April or August 2024

lnuss1988

Mouseketeer
HELP!! I thought I had it all planned out and now I’m second guessing myself!!!

April 12-20, 2024
Or
August 9-17, 2024

If you can take the heat, August. The southern tier has started to go back to school.

If you want better weather, April, but that is MA spring break week.

We did late March this year and it was a mad house. We typically go August/September so for us we’re going back to that in 24.

But it is very very humid and hot.

April 12-20, 2024- better weather but likely worse crowds -easter is earlier than it was this year so spring breaks will still be underway for the northerners. We've been over spring break around Easter and it's definitely crowded, there's no disputing it. So long as you know what to expect, you can still have a great trip. Just need to manage your expectations.

August 9-17, 2024- Definitely worse weather but likely less crowds. It's peak hurricane season so every afternoon after 4pm is a thunderstorm. We love going to disney in early Aug before my kids go back to school. It's cheaper than spring time which is a plus and most thunderstorms are very short lived. It's rare to have a full on wash out of a day. We've been through a few tropical depressions and storms at Disney and they were all minor blips for us thankfully. Also, we're from the south so we're already sweating, might as well be sweaty at wdw.

Just need to decide what's more important, weather/crowds/pricing.

We've chosen August the last two years, April can still be busy even after Easter with NE spring breaks (the earlier Easter is, the better it will be). We super lucked out with weather last August- we did 10 days and other than our last night in MK it really only rained when we were on our way back to the resort or in our room- we were there for 11 nights and didn't pull ponchos out until the last one. It also was relatively cool for August in Orlando, I had goose bumps one day sitting in Epcot with a breeze! That being said- we aren't expecting to get that lucky again, but will have cooling towels, little fans, and make sure to drink plenty of water with electrolytes and I'm certain will have a good time no matter how it plays out!

April 12-20, 2024- better weather but likely worse crowds -easter is earlier than it was this year so spring breaks will still be underway for the northerners. We've been over spring break around Easter and it's definitely crowded, there's no disputing it. So long as you know what to expect, you can still have a great trip. Just need to manage your expectations.

August 9-17, 2024- Definitely worse weather but likely less crowds. It's peak hurricane season so every afternoon after 4pm is a thunderstorm. We love going to disney in early Aug before my kids go back to school. It's cheaper than spring time which is a plus and most thunderstorms are very short lived. It's rare to have a full on wash out of a day. We've been through a few tropical depressions and storms at Disney and they were all minor blips for us thankfully. Also, we're from the south so we're already sweating, might as well be sweaty at wdw.

Just need to decide what's more important, weather/crowds/pricing.
You just summed up all my thoughts about both dates! I just needed someone to confirm it lol

I would say April if it were me. We're from Texas, so we are plenty accustomed to the heat and humidity, but that also means that we get plenty of them and like to escape it for vacation.

I would much rather deal with the crowds being a bit higher but better weather, because it just becomes miserable when it is too hot, at least in my opinion. DW is a teacher and since she won't take time off for vacation during the school year that pretty much limits us to Spring Break (March for us in Texas), Summer (no way), Thanksgiving break in November, and Christmas break in December. We have been over Spring Break multiple times, the week of Thanksgiving just last year, and just before and just after Christmas, to include over New Year.

Having been during Spring Break and Christmas before covid, and before the park capacity reductions, I can tell you that while the parks are busy they don't feel as busy to us. We've been in MK when it hit capacity and people couldn't get in, so now, to go at the same time, even if it is at capacity it's just not as bad.

Maybe it's all perspective, but I just don't get the complaints that it's somehow unbearable or impossible to do anything. It's Disney, it is always going to be busy, so if that's the case I would much rather go when it is less likely to rain (it's Florida, it can always happen) and less hot. We are on vacation, we put a certain value on our comfort. Good luck whatever you decide.

I vote for April. The August weather, the heat and humidity...UGH! For me and my family, it makes us miserable. I don't want to be miserable on my vacation. I live in the South and I dread the summer. We've already been in the 90's with humidity and it stinks.

It's a coin toss. April is not as humid, but may still get some spring break crowds. August is always crowded, and the heat and humidity take its toll. Personally, we like august better, and we plan accordingly by starting early, breaking for the hottest part of the day, and enjoying the nighttime ambiance when it's more comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter