April park hours update?

Epcot242

DIS Veteran
I admit I haven't been checking the hours religiously, but we're going on a short mid-April trip and the park hours have been the same for months. I just checked now and see the MK is open 8am to 12am the Saturday night we're due to be there! I'm super excited but don't want to get my hopes up.

I can't find any events happening that night or weekend, so is this just a pleasant surprise where they change favorably changed the hours or is something else up? I'd want to anticipate it if there was.

Thanks!!! :wizard:

I admit I haven't been checking the hours religiously, but we're going on a short mid-April trip and the park hours have been the same for months. I just checked now and see the MK is open 8am to 12am the Saturday night we're due to be there! I'm super excited but don't want to get my hopes up.

I can't find any events happening that night or weekend, so is this just a pleasant surprise where they change favorably changed the hours or is something else up? I'd want to anticipate it if there was.

Thanks!!! :wizard:

The "something else is up" is they expect crowds, likely the tail end of Spring Break season. When I see 8AM MK openings, I think large crowds. But I also think, bonus rope drop time too. ;-)

FWIW, many (meaning some, not all) Saturdays YTD 2018 have had 8AM-12AM / 8AM-11PM hours - so not all that unusual.

Have fun!

That's what I was afraid to assume! But I won't complain about extra hours. Thanks for the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter