate a year early (this May, instead of 2021), so to keep our promise we had to get a trip together! It ended up working out that we could go for Dapper Day, which is perfect because retro clothing is her passion.

Yay, so glad we have a thread now -add us to the April list!

We will be at the Grand Californian, 4/16-21.

After our last trip to DL in 2017, the kids had so much fun and were already wanting to know when we could come back. I didn't know when or how it might fit into our plans in the next few years, so we wouldn't commit to anything specific. DD (13yo at the time) asked if we would at least promise to come back at least once before she graduated high school. That seemed forever away, and reasonable, so we agreed. Well, last October she decided that she wanted to graduate a year early (this May, instead of 2021), so to keep our promise we had to get a trip together! It ended up working out that we could go for Dapper Day, which is perfect because retro clothing is her passion.
I can’t wait for dapper day!

Boarding group procedures for ROTR have been announced!

Official Disney announcement here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sistance-launching-jan-17-at-disneyland-park/

DIS discussion here, beginning on page 11: https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...-superthread-no-ride-spoilers-please.3784461/

The short version is that all individuals desiring to join a boarding group must scan into Disneyland Park (not DCA). Boarding groups will open at the published park opening time, even if guests are allowed to scan into DL early. No specific mention of MM/EMH, but it seems like boarding groups would still open at published park opening time even on a MM/EMH day. Once boarding groups open, you can seek to join a boarding group on the Disneyland app or at “select locations” within the park (no details on these yet). Joining a boarding group does not guarantee a ride, since as we’ve seen at WDW, the ride can and does go down frequently, meaning that boarding groups late in the day sometimes are not called.

Of course, we will have a LOT more details on how the boarding group system is working, how the ride is functioning, and ride strategy, to the extent any exists and is needed, before our April trips, but it’s still fun to think about!

Boarding group procedures for ROTR have been announced!

Official Disney announcement here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sistance-launching-jan-17-at-disneyland-park/

DIS discussion here, beginning on page 11: https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...-superthread-no-ride-spoilers-please.3784461/

The short version is that all individuals desiring to join a boarding group must scan into Disneyland Park (not DCA). Boarding groups will open at the published park opening time, even if guests are allowed to scan into DL early. No specific mention of MM/EMH, but it seems like boarding groups would still open at published park opening time even on a MM/EMH day. Once boarding groups open, you can seek to join a boarding group on the Disneyland app or at “select locations” within the park (no details on these yet). Joining a boarding group does not guarantee a ride, since as we’ve seen at WDW, the ride can and does go down frequently, meaning that boarding groups late in the day sometimes are not called.

Of course, we will have a LOT more details on how the boarding group system is working, how the ride is functioning, and ride strategy, to the extent any exists and is needed, before our April trips, but it’s still fun to think about!
Woo hoo!!!! I like the boarding group idea in theory. I hope we can secure this ride in April! At the very least, get green milk Bc we missed out on that on our last WDW trip and kids are bitter! (We tried blue).

Woo hoo!!!! I like the boarding group idea in theory. I hope we can secure this ride in April! At the very least, get green milk Bc we missed out on that on our last WDW trip and kids are bitter! (We tried blue).
How old are your kids? My five year old is jonsing for a blue milk, lol. I’ve promised him the Blue Bantha at Oga’s.

The boarding group system isn’t perfect, but I think it’s as darn close as Disney could possibly get. Our family will have two decent opportunities to join, and one maybe opportunity. We’re hoping to get on one of those.

How old are your kids? My five year old is jonsing for a blue milk, lol. I’ve promised him the Blue Bantha at Oga’s.

The boarding group system isn’t perfect, but I think it’s as darn close as Disney could possibly get. Our family will have two decent opportunities to join, and one maybe opportunity. We’re hoping to get on one of those.
7, daughter and 9, son. My daughter loved the blue one!

Reactions: EmJ
Wasn't sure if you wanted to update the refurb list for the dates on King Arthur carousel... looks as if it's slated to stay closed until May 21st so it looks as if this is a definite on the bad news list. I'm heartbroken about this..my DH doesn't even remember riding it. I loved spinning around and around looking at all my favorite dark rides and the castle. :( and the music and lights when you walk by.. maybe others feel as strongly as I do that's why I'm monitoring it so closely. :tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts