April/May 2019: Seven Kinds of Crazy

Yikes, what a cliff hanger! I hope it didn't take too long to locate him. So scary. I was around that age or a little older when I got separated from my family. All I remember is hanging around outside IASW, just me and Alice until my family found me. This was over 40 years ago.

Also, I didn't know the popsicle benches were saved! I can't wait to see them again.

OMG! I hope you guys were able to find him right away. How scary for you.

Yikes, what a cliff hanger! I hope it didn't take too long to locate him. So scary. I was around that age or a little older when I got separated from my family. All I remember is hanging around outside IASW, just me and Alice until my family found me. This was over 40 years ago.

Also, I didn't know the popsicle benches were saved! I can't wait to see them again.
I know, I saw it on here or on a Facebook page, and I was so excited to go find them! My favorite part about A Bug's Land was always the scale of everything. Everything was so cute!

OMG! I hope you guys were able to find him right away. How scary for you.
It was nerve-wracking, but honestly, if we're going to lose someone, make it at Disneyland! I wasn't (very) worried about anything actually happening to him, and I know we should be reunited soon. But still...

I rushed around Fantasyland for a few minutes, keeping my eyes out for a cute little guy in a red Star Wars shirt, and after 5-ish minutes found him between Dumbo and King Arthur's Carousel. He was with another mom (bless moms) and a cast member, and was crying. Even now, though it was like 8 months ago, and he was -fine,- it makes me tear up to think about him feeling lost. My husband and DD2 found us a minute or two later. The cast member was amazing, and he asked if there was a ride in Fantasyland that DS5 wanted to ride - he would take him to the front of the line! This was no small thing at 6:30 PM on a decently busy day. I was a little nervous (haha) that he'd pick the Carousel, but he had been asking to ride Dumbo again all day, and we hadn't wanted to brave the line. So Dumbo it was. :) You can see in this picture that he was still a little teary-eyed, but the cast member walked the 4 of us to the front of Dumbo, and we got to ride it again, which really lifted his little spirits.
SNQmacd.jpg

ipz1t66.jpg

X8rxwH4.jpg

QbhvAZF.jpg

I had told the other kids (via text) that we found him and that we were going to ride real fast while they ate. We met up with them afterwards, and I finally got to eat my Disneyland corn dog (one of my favorite treats). Guys. Disneyland corn dogs are amazing when they're hot and fresh. Thirty minutes later and cold? Hmm... that was a little sad, haha. Not nearly as enjoyable! The chicken tenders and fries didn't fare any better after sitting for 30 minutes, but at least no one had empty tummies. I don't remember when/what DH ate (with his gluten and dairy sensitivities).
ZmgmtG9.jpg

rMhO601.jpg

We took a few pictures of all the castle construction, and a few of DH and I in front of it, then headed over because several kids were excited about Autopia. That is a ride I don't want anything to do with in the heat of the day, but right about sunset it's quite enjoyable and beautiful. We got there about 7:15 and we were in line about 20 minutes. The way our kids' heights worked out, we needed to put the two little ones with me, DD9 with DH, and DD11 and DS12 had to ride individually for the first time. Even at that age, that pedal is not easy to push down! Everyone had a great time though. :)
whyyS6D.jpg

xmRKVMn.jpg

B1fnj3m.jpg

GlRgh0V.jpg

i3IIeiB.jpg

HzwfJBM.jpg

kclnsYM.jpg

G3PQLZL.jpg

We zoomed over to the Star Wars Launch Bay, since I'd been wanting to try to meet a character there, and guess who was meeting? Chewbacca! I'm an old original Star Wars fan from way back, and when I was a teenager I was kind of obsessed with it. I read all the books many times and have owned every version of the original trilogy (old VHS, new enhanced VHS, DVD set, and now blu-rays). I enjoy the new ones too, but I'm not as interested as I was when I had time to obsess over fictional characters/worlds. But you guys, Chewie. :) I was a happy camper, and even happier that our group picture with him turned out!
tujEnaf.jpg

nq8WMOm.jpg

At 8 PM it was time for a quick fastpass on Buzz, and then we finished our night as a family riding IASW at 8:40. Those little ones were wiped out! DS12 actually chose to go back with DH and the two littles because he was worn out, too.
2ijDKhX.jpg

zqY8GBn.jpg

I don't remember what the girls and I did after they left. I have a picture in the Disney gallery just before 9:30 PM, and this funny one by the Get Your Ears on Honda Odyssey as we entered Downtown Disney:
5lVeUb3.jpg

They had been dying to get beignets the whole trip, and we always things the DTD ones are the best. But alas, they were out of the little minis and we had to get the full-size ones. Also yummy. We did asome window shopping for a bit and then limped over to the shuttle buses to head back and end our 3 busy days at the Disneyland Resort.
yEbxSVt.jpg

ZFG94gP.jpg

RNhWKxC.jpg

The bus dropped us off at the Toy Story lot. It was still just a bit of a hike over to our hotel, and DH left as soon as we got back because he had a chiropractic conference in Newport Beach starting early the next morning, and he needed to join his friends that he was rooming with through the weekend. His conference definitely affected the timing of our trip, and it was nice that he was going to be out there anyway, so we could all drive out together. (He flew back Sunday night after I drove home with the kids Thursday).

So that's it! I, of course, had adventures driving home with a bunch of crazy, tired kids, but nothing that interesting. There's very little of interest between Anaheim and the Phoenix area. :) I'm glad I finally got this finished, because I'm headed out to Disneyland two weeks from tomorrow with DD11 and another mother/daughter set. AND I just purchased my very first Annual Pass (a Flex Pass) yesterday. I'm pretty excited about it. I keep opening the app to see it... but that's all for another trip report!

Here are the videos to accompany this one. The first one is a fun more-artsy collage I did with images from the whole trip.
Full Trip to "When You Wish"

The next 4 are family-video-style from our four days. They are cut down by about 30% to make them a little more watchable.
Day 1: Driving and Quick Beach Visit
Day 2: Disney's California Adventure
Day 3: Disneyland 1
Day 4: Disneyland 2

So scary to lose sight of your kid! I'm sorry he was crying, that just breaks your mommy heart! Nice that the cast member gave you a little pixie dust!

Okay, so is your screen name from the Star Wars books? Jaina Solo? I was/am a huge original trilogy fan and read a ton of the books. I can't quite give up the "Legends" stories, they were such a huge part of my growing up! However, I am currently reading Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire in preparation for visiting but I have to say it feels soo forced! I'm only a couple of chapters in so maybe it will get better?

It looked like a nice last evening in the parks! And another trip just a couple of weeks away! We must be on similar Disney clocks! We were there at the same time in May and my family is heading back in 4 weeks!

So scary to lose sight of your kid! I'm sorry he was crying, that just breaks your mommy heart! Nice that the cast member gave you a little pixie dust!

Okay, so is your screen name from the Star Wars books? Jaina Solo? I was/am a huge original trilogy fan and read a ton of the books. I can't quite give up the "Legends" stories, they were such a huge part of my growing up! However, I am currently reading Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire in preparation for visiting but I have to say it feels soo forced! I'm only a couple of chapters in so maybe it will get better?

It looked like a nice last evening in the parks! And another trip just a couple of weeks away! We must be on similar Disney clocks! We were there at the same time in May and my family is heading back in 4 weeks!

That's fun! I am planning to be there a -lot- this year, haha. As much as I can squeeze in. Yes, Jaina is from the books that came after the the original trilogy. I was super into them in high school, and I've always loved the name. When I joined the DIS boards, I was playing Virtual Magic Kingdom (as a young adult with a boring job), and Jaina was the name of my character. Then later when I had my first girl, we ended up using it as her name. :) So my DD11's name is Jaina, not mine. :) I tried to read some of the newer books once and I just couldn't get that into them. I still like Star Wars, but I was definitely more into it when I was younger, before I had a bunch of kids and responsibilities. 🤣

It's dark and sometimes a bit creepy.

When the boats pause, I sometimes freak myself out looking into the creepy crevices in the wall thinking that someone might pop out of there 😂

He was with another mom (bless moms) and a cast member, and was crying. Even now, though it was like 8 months ago, and he was -fine,- it makes me tear up to think about him feeling lost.
Aw, poor little guy. I can't imagine how scary that was for him (and you!) but pretty awesome the CM got you guys to the front of the line on a ride of his choice!

I'm headed out to Disneyland two weeks from tomorrow with DD11 and another mother/daughter set. AND I just purchased my very first Annual Pass (a Flex Pass) yesterday.

Woohoo, have a great trip! We're actually going on a last minute trip to DL from Nov. 22 - 24, makes me wish I had upgraded to an AP during our first trip this year. Still debating on getting the flex...

When the boats pause, I sometimes freak myself out looking into the creepy crevices in the wall thinking that someone might pop out of there 😂

Aw, poor little guy. I can't imagine how scary that was for him (and you!) but pretty awesome the CM got you guys to the front of the line on a ride of his choice!

Woohoo, have a great trip! We're actually going on a last minute trip to DL from Nov. 22 - 24, makes me wish I had upgraded to an AP during our first trip this year. Still debating on getting the flex...

So fun on your Nov trip! It will be busy, but the holiday magic is real! I'm getting nervous about our trip this Saturday after seeing the lines this weekend...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!