• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April Reservation - AKV???

poohbear158

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I have a dilemma. I am inches away from calling my guide to purchase points at AKV. I would need to sell my current SSR contract in order to get the AKV points that I want. Hubby and I LOVED AKL when we stayed there on cash last October and this is where I want my new home to be - always. I want to stay there all of the time and would have no desire to stay elsewhere (old buy where you want to stay mind frame). Here comes the problem... I currently have an April vacation (April 29th - May 5th) scheduled for this year using my SSR points. If I cancel my April reservation in hopes of closing my SSR deal faster and if I purchase AKV points sooner than later, when can I make reservations using my AKV points? Could I stay at AKL using my AKV points for my April vacation? If not, can I use my AKV points to stay at another DVC resort? I already have my airfare purchased and park tickets for April so I would like to stick with my current April dates if possible.

You'll lose that vacation if you sell now. AKV points can't be used until September '07.

Patience is a virtue. Hold onto SSR and go on your vacation. Sell your contract later and you can still purchase AKV in May/June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter