APRIL WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

Popping in to answer yesterday's question and evaluate this week!

How have your family and friends (in real life) impacted your weight loss goals, either positively or negatively?

DH was a very negative impact for a while. In fact, he likes to credit himself with a fair amount of my weight gain. LOL! I don't give him all the credit though. I could have had self control, but bless his heart he loved waking up on Sunday mornings when we were just married and cooking huge breakfasts accompanied with mimosas of course. Then we would spend our Sunday drinking by the pool and eating... and eating.... And not healthy stuff either! But now he is a great influence. He sees how happy I am with my new lifestyle and wants to help keep me on track.

My other family though can be a negative. Not in shaming sort of way, just in an always keeping my wine glass full even if I say I'm not going to have more, that sort of thing. I'm not good at firmly saying no. That's on me for sure.

I have two friend groups -- one is great at being a positive influence (mainly organic eaters, have meatless Mondays type of people), and the other group is absolutely a horrible influence! I think part of my gain last week was due to the fact that I had two functions with them the previous week. Both with bottomless beverages.... I swear I don't have a drinking problem :rotfl: I don't drink at home anymore outside of a little wine with dinner here or there, but man, put me at a brunch or something and whooaaa! Again though, ultimately it's on me. I usually keep myself out of those situations since I know I am not good at self control. But my social life comes with a few. I just need to enjoy in moderation (my biggest challenge!) and accept that I will have to balance it out to maintain or loose.

The scale this morning was GORGEOUS! Just staying on plan (even accounting for and enjoying some Peeps throughout the week!) made an impact. Weigh in is tomorrow, and as of this morning, I am 0.8 lbs away from my goal. I know it will go up a little (Friday lunch from the office was not the best choice, and even though I planned for it and it will still probably haunt me in the morning LOL!), but so happy to see that I am definitely trending back to where I want to be!

Well I am only ever on the Dis. I am not much of a browser.

Check-in -- I got my 10,000 steps and logged my food. Yesterday was a rest day for my ab app workout. So so far I am doing good. Now that the junk food is out of the house my eating should be much better.

Well, DH doesn't help my healthy eating journey. It's hard to be married to a chocoholic. Aside from that, he's neutral. He doesn't help or hinder. I know my pacing the house to get my steps in bugs him. He also is an exercise fiend. Nothing gets in the way when it is his night to work out. I try not to be bitter and wish I could be as selfish as that. Somehow it just never occurs to me to fiercely defend my time when everyone else has so many needs! I've tried to figure out if that's just a mom thing or if I was always that way. Probably never liked myself enough to do what I wanted, and just agreed with whatever someone else wanted to do. Although my family would say that I always got my way! :cutie:

I don't surf much so nothing inspirational from the web to share.

Despite all the peanut butter chocolate eggs, I've stayed under calories this week! Plus I've gotten all my steps in (without pacing!). I did pop on the scale at work today (it's an old-fashioned move the weights one) and it hadn't changed. Maybe my scale tomorrow morning will be nicer!

I will share quick workout and great recipe I found. The workout is old find but easily done with no equipment home. I will share my recipe of the week later.

Have a great weekend All! I will come back at some point to post the recipe

Last edited:
Well yesterday not only did I fall off the wagon but I rolled down the hill into the chocolate lagoon!! Today is a new day right!! Trying not to be mad at myself as that won’t help and to simply draw a line under it and move on.
Useful feature I found on the web yesterday was that my local grocery store has an online recipe site with a healthy recipes section and a “click to buy ingredients “ button to make it easy to get all you need to cook the recipe. Going to spend some time tomorrow checking the recipes out :)

hope yesterday went your day @luvpoohandcompany

First full week numbers
Calorie burn average daily 2594
Calorie intake daily 2012
Daily deficit 582

Comments - I am little too tired for my liking and I will cut down on activities and food next week. I love MFP & Fitbit combo as it allows me to adjust and try to find what feels good. I didn't reach my daily deficit target

However the scale is saying 1.4 kg down, above calorie deficit and that's such smashing progress towards goal - whopping 56% of my monthly goal!

recipe of the week I am sharing with you

ngredients
  • 250g small chestnut mushrooms
  • 120g ham
  • 2 spring onions
  • oil spray
  • 8 large eggs
  • 50ml skimmed milk
  • Salt and pepper
method
  1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 5. Prepare your ingredients: quarter the mushrooms; dice the ham; trim and finely chop the spring onions.
  2. Spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the mushrooms for 10 minutes until golden. Mix the mushrooms, ham and onion together. Whisk the eggs and skimmed milk together and season to taste.
  3. Line a muffin tin with 12 silicone cases. Spoon the mushroom mixture evenly between the cases and pour in the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly risen and golden. Leave to cool slightly for a few minutes before removing from the cases. Serve with baked beans, tomatoes and mushrooms.
Mine came at 65 calories each - very tasty.

This is meat free version I plan to make today

Last edited:
@HappyGrape my day went much better thank you :)
Wasn’t perfect but wa a vast improvement on the day before so I’m pleased that I didn’t allow a bad day become a bad week :thumbsup2
I think I need to clear all the junk food out from the kitchen but I find it hard as it mostly belongs to the kids ( ester eggs from aunts and granny) and they don’t have any issues with weight so can’t really deprive them because I do!

Happy Sunday! How's everyone's weekend going?

I've been keeping within my calories, but I still have trouble keeping up with water over the weekend. I'm also still feeling weak from being sick. I'm going to hold off until Wednesday to start exercising again -- I'm still feeling lightheaded a bit.

But I miss eating some of the the calories I earn through exercise. It's a bit tougher to stay within the calorie ranges when you're limited.

I did a lot yesterday -- made dinner for a friend whose husband just got out of the hospital, and with DH drove the hour to take it there and drop it off. Then DH and I (since we were in the area) went to dinner at an Afghan restaurant in Evanston (Kabul House -- it's amazing if you're in the Chicagoland area). Got home at 9 -- had to type the church's PowerPoint and then go to the church to drop off Sunday school snacks, stew for a friend, and print and stuff the bulletins. Packed for a business meeting I have today and tomorrow (staying downtown) and in bed by 11. I'm reeeeeally tired today.

Hello everyone! I hope you all have a great start into the new week. I had the best intentions to post over the last few days and am not sure what happened. At least I was active! I went for a nice run yesterday and did lots of cleaning (the patio is ready for spring, I just need to get some plants for my pots!). Eating has been good, too.

I also reached my goal for the month: I stepped on the scale. It was bad. But luckily not really bad. I stayed just below a certain number that has always been my really bad number. But I got far too close to it! I know that having the daily number is something that helps me staying motivated. Not just when it goes down but as a daily reminder what I am doing and that there is a purpose to it. So, now I could formulate a weight loss goal, but in the past I have so often missed those because of my fluctuations and my body just not doing as it is being told.

Some of you know how frustrated I was in the past about how I did not losing weight despite eating far less calories than what I supposedly burned according to my fitbit. Well, for Christmas I got a GPS watch from my father for running, a Garmin 235. I started using it a couple of weeks ago finally when I got into running and realised that it is actually built as a fitness tracker, not just a running watch. It does have a heart rate monitor on the wrist. So, I started wearing it last weekend just for fun to see what it was going to tell me. Wow, it was quite a revelation: I have no pulse!! Well, I do have an incredibly low heart rate. I even have trouble getting it up when I run. Depending on day, my resting heart rate is somewhere between 55 and 65. And that is me not being fit at the moment. This leads to the Garmin calculating my burned calories far lower than the fitbit which just uses my steps (I don't have one with heart rate). Between 250 and 350 kcal per day. Which kind of would explain why I did not lose weight: I just ate too much! I was aiming for 500kcal deficit per day. But most likely ended up with about 150kcal per day. Of course I lost some weight, but that fits with me only losing about a pound per month...

So, now I have better data and am going to use the Garmin calorie burn as my guide! Of course that means that I am wearing that clunky big fitness watch all day long. It's a bit silly... But I guess there are worse things in life...

It's great that you figured it out @Flossbolna! Fitbit HR worked perfect for me, but it's only an estimate - for many isn't as exact. But your low HR ca be taken as you have good heart health. High resting hr is not a good thing!

Motivation Monday - my quote for the day
"Ted: You can ask the universe all signs you want but ultimately we only see what we want to see when we're ready to see it."

It applies for me as sometimes I think to myself why I did this or didn't cop on about something. The truth is - I wasn't ready. For me being open to see and adjust the plan is the way forward.

@HappyGrape I am grateful for my good heart health! I have low bloodpressure, too. It just makes losing weight more difficult. I am now a bit annoyed about myself that I let myself be so dependent on technology. If I had just set my daily calories at 1400 or so, I would have lost weight... Sometimes less is more.

I also like your quote for the day!

For me, this week will have to be about stopping to have excuses:

motivational-fitness-quotes-be-stronger-than-your-excuses-fitness-quotes-motivation-inspiration.jpg

MOTIVATION MONDAY!!

Post a meme or quote that keeps you going when times get rough!

I have two:

“All the water in the world won’t sink a ship, unless it gets on the inside.”

“You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.” Edwin Louis Cole

Last edited:
Motivational Monday:

This one screamed at me when I saw it... not all that positive in message but full of truth.

upload_2018-4-9_7-29-5.png

And then there was this one as well:

upload_2018-4-9_7-37-37.png

We had awful weather over the weekend... on Saturday I think there where four or five separate storm fronts that blew thru, and the in-between times were pretty crappy as well. I had a rough time getting going and was low on steps and high on unfortunate food choices. Sunday wasn't much better, pretty much all I did was sit and knit - oh and I took a nap. I did spend a few minutes out of doors testing out my new lawn aerator... my lawn is all moss and dandelions so I'm planning on working on it this year to try and get it back in shape. It was actually easy to do the aeration in the section I tested, so I'm looking forward to doing the rest - probably today as this is supposed to be the only dry day this week.

I didn't sleep well and felt pretty crappy when I got up this morning, so I need to get back on track - like NOW.

upload_2018-4-9_7-54-7.png

Yep, today is a new day.

Yes. The storms this weekend were a bear! But despite them, I managed to get my steps in. Saturday the fellas were away and can I just say how much I utterly adore having the house to myself! I felt so productive doing all the things I wanted to and listening to music I wanted to listen to. Everything I did, I can do with others in the house--it was just so nice to be alone! Sunday at 5:00 PM I didn't even have a thousand steps in. :scared1: About then the rain stopped coming down sideways and the sun popped out so I dashed outside and walked and walked. It was great. And I stayed dry.

Today I just went over calories by 166 because I made myself a banana split. I've been wanting ice cream for over a week and I made the executive decision that I'll do this and be satisfied. And I am. Tomorrow is back on track!

The only technology I use is my pedometer (which I got for free from some health company that visited work!). DH has stuff he uses when he works out and he really relies on them to get an accurate calorie burned count. It's a very important tool for him so I'm glad you've got a good tool, too, @Flossbolna.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!