April or September 2020

Ariel1033

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip to DL next year. If you had a choice between April or September.....when would you go? Know that Spetember will be decorated for Halloween..so that's a plus, but what about crowd levels???

When in April would you be going? Easter is the 12th of April in 2020, which means there are the potential for spring break schedule and crowds and Easter activities in the first couple of weeks of April. Spring break schedule usually means longer operating hours, more entertainment (especially in the evenings), and fewer scheduled refurbs. If you wait until after Easter, the crowds might be lighter, but the hours will probably be shorter and there will be less entertainment. Also, if the schedule remains the same, they will also be offering the Food & Wine Festival in DCA in the first part of April (it ended on Apr 23 this year).

HalloweenTime is one of my favorite "seasons" at Disneyland. It is very popular, so there will be crowds, especially on the weekends (Friday night through Monday). HalloweenTime usually starts a week or two after Labor Day, so if you do plan to go in September, I'd aim for the middle to latter part of the month. The hard-ticket Halloween parties usually start towards the middle/end of September, so keep that in mind when planning your trip if you want to check the party out.

I think either time is a lot of fun at DLR. It depends on whether you want to see HalloweenTime and when in April you would be going. If it's a choice of HalloweenTime or late April, I'd vote for HalloweenTime, even with the likely larger crowds. If it's a choice between HalloweenTime and early April, I'd be happy to go at either time.

Does weather matter at all? Temps in September can be rather warm and that can be the start of our Santa Ana wind (hot, dry winds which often cancel fireworks) season. April temps should be anywhere from cool to warm, but usually not hot. If you are sensitive to heat, I'd go with April. If weather doesn't matter, I agree with the pp that Halloween Time is super fun. As far as crowds go, both Spring Break and Halloween Time can be crowded. So I'd go with whichever time works best for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!