APRIL WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

Face-to-Face-Friday My avatar was taken during my Spring 2016 trip (I'm the one on the left tee hee): I had been doing WW and had just reached onederland prior to the trip. I had purchased mostly XL sized vacation clothing, not plus-sized. I felt great during that trip, had full days with lots of energy and had more pictures taken than in other trip. Since then I've put back on 30 pounds and more than anything just feel old. Most of the time I'm stiff and sore and creaky, and the extra weight makes me look old as well. I know I can reverse everything that's going on, but keep losing sight of the end goal and go for immediate gratification instead.

That being said I'm giving myself a gold star for yesterday: I was so tired heading home, that I decided to not get off the bus for the extra walk, then my inner parent perked up and said "get off the bus when the next person rings the bell", which turned out to be half the distance that I normally walk - but I did get a walk in. At about 7:30pm realized I hadn't had any green juice and was going to let it slide, but that pesky inner parent made me get off the couch and unpack the juicer... I actually had a lot of fun shoving stuff in to it, and the juice came out pretty good. I know that both of these are going to help me get thru today, which is already shaping to to be a stressful one.

Hope everyone has a wonderfully healthful weekend!

Last edited:
Can’t believe it’s Friday!! Where has my week gone? @lovesmurfs I love your weekend planning so I am going to try and do what you do and see if I can improve on my usual disasters. I will have to budget for Saturday’s lunch with mum but I have been checking out other places to eat nearby her hairdresser and am hopeful I will come up with a compromise/solution. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

I’ve started tracking on my fitness pal and definitely finding it a good way to monitor my intake of foods. Sometimes it’s more than a little shocking just how bad my diet is even in what I had thought was a “good” day so I’m slowly learning but at least it’s progress. Have a healthy weekend everyone:)

Happy Friday! Let's do a Face-to-Face Friday.

Think about what you were able to do when you first started. How did you feel? Why did you begin your weight loss journey?

Now, think about how you feel today, no matter where you are in your journey. What can you do that you couldn't then? Do you have more energy? Are you eating healthier?

At almost 83 pounds down, I'm doing MUCH better than I did when I started. Better stamina, ability to exercise (except a bum knee). I also am wearing size 18 jeans - when I started I was wearing size 26. It's a real psychological change, in addition to the physical changes. It's hard not to see myself in a size 3-4X and to reach for a size 1X or even XL (NORMAL size).

IMG_4381.jpg

Happy Friday! Let's do a Face-to-Face Friday. Unfortunately, I can't load pictures at work, so let's do it philosophically (or go ahead and load yours if you can do photobucket or the like).

Think about what you were able to do when you first started. How did you feel? Why did you begin your weight loss journey?

Now, think about how you feel today, no matter where you are in your journey. What can you do that you couldn't then? Do you have more energy? Are you eating healthier?

I felt terrible and very unhealthy but honestly I should have been nicer to myself. My family went through hell, my dh went through cancer and i managed to keep it together. I made piece with it, I am not going to put myself down as I was heavier than. I had my priorities very clear and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't want to go back at that weight but it was such shock period of my life.

I started because I was just sick of seeing this extra weight that I'd been looking at for 20 years! Now I'm just trying to make better food/exercise decisions. It's a real drag when your body doesn't want to do what your brain tells it!

We bought a new scale last night. I'm happy to not have to add 12 pounds to what I see. I popped on last night and the number was a bit lower than I thought it would be. We'll see what it says tomorrow when it's my normal weigh in time. I think it'll help motivate me to make even better decisions (says the girl who is planning a Costco double chocolate muffin for breakfast tomorrow!).

Checking in for the month. Making it to the pool is not going to happen. My time when I am not taking the girls to their 4-H activities is being spent working on our basement or recovering from doing too much on the basement. I knew we had some water but I was thinking it was just a little bit in the main part and not the entire basement as I hadn't been down there all winter. Wednesday we got our pork delivered. Originally my dad and his friend were supposed to bring it by about 3:30 so my husband would have been home to haul it downstairs. Friend locked keys in vehicle so had to wait for someone to run a spare out which took over an hour so we didn't get our delivery until after 5:30 when my husband had gone to work. I knew the basement was a mess from the boxes and stuff down there so my plan was to have the girls haul the meat down to me a few packages at a time. Friend grabbed a bag-and could only get half of it in in the freezer, dad grabbed a box and then friend another bag. Needless to say my dad saw the mess down there and we have been ordered that cleaning out the basement is number one priority. Wednesday night was spent searching for a storage unit as I was not going to just get a dumpster delivered and toss everything. Husband was very apologetic about not having gotten the water situation taken care of earlier and didn't say a word about my getting a storage unit other than that is a good price when I told him and agreeing to a 2 month rental of the unit. Figuring the time to get the stuff out sorting through it roughly-tossing what can't be saved, sorting savable items into books, clothes, linens, papers, and other small items. There are some financial papers that will eventually get either shread or burned but right now I don't have the time to do that so they are going to the storage unit. Once everything is out minus the freezer, back up fridge, and a couple of really big shelving units-over 5 feet across just under 7 feet high ones-we have to get all the water removed and clean the entire basement (with bleach according to my dad, but I remember hearing on a radio program a couple of weeks ago that bleach does not kill black mold-which the expert aka my father says we have and that is the reason we are sick all the time-never mind that we were fine and went to the store where there were people coughing and sneezing including some not bothering to try and cover it. I checked with a friend of mine who is another 4-H leader and who happens to work for a disaster restoration company-fire, floods, ect about what to use and was told not to use bleach but a different product that is on the pricey side and where to get it).
Thursday was spent going to Pet Smart to get the kitties their tooth care kits, running out to get our bacon (since I had gotten applewood smoked and it took longer than what everyone else got) getting the storage unit rented through the end of May, coming home having a quick dinner of the ham I could not make fit (I got everything else to fit in the freezer plus the smaller fridge ones both in the main and back up though we had to get a bit creative-trust me corn dogs for 10 year old got taken out of the box and placed in freezer bags, and the waffles got taken out of the box plus we baked up 2 loaves of frozen bread dough creative but I made it work-I'll make it fit does not just apply to a glass slipper. After we ate it was just about time to run to foods projects meeting for 13 year old while 10 year old and I went and got some non perishables at the store, pick up 13 year old stop by the house to get the 2 cats she is going to show in the cat show. Go out to cat meeting which due to interviews for scholarships started late-and for once we were actually 10 minutes early and not walking in last minute. Get done there drop library book off in the drop box, grab something to eat in a drive through, get a load of water, go home and to bed. Husband got home from work emptied the water into the house tank (cistern) then pulled the tank from the back of the truck. Plan is to have a load delivered if we start running low before this mess is done. Friday was spent working on the basement until husband had to go to work and 10 year old and I went to go meet some of our club to get the cookies we were providing for a group to serve at a silent auction plus give her a chance to see where the fashion showcase would be held on Saturday in hopes of lessening the melt downs. Stop back by the house to get 13 year old and the cookies we made which she was finishing up making-thank goodness for cake mix cookies as they are really fast and easy to make up. Delivered those along with an item from my business I was donating to the silent auction, went and found last minute footwear for both girls, got something to eat and headed home for the night. Today (Saturday) was leave shortly before 8 to go to showcase with plan for husband to go home until time to come back in for the public review so he could work on the basement only he fell asleep. Meanwhile I finally quite counting how many melt downs and trying to escape times 10 year old had. Our county extension agent said that next year we are going to have her come in later and be judged just before lunch so she is not there all day to make it easier (Our agent also liked my idea of a workshop when they call for them for leaders programs on how to adapt the 4-H program for special needs members from the view of a parent, a leader, and a county extension service agent). The girls both did well in their ready to wear (purchasing from a store) outfits both getting 1st place in appearance for their age groups 9-11 and 12-13 which we had thought since the overall junior level winner has always gone to one of the 12-13 year old group and 13 year old was the only one she would get it but she didn't. It went to one of the younger group. Came home and got a load done this evening, came in the house had a bite to eat and now am relaxing as we start in again between 8:30 and 9 in the morning. The girls have a small animal (rabbits for them) meeting tomorrow afternoon but not sure if we will go depends how we feel.

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all have a great start into the last week of April! Which reminds me that it might be time to think about the May thread? If no one wants to host, maybe it is time to go over to a shared schedule with different people taking on different days of the week?

I am still struggling with no weight loss despite really good eating habits. But I just need to continue what I am doing and wait for some movement. I am also struggling with water, I know that I have far too much water stored and am not sure why. But I had a blood test this morning (for something different, but it was testing everything), so I will ask my doctor when I speak with him about the water, too.

Good morning, @Flossbolna! If no one else wants to, I don't mind doing May as well. I can guarantee a better start than I did with April (darn flu....).

I've had some challenges over the past week, and am actually up 5 pounds since last Monday. Part of it was traveling and meetings for 4 days (which involved some really tasty breads and desserts, which I don't eat normally). I also didn't drink as much water as I normally do, so I'm hoping some of the gain is water weight. Pretty depressing, but also motivating for me to get back on plan.

And speaking of motivating, HAPPY MOTIVATION MONDAY! Post something about what motivates you. This can be a picture, meme, quote, or something personal.

IMG_4442.JPG

At almost 83 pounds down, I'm doing MUCH better than I did when I started. Better stamina, ability to exercise (except a bum knee). I also am wearing size 18 jeans - when I started I was wearing size 26. It's a real psychological change, in addition to the physical changes. It's hard not to see myself in a size 3-4X and to reach for a size 1X or even XL (NORMAL size).

View attachment 317921
Congratulations!

Kris Carr is the gal who put together the green-drink-a-day challenge, which got me to drinking my vegetables and thinking about plant based eating. I've got a couple of her cook books and just yesterday purchased a meditation album from her, because as @lovesmurfs has noted in her inspirational post, its all about your thoughts. And my thoughts have been in the dumper for about a month now... I was thinking backwards and I don't recall being in a good/happy mental place since I was at the beach in early March. It's almost like I've stripped away the first layer of emotional/spiritual sludge and revealed some real weak/tender spots. So rather than regressing, I think this funk is forward progress, but it still isn't fun.

Saturday I made a road trip out to my favorite yarn store... it was national local yarn store day so how could I not? A yarn company in Portland has just launched a new yarn, and my intent was to go check it out and maybe get a skein, but when I got there a sample of a knit poncho caught my attention, and even though I tried not to, I ended up getting the yarn to make one... $200 worth of yarn. My justification is that I need to have something to wear at the June retreat that I've knit, so there you go. It's just straight knitting, nothing fancy, very soothing and meditative, so I think it's a very good choice for me right now.

I've also been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my September vacation time... the options are taking the Bad Lands/Mt Rushmore tour in South Dakota or going to WDW. My trip to WDW last fall just wasn't wonderful, but the reason it fell flat had more to do with me than with Disney. I've been thinking of having a do-over, but knew I would need to do things differently, with one of them being not staying at POP. Yesterday I occurred to me that I should see if I could rent some DVC points and stay at a deluxe resort. This has me quite excited, so I'm going to look in to it and see what is available.

Happy Monday everyone and Happy New Week!

Last edited:
Yesterday I occurred to me that I should see if I could rent some DVC points and stay at a deluxe resort. This has me quite excited, so I'm going to look in to it and see what is available.

if you tell me what dates you are looking at, I can check availability for you on the DVC website. I am a DVC member (unfortunately not short on points, otherwise I would happily rent to you!)

if you tell me what dates you are looking at, I can check availability for you on the DVC website. I am a DVC member (unfortunately not short on points, otherwise I would happily rent to you!)
@Flossbolna I'm thinking the first or second week of September. I was out on David's DVC site poking around to see how it all works.

This weekend and today have been very busy. We had ds birthday party with the family on Saturday. So Friday was prep, Saturday ds had karate, we cleaned, d's had a soccer game and then finish cleaning up until people started to show up. It was,a fun afternoon but we were beat. Sunday was our normal weekend scheduled running around. I was,still fighting the headaches, still am today, and Sunday it got bad. This time I think we have switched to more of sinus issues causing it. I ended up sleeping for I thiink 3 hours. Then today has been a very busy day a work then d's had riding lesson and d's is now at soccer practice. I have been home for all of 15 minutes. Enough timed to eat sdomething quickly. This,week will stay like this. It should slow down next week as we will no longer have 2 riding lessons in a,week. So one thing down.

My new scale will be my motivation this week. I can't tell how accurate it is! I weighed this weekend and liked what I saw. Then I kept weighing at different times of the day. Today I popped on the scale at work (move the weights over kind), but I had my shoes on. It doesn't show what my new scale shows. I'll try again later in the week.

It sounds like people are struggling at the moment. I know we can finish strong, one healthy decision at a time!

YES!!!! The scale moved!! I am so happy!! Still only making somewhat "toddler steps" (little more than baby steps...). But the direction is correct. I was even considering not stepping on the scale because I felt so bloated this morning. So, this actually looks like a decent number. I have now lost 1kg since the beginning of April. That's 2.2 pounds. Not much, but I am just so happy that I saw a new low number, even if it bounces back up again tomorrow.

I know that it is wrong to get so much motivation from the stupid scale, but success is motivating. So, I will keep this memory of not giving up and then seeing success to get me through the dry spells that will come again!

We've got this! I think a number of us have been struggling this month -- well, at least I have, with the scale up yesterday by 4 pounds. Deservedly, as I've been grabbing food whenever I felt like it, and enjoyed 4-5 meals out, including the bread basket. And not exercising. But I'm back on board, and it feels good.

Sooo.....Topic Tuesday! What is one healthy swap you can make to your eating this week?

For me, it's replacing the breads with veggies. I generally don't have bread, unless it's a sandwich thin or low carb tortilla for a lunchtime sandwich/wrap. Last week, with so much bread/carbs, I just felt really "icky." Looking forward to making better choices this week!

Let's finish April strong, everyone!

Topic Tuesday! What is one healthy swap you can make to your eating this week?

I've been thinking I really do need to stop having Starbucks for breakfast, so I'll make that my swap - for the rest of the week I'll bring overnight oats instead.

After poking around I'm thinking it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to get what I want renting DVC points, since I really just want Animal Kingdom Lodge (thanks @Flossbolna for the info). So this morning I checked The Dolphin and can get a room for around $200 a night, so that is looking very positive. I've stayed there before and loved it, in particular being able to wander over to EPCOT in the evenings. Need to do a bit more thinking and poking around, then I think I'll book a room.

We are having a stretch of beautiful weather... today and tomorrow its supposed to be in the 70's and Thursday all the way up to the 80's... that's just crazy... and of course it then drops back down in to the 50's with chance of rain Saturday when I'm at my Sister's at the beach. Last night I was dead tired again leaving work, but managed to drag myself to the hardware store to get moss killer, and I got it sprinkled around on the lawn. Its supposed to work "within hours" and I do think the moss was a bit brown this morning, so I'm hoping I'll be able to rake it up while the weather is still nice and then scatter grass seed when it cools down and some rain is predicted.

I just barely got my steps in yesterday, let's just say there was quite a bit of marching in front of the TV: but I don't have any lunchtime meetings today, so I will be able to get out for a mid-day walk... in the sunshine!

Edited to add: Argggg.... I went out to Disney.com to poke around and this morning they released fall free dining and room discounts, and the package rate that came up for POP was too good to pass up. So guess where I'm staying. I'll use the "extra" money for some fun tours... I've been wanting to do Wild Africa Trek again.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter