April/May 2019: Seven Kinds of Crazy

Thanks for the congrats on the new house! We are very excited, and have been enjoying it! (Though paying for it, is, of course it's own kind of excitement, haha. There is so much that goes into getting a house set up even when it doesn't need work!)

Back to the trip report! I'm feeling excited about Disney again as my daughter and I are talking about a quick one-day trip in November hopefully...

After the bathroom break, we headed into Adventureland! First up was a ride on the Jungle Cruise, which is always fun for all ages. Unless the line is particularly long. And for some reason, it was at 10 AM on a Tuesday... Okay, it was only 20 minutes, but it felt much longer for some reason, probably since we had to go upstairs and because our 2-year-old was throwing a bit of a fit. I think she loved the ride though.
haw06Qe.jpg

nhcryuC.jpg

vSuOjFB.jpg

iBDtEGX.jpg

7f8S3bp.jpg

After the Jungle Cruise we had a FP for Indiana Jones for the three oldest and Dad. They got a rider switch, and I took the littlest two through Tarzan's Treehouse, which they enjoyed. I hadn't been up there in quite a while, and took opportunity of the view and the cloudy skies to get some fun shots.
bsfZnbH.jpg

VNb9Doo.jpg

lPN8RQK.jpg

TsuKjP7.jpg

Hq62pnA.jpg

rvDSobi.jpg

CajaJ6M.jpg

xUTtsDO.jpg

They were still in Indy when we were done, so we decided it was a good opportunity to check out the Tropical Hideaway! It was very quiet there that early in the morning. (about 11 AM) I hadn't done enough research on what was good there (and hadn't even actually planned to go there) but I thought it was a good time to try a Dole Whip, and also decided on the pineapple lumpia. I didn't realize they don't have the vanilla swirled ones there (like I tried in Hawaii, yum!) but we settled with a traditional Whip. The older kids and dad showed up halfway through and everyone was impressed with both desserts! My poor DH (a chiropractor, and pretty anti-sugar) probably felt like every time he left me alone this trip, I used it to buy treats. He'd probably be right. But anything you split 4-6 ways isn't really that much sugar per treat. I loved being able to try so many different things with that method!
5NKaMab.jpg

jg832Du.jpg

7E2rgPE.jpg

Two older kids and I ran over to use our rider switch on IJ, but of course the ride had just gone down. :P I didn't get to ride it this trip, but that wasn't a big deal. It's not one of my very favorites, though I usually enjoy it. Instead, we all grabbed an almost-instant FP for The Haunted Mansion. We had to convince a few of the kids that we all needed to go together, even if they kept their eyes/ears closed the whole time. Actually, the lessened sleep was catching up to miss DD2, and she was kind of having a meltdown, so I ended up putting her in the toddler Tula with a pacifier, and putting a jacket/hand over her out-facing ear. I'm pretty sure she took a catnap during most of the line (short) and ride. I was nervous that they were going to make me turn her around in the Doom Buggy, but no one said anything, so I just took one for myself and she stayed asleep? the whole ride. She was either asleep or terrified, because she didn't move, and that's really unusual for her! She woke up as we were getting off, and we headed over to ride the train before our FP for IASW came up. We took that opportunity eat "lunch" (mostly lunchables, chips, and gogurts). (It was about 12:30)
dYHuZ4X.jpg

00f6a3a.jpg

None of the kids remembered riding it, since it was under refurbishment on our last family trip, so we rode it all the way around, and stayed on again through the newest section until Toontown, where we departed to use our IASW passes. We saw our friends from the day before again getting on the ride while we were in line. :) The little ones really loved IASW, and the older kids don't complain yet, at least not for the first ride. :) They are usually okay for an opportunity to be off their feet and be entertained. That hippopotamus is my favorite. :)
5hV3iE9.jpg

sUfMFdX.jpg

So, I have zero idea what we did between 1 pm and 2 pm. Not zero. I have these two pictures as clues:
i4EYSoU.jpg

Q2EYCj4.jpg

I don't think we did any rides. I know soon after that picture my husband took DS5 and DD2 back to the room for a rest/nap until the parade that evening. I literally have no idea what we did with that hour in between pictures though!

Okay, so I was following your thread and I just didn't get the alerts! 🤷‍♀️ I love reading your trip report and seeing how you handle it with so many kids! We have four kids and I'm excited/nervous for our next family trip, hopefully, in December! It looks like everyone is such good sports and that you all had such a wonderful time!

Congratulations on the house! I'm glad it all seems to be working out!

Okay, so I was following your thread and I just didn't get the alerts! 🤷‍♀️ I love reading your trip report and seeing how you handle it with so many kids! We have four kids and I'm excited/nervous for our next family trip, hopefully, in December! It looks like everyone is such good sports and that you all had such a wonderful time!

Congratulations on the house! I'm glad it all seems to be working out!
No problem! Sometimes I've stopped getting alerts too on threads I wanted to follow. :P Especially if I'm busy for a while and see an alert but don't have a chance to click on it. Thanks for jumping back in!

First of all, congrats on the house!! It's beautiful, and looks like a great space for your family.

Secondly, our nephew (Age 6) did the SAME THING as your DD2 - hands over his ears all through HM, and we thought he hated it but as soon as we got off it was "can we go again?!" and he declared it his favorite ride of the trip. Kids are funny.

Thirdly, I LOVE all of your craftiness and would love your help with ideas if we end up being able to do the trip we're hoping to do for Sept2020.

Also, hi, nice to meet you!

And for some reason, it was at 10 AM on a Tuesday... Okay, it was only 20 minutes, but it felt much longer for some reason, probably since we had to go upstairs and because our 2-year-old was throwing a bit of a fit. I think she loved the ride though.

I swear Jungle Cruise always feels like the longest line! It's a really deceptive queue area too!

Back to the trip report! I'm feeling excited about Disney again as my daughter and I are talking about a quick one-day trip in November hopefully...

Yay, fingers crossed you can make it work!

Loved your last update and all the pics! Those yellow shirts are great, especially with the red polka dot bows on your Minnie ears :) I need to remember to stop at the top of Tarzan’s Treehouse more to take in the view too!

First of all, congrats on the house!! It's beautiful, and looks like a great space for your family.

Secondly, our nephew (Age 6) did the SAME THING as your DD2 - hands over his ears all through HM, and we thought he hated it but as soon as we got off it was "can we go again?!" and he declared it his favorite ride of the trip. Kids are funny.

Thirdly, I LOVE all of your craftiness and would love your help with ideas if we end up being able to do the trip we're hoping to do for Sept2020.

Also, hi, nice to meet you!
Hi! I'm so glad you've jumped in! I'm fairly certain I'll be around next year, and I'd be happy to help with anything I've done on shirts. :) Thanks, we are so excited about the house!

I swear Jungle Cruise always feels like the longest line! It's a really deceptive queue area too!
Yay, fingers crossed you can make it work!
I'm pretty sure we will. I already have the money set aside for my ticket, at least, and the girls are close to having what they need. I've just started getting excited about it! The family trip was awesome, but also exhausting, and took sooo much planning. I'm eager to take some smaller-group trips in the next year or two if I can swing it!

Loved your last update and all the pics! Those yellow shirts are great, especially with the red polka dot bows on your Minnie ears :) I need to remember to stop at the top of Tarzan’s Treehouse more to take in the view too!
Thanks! I love how they turned out in the pictures, and just wish we had gotten a couple full-family ones with everyone looking normal, haha. At least I got several the first day and a couple the last day - that's better than last time! I really did have to remind them that "this is one of my top 5 guys - quite a few family pictures!"

For anyone who's still following this, thanks! It's seriously been a whirlwind the last two months with moving and getting school started, especially since I'm going from being a SAHM to 5 young kids and adding in guiding my 4th grader's microschool class 20 hours a week in our home. We are tiny bit too busy this year with everyone's activities. 😬

With the little kids gone, it was time for some big kid fun! On to one of our favorite DLR attractions: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! We had two extra fast passes, since we had just grabbed them for all 6 tickets, so we decided to grab a set of people out of the standby line (which was 45+ minutes at 2:30 PM) and let them use our extra FP's. It was a mom and her child, and they were pretty excited. We chatted with them through the line and they took this picture for us:

ssuQ5bk.jpg

And time for some "firsts" as well. For several visits I've said I wanted to try a funnel cake, and never made it happen. Well that changed! (And it was good that I had 3 hungry kiddos to share it with, haha)
OQhePXg.jpg

And the next "first" was actually taking a ride around the Rivers of America on the Mark Twain. I've walked onboard before, but never actually dedicated any time to riding it all the way around. It was fun though, and restful. I am a little sad I never did it when the path was longer. It was fun to see some of the fun touches that you can only see from that attraction, and see more of what used to the be Mine Train. I still have to cross the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes off my list someday though!!
jIwQTcy.jpg

EcSSDrt.jpg

And another dessert my SIL told me was a must-try. We did try "The Grey Stuff" and it was delicious! I kind of wished we had two of them to share among the four of us. Of course, everyone needed their own picture with it, haha! The only issue we had was I used the app ordering system and waited, and waited, and waited, and it never said it was ready! We had a used it a few times before, so I knew how it was supposed to work. Finally, when my window was up and it disappeared, I went in to ask, and they just grabbed one out of the fridge and handed it to me. Seriously? I hate when you don't know when to be patient or when to make sure you haven't been forgotten.
dclMRyQ.jpg

BRhNvar.jpg

KRmoshL.jpg

Now was the part that was a little crazy for me as a mom. The younger kids reeeeally wanted to see the parade, and the older kids were happy to see it too, so it was time to start staking out a spot. I didn't want the same experience as with the Christmas parade, where we waited until 50 minutes before and there were no more front-row seats left. So with a 6 pm starting time, at 4:15 I wanted to find a good spot to watch and grab when needed. But my kids didn't want to sit around with me, and we had 6 fastpasses for Star Tours, so I sent them off to navigate over there by themselves and ride it twice before joining me on the parade route. They were 12, 11, and 8, and had our "house" iPhone with them, and Disneyland is super safe, but it was still felt strange. :) I picked a nice spot by IASW, and watched the curb in front of me until people started sitting down, and then I started setting up camp with our stroller, backpacks, jackets, etc. The kids joined me before too long after that, and sat there with me for a bit and ate a snack. Then eventually my husband and the littles came back, and they all disappeared for about 20 minutes to use the fastpasses we had for Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. They enjoyed that, and rejoined me to eat snacks and wait for the parade to start.
rzMyfWs.jpg

Sadly, the cast member who told me the parade was starting from that end was mistaken. It definitely started on Main Street, so we had about 20 minutes more to wait than we thought! Thankfully, the weather was still nice, and the kids did okay with it. :) The parade was really fun, even if I would have picked a slightly different spot if I had known they were coming from that direction. The lighting wasn't amazing, and none of the pictures/video of the parade were anything to be excited about. But the kids had a good seat, really enjoyed it, and we checked that off our "must do" list! I loved watching little miss DD2 wave her heart out at her favorite characters!
YfuB5pY.jpg

QmdhcB7.jpg

Somewhere in there we ate some dinner, but I have no idea what it was. It don't know if that was the night we bought something at the restaurant-formerly-known-as-the-Tomorrowland-Terrace (I can't think of the new name most of my life...) or if we ate stuff we brought with us for dinner. Nothing too exciting, either way. :) I know that after the parade we went over and rode Winnie the Pooh, because the little ones had been wanting to try that. :) They enjoyed that one, and I always do too. It's a cute dark ride that I don't have to worry about them getting scared in. (I'm looking at you, Snow White...)
rRPohaW.jpg

It was a beautiful evening, and we enjoyed walking over along the Rivers of America, because we had FP's for Buzz Lightyear. The kids always enjoy that ride, and you can usually get a readily-available FP for it, especially with MaxPass.
0l6crK1.jpg

dzblIZU.jpg

AZd8E9m.jpg

I thought DH would take the littles home after Buzz, but they'd had a late nap/rest and were asking to do Finding Nemo. My older kids hadn't done that one the trip before (because it was while they were lining up for the Jedi Academy show) and they were all mostly up for it. Someone had to be persuaded. (Maybe me? haha) I get claustrophobic on that one pretty easily, but it was nighttime, and not warm, (you can see the kids are all wearing their sweatshirts) and they didn't over crowd the sub at all. The wait was about 20 minutes, which was do-able even though kids were tired at 8:30. :) And the Lagoon is so beautiful at night!
KZ2IHXp.jpg

GZgWhCs.jpg

2tGt5hK.jpg

After that it was nearing fireworks time (which my kids had never been able to stay for - just too late for them!) but the little ones were definitely tired, so DH took one of the strollers and headed back to the room with them. I think they walked the whole way, because the buses were crazy, he said. Or was that the night before? It's been a few months... Anyway, they stopped around Harbor Security and watched the fireworks for a few minutes. The older 3 kids and I found a place just to the front right of the castle, and they enjoyed dancing to Mickey's Mix Magic and not having to wait too long or be too crowded to get a decent view of the castle/fireworks. I know the show wasn't that popular, but it was super fun for them to get to do that.
Owub30V.jpg

We had FP's for one more ride on BTMR (we love it at night!) so we did that before heading out, checking out a few things on Main Street on our way.
oMiBQDM.jpg

They love looking at all the merchandise, and we tried a treat (a scone) that was fairly disappointing as far as our trip treats went. It was okay, but nothing special, and not very sweet for how it looked. DD9 talked me into letting her spend a few $ of hers on a sucker, though I told her she couldn't eat it that night (too late for hard candy sugar like that!) or in front of her little siblings. I think she stashed it in the freezer when we got home, actually, and didn't end up finding it again/eating it until a few weeks ago!
CzwClUI.jpg

5i4KLQN.jpg

4UaOWdW.jpg

This little girl didn't have any of the trouble going to sleep that she had that first night in the hotel. She passed out fast and hard! It was a successful 2nd day in the parks!
iWFWmxn.jpg

Gorgeous 2nd day! So glad things are finally settling down for you - I need to finish my report from March, but I just haven't managed to get motivation and time to happen at the same time :D

Can't wait to read more of your trip!

What a great second day! I like that your DH takes the littles back to the hotel so you get to stay with the older kids! My DH does that for me as well and it make the evening a different kind of fun!

Sounds like a great Day 2! I still need to do the canoes also, even after my trip last week when I had plenty of opportunity. Haha!

I love BTMRR at night too, especially if you can time it to ride during the fireworks :)

Such a sweet pic of your littlest one, fast asleep! Aww!

Sorry, friends! I have been so crazy busy since school started. Between guiding my own class here at my house 20 hours a week and trying to keep up with extra-curriculars with my 4 older kids, I'm been barely keeping my head above water!

Gorgeous 2nd day! So glad things are finally settling down for you - I need to finish my report from March, but I just haven't managed to get motivation and time to happen at the same time :D

Can't wait to read more of your trip!

Thanks! I need to go look for your report now to see if you've had more time than me the last 6 weeks. 🤣

What a great second day! I like that your DH takes the littles back to the hotel so you get to stay with the older kids! My DH does that for me as well and it make the evening a different kind of fun!

We definitely picked winners! He like Disneyland, but the crowds are a little much for his anxiety. He knows I'm obsessed though, so he tries to help when he can! Evenings with littles (at least ours, who are used to going to bed early) aren't super fun usually. :)

Sounds like a great Day 2! I still need to do the canoes also, even after my trip last week when I had plenty of opportunity. Haha!

I love BTMRR at night too, especially if you can time it to ride during the fireworks :)

Such a sweet pic of your littlest one, fast asleep! Aww!

The best sleep is post-Disney sleep. :) I am going to ride the Canoes sometime in the next year, and see if there are any other attractions I've missed, and try to hit them too, since I'm planning to make 4-5 trips this year.... :tigger::mickeyjum:dumbo::donald::hmghost:Maybe I can time BTMRR during the fireworks too!

Well, we have another trip coming up in 4 weeks (🤩🤪) so I'd probably better try and finish this trip report this week, even if it's in small installments...

Our last day (May 1st, a Wednesday) we were returning to Disneyland. I think the Avengers Assemble party was in California Adventure that night, too. As the kids and I got up and ready to go, DD2 was still sleeping and didn't seem to be stirring yet. We decided that the older 4 and I would go over, and DH would bring DD2 when she got up, or in about 45 minutes, whichever came first. We were through security and in line at about 8:30 for a 9 AM opening. Not as early as I like to be, but still fine. We were through the gates about 8:45, and entered Main Street from the right hand side, then headed up to wait for rope drop into Fantasyland.
n2Vo7SA.jpg

0FnWEEO.jpg

I grabbed a MaxPass for something, and then we headed in the gates. Probably BTMRR. We jumped on Alice first thing at 9:04, and then rode the teacups at 9:10, and then got a few pictures with a Photpass photographer, then stopped for a little pin trading. (I'm the lame mom that won't let them wear their pins until like the last day, because I feel like it slows us down too much in the mornings when I want to make sure we hit the important stuff. I'm hoping by next trip they'll be old enough that I don't feel like I have to be responsible for carrying their pins around if they get tired of wearing them and what-not. We'll see. :) We're not hardcore, and I'm sure lots of what we've gotten and what we've traded are scrappers, but they enjoy it a lot.) DD11 was excited to get another Marie pin, because she's one of her favorite characters.
rPjRe6N.jpg

sobNxSV.jpg

uKv7lVd.jpg

bWUreYx.jpg

Apparently DH and DD2 were about 30 minutes behind us. They hit the carousel first, then the teacups, and then went on It's a Small World as we headed to our next destination. I had laid out her clothes, and told DH a quick something to do with DD's hair, but apparently he didn't want to mess with it, so he grabbed the cute hat she had yet to wear instead. 🤣 And you can see chocolate on her face from whatever he stopped at the hotel breakfast and grabbed her. True daddy-kid pictures. :) She was loving the one-on-one attention.
yQg1DcM.jpg

sVpmLR2.jpg

eIQhHHp.jpg

UaaV0WO.jpg

So we know DS5 had not been enjoying any of the big rides. I really had my hopes up that BTMRR would be the different one. It's my favorite ride, and I wanted him to love it. or maybe at least be willing to go on it again! What do you think? Did he go for it? It's not dark, it's not -that- fast, and who doesn't love riding trains?

So sweet that your DD2 got to spend some time with just Daddy! Sometimes those youngers need someone to take things slower and give them all the attention!

I hope your son rode BTMRR! My youngest two both are not fans of anything in the dark or fast, so we'll see how that goes on our next trip!

So, not so much. I bribed him with fruit snacks, and he DID ride it! (@disneymouse16) He didn't cry or anything, but he did -not- enjoy my favorite ride. Sigh. I guess I've just been spoiled by my older kids who are thrill-seekers. 🙃 We went on BTMR at 9:40, and then headed over towards Toontown for their opening at 10 AM and met up with DH and DD2. The older three lover BTMR as much as me, and were super excited to ride!
DS7qVd3.jpg

WHTRwB0.jpg

I love Toontown in the mornings, when the lines are short, and the temperatures are cool. The oldest three ran on Gadget's Go Coaster first while DS5 and I checked out Chip and Dale's house. And I was excited to sit on these amazing benches from It's a Bug's Land again. They really were one of my favorite things in Bug's Land, and I'm so happy they didn't disappear forever!
wG5M7f9.jpg

3WW6JuJ.jpg

DH and DD2 caught up to us, and we all went in to Mickey's house to let the littles meet him and especially to get a family picture with him. (10:24 AM) Remember, this was one of my priorities this trip, so they had to at least partially cooperate! I love when my littles meet the characters; I'm so glad none of them have been scared of them! I wish I had thought to get singles with two of the other kids (DS12 would not have been interested) but at least I got my cute family picture. :) We didn't wait too long. Maybe 10 minutes?
NH7p2lj.jpg

HiZFdq7.jpg

eJUV0F7.jpg

l4NmeJP.jpg

After that we all went on Gadget's Go-Coaster together. I was hoping the little ones would love it. DD9 loved it when she was almost 3 like DD2. But, not so much. I actually have some hilarious video of DD2, who was excited as we went up the hill, and then it melted into not-so-happy. DS5 was willing to ride it again, but I wouldn't say that he enjoyed it. :P Silly little darlings.
DjOK4RT.jpg

We enjoyed spending another 20 minutes or so exploring Toontown and letting the kids play. Toontown is seriously a cute place. I will be sad if it ever goes away, though with the new ride going in, it seems unlikely.
mvJqc3h.jpg

YJhPtOu.jpg

V2SxGZK.jpg

Fv9vRIw.jpg

PnYCE9o.jpg

We probably would have stayed longer, but we had a fastpass coming up for Tomorrowland, so we needed to head that direction!

Last edited:
So sweet that your DD2 got to spend some time with just Daddy! Sometimes those youngers need someone to take things slower and give them all the attention!

I hope your son rode BTMRR! My youngest two both are not fans of anything in the dark or fast, so we'll see how that goes on our next trip!

I hope they like a few things! I obviously was not above bribery to get my little guy to try several things, but I tried not to push him too much, and since he didn't like anything else, we didn't even attempt Space Mountain this trip with him!

We rode Buzz Lightyear all together (the kids always enjoy that one) at 11:00 AM, then rode it again, I guess, because we have pictures on it at 11:30 too... and then went up to wait for the monorail (which the kids hadn't ever been on). The view up there is great! We rode the Monorail over to the Downtown Disney stop, and then rode it back.
yOlbMGY.jpg

uGmnEU0.jpg

sfA8RJj.jpg

OsEIl6e.jpg

It was just after noon, and we decided it was time for lunch, which meant it was also time to get in line for Peter Pan. There is some magic in riding it first thing of the day, but I think I far prefer the less-crazy option of just planning to wait in line later when most of the lines take a while anyways. I don't enjoy waiting 25-30 minutes for Peter Pan when the other lines are quite short! This was a really good plan for navigating that line with kids. It took us about 30 minutes I think.
tU4Nmxe.jpg

After PP we grabbed some Photopass pictures with the Sword in the Stone, but the lighting wasn't great, and the kids weren't super feeling it. They're cute, but nothing wall-worthy. It's fun to have some with that Maleficent backdrop.
LyT1r9A.jpg

The older two kids wanted to ride the Matterhorn again, so they went to do that while we took the three younger ones on Pinocchio. They rejoined us as we exited though, because the ride was down.
J1jdpTk.jpg

X40fnP7.jpg

We had a Space Mountain fastpass coming up (it was about 1:15), so we all headed to Tomorrowland. While DH took the three oldest on Space, I decided it was time for a snack. I went in to the Pizza Planet or Pizza Port or Pizza Pizazz or whatever it's called these days and got the kids some yogurts? I don't really remember. Oh, and this little beauty. Which I did not enjoy the taste of, sadly! And it was a little soggy on the bottom. We managed not to eat him until the other kids came back, so they could see him and get a picture with him too.
Etuucc5.jpg

MM0OxBq.jpg

C0gdFyJ.jpg

We had an extra fastpass or two since DD5 had no interest in Space Mountain, so I rode that again with the three oldest. At this point it was 2 PM. We did a little pin trading, and then went to use our Fastpass for Star Tours at 2:10. This was the last "big" ride that we convinced DD5 to try, because I really hoped he would love it. He likes Star Wars, and it was a different kind of ride than the real-motion ones. You just never know. He did really enjoy the line, and the droids, and he actually got picked as the rebel spy, which was awesome. I wish I'd had my phone out so I could have snapped a picture, but we'll probably remember.
3KACUov.jpg

KF89IvN.jpg

He didn't hate Star Tours, but it was a little rough, and he wasn't interested in riding it again. At least it didn't completely freak him out, I guess?

Last edited:
I've just updated my New Years trip and have seen that you have just updated yours so I caught up. I'm amazed at your families stamina and its wonderful to see all the happy smiling faces. You are amazing the way you juggle all the different ages but then again you are an absolute pro.

I've just updated my New Years trip and have seen that you have just updated yours so I caught up. I'm amazed at your families stamina and its wonderful to see all the happy smiling faces. You are amazing the way you juggle all the different ages but then again you are an absolute pro.
Haha, you're so kind. There is way less "amazing" the way I deal with 5 littles and more "I will hope and pray" most days!

Staying up later than I should to add a little update here. Things are heating up, figuratively, for our little trip in 3 weeks, so I'm trying to get this done soon! I finished the shortened version of our family videos of each day and got them posted on Youtube, so I'll include those links once I finish the report. We're down to the wire: afternoon/evening of the last day! However, my little brother is getting married this weekend, and we have to travel about 3 hours to get "home" for that, so I'm going to be busy until next week!

We did a little bit of pin trading and probably took a bathroom break after that, before we got in line for POTC. I think we were in line for about 20-25 minutes and boarded a little after 3 PM. Pirates is not my favorite ride. It's dark and sometimes a bit creepy. But it's just so darn impressive. And who doesn't love those fun first drops (a few of my kids, haha) and sitting down in the a/c for 15-20 minutes while you're entertained? :) DD2 was a little nervous about it, and a DS5 and even DD8 probably were too.
Ydwczv5.jpg

qD9dmhb.jpg

This is my face when we got in line for Winnie the Pooh next, and the wait was listed at like 20 minutes. I mean, I love me some WtP, but part of its charm is being able to walk on so often! I'm not sure what the reasoning was here. Maybe the little ones were asking for it. :)
jMLu3iX.jpg

9vv6HlP.jpg

7CdKwvD.jpg

DsDP5tv.jpg

Actually, I think we were waiting for our Splash Mountain passes to be valid. That makes the most sense. I was surprised, but DD9 didn't want to even try it. Sometimes I push them a little bit, but since half of us were staying off anyway (DS5 was also completely uninterested, and I felt like he had been brave enough for one trip) it was no big deal for her to stay off. I love Splash Mountain, but it has been so wet the last couple years, and I'm always a little paranoid about getting soaked and having wet underwear and other boring adult worries, haha! Even with my ponchos and flip flops. But since I was the only one with a poncho (the kids didn't want to bother) they absolutely didn't want to ride in the front, so that got to be me.
PqOrRS5.jpg

imgN56X.jpg

After this we strapped DD2 into the stroller, let both little ones get on tablets and have snacks, and the older ones promised to watch them near the exit while DH and I did the rider switch. This was the only ride we rode just the two of us, but it was nice to sneak it in. (Even if I ended up in the front again) I know they weren't technically old enough to be in charge of the little ones without us at Disneyland (is it 14?) but they babysit at home (as a team), had a phone with them, and DD2 couldn't escape even if she got a wild hair, so we chanced it. Especially since we'd literally be like inside a "building" next to them. It was so fun to ride with DH and have just a few minutes together where we weren't "the parents." The fastpass line was moving fast, so they were only without us for 20 minutes and everyone did great.
dtxVlGV.jpg

9QTRhCr.jpg

We had a set of FP's for The Haunted Mansion (DH really likes this one) and I can't remember which kid he took with him. One of the older three. This picture is one he managed on the ride. His phone takes better pictures than mine...

RUUTcty.jpg

We had a little time to kill before we had FP's for BTMR, so we walked over around the castle (with it's crazy construction) and saw some of the sights. The fairies weren't meeting at the moment, but we walked in the back entrance and took a few pictures inside before I started being paranoid that we weren't allowed to be in there maybe and I made them leave. 😜

h2t6Owo.jpg

hk44ajb.jpg

9WTy9P8.jpg

Big Thunder never disappoints. DD5 wasn't interested in a repeat, so he stayed with DH and DD2. Actually, he said the line for Peter Pan didn't really look that long to him, so he jumped in line with them (that's his favorite dark ride) and they only had about a 15 min wait at 6:15 PM. Imagine that!
E6twGFH.jpg

oxwR4hz.jpg

I used mobile order to get a bunch of chicken tenders and fries for the kids, and a corn dog for me, and we headed over to Fantasyland with our trays of fried food to find somewhere to eat. As we were heading through whatever that little place is called (Fantasy Faire?) with Rapunzel's castle, I got a text from DH saying he couldn't find DD5 anywhere.... 😰

I parked the three older kids on a bench right by the Sleeping Beauty fountain with their food and the extra phone, and told them not to move while I ran over to join the search. It was quite busy, but he just lost him in Fantasyland. Surely he couldn't have gotten far, could he? 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!