APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

Is there a way to track your order? I have an order confirmation but I would like to see the status of the order. Thanks

Ordered ours on Monday night. On my magic bands page it has a picture of the ones that we paid to upgrade by each of our icons - but mine shows up as "gray"? Paid the $10 for the castle magic band ?? Just did a chat online with a CM who said that nobody can view it behind the scenes to see if in fact it's just a visual type "glitch" that my preview shows gray and not the castle - said that since it involves a credit card payment they cannot view it?? Hmm? Anyhow said for me to call if I get a gray band and not the castle one ….. oh yes, they certainly took my $10 for it so I will be sure to call. I was just trying to confirm since selections are thinning. And no way to track if the shipment is actually on the way? Hopefully it's just a glitch.

I have a split stay and Monday I upgraded both set of bands. Both reservations show the picture of the bands I ordered on them and I got a confirmation email for my payments.

I'm just wondering if they will ship both sets of bands together or if it will be separate? So far I only have one email with a tracking number for my order.

Not sure if the "glitches" have been fixed. If not, watch which card you pay with. I just logged onto my credit card account to make a payment and due to the problems with the roll out- I have 50 pending charges from WDW totaling almost $1000. Fortunately, it's the AmEx card and they're really good about correcting issues. If I had used my debit card, I would not be happy!

Not sure if the "glitches" have been fixed. If not, watch which card you pay with. I just logged onto my credit card account to make a payment and due to the problems with the roll out- I have 50 pending charges from WDW totaling almost $1000. Fortunately, it's the AmEx card and they're really good about correcting issues. If I had used my debit card, I would not be happy!

Ummm, what??? That's nuts. I see as of this morning like half are sold out, even colors!!! So glad I got ours day 1.

I am able to upgrade for our upcoming trip in July but not all the bands are listed as available, example Epcot's Spaceship Earth or Castle bands. There were a lot more available in the pics on the original announcement. Have some of them just sold out (temporarily I hope) or does anyone know?

Last edited:
I am able to upgrade for our upcoming trip in July but not all the bands are listed as available, example Epcot's Spaceship Earth or Castle bands. There were a lot more available in the pics on the original announcement. Have some of them just sold out (temporarily I hope) or does anyone know?
No one knows, they disappeared yesterday late morning-ish. It is assumed that they sold out, and no one knows if they will be back, if others will replace them, or what may happen. Obviously at some point they have to restock something, but your guess is as good as mine as to when and if it will be the same ones or different ones that didn't show up initially.

No one knows, they disappeared yesterday late morning-ish. It is assumed that they sold out, and no one knows if they will be back, if others will replace them, or what may happen. Obviously at some point they have to restock something, but your guess is as good as mine as to when and if it will be the same ones or different ones that didn't show up initially.
Wow, interesting. Thanks so much for the reply!

Ordered ours on Monday night. On my magic bands page it has a picture of the ones that we paid to upgrade by each of our icons - but mine shows up as "gray"? Paid the $10 for the castle magic band ?? Just did a chat online with a CM who said that nobody can view it behind the scenes to see if in fact it's just a visual type "glitch" that my preview shows gray and not the castle - said that since it involves a credit card payment they cannot view it?? Hmm? Anyhow said for me to call if I get a gray band and not the castle one ….. oh yes, they certainly took my $10 for it so I will be sure to call. I was just trying to confirm since selections are thinning. And no way to track if the shipment is actually on the way? Hopefully it's just a glitch.

My sister's is showing up as a blank white circle. My Captain America one is still showing.

Does anyone know if you can order the magicbands in stages for a family of 4 (i.e. 2 now & 2 later), or do they all have to be ordered at the same time? We had 4 picked out yesterday, but today only 2 of the 4 are showing instock. I would like to get those 2 ordered asap before they sell out & wait to see what happens to the stock situation before finalizing the other 2 bands….

Does anyone know if you can order the magicbands in stages for a family of 4 (i.e. 2 now & 2 later), or do they all have to be ordered at the same time? We had 4 picked out yesterday, but today only 2 of the 4 are showing instock. I would like to get those 2 ordered asap before they sell out & wait to see what happens to the stock situation before finalizing the other 2 bands….
I'm pretty sure you have to order all 4 at once. With ours I didn't even have an option to purchase until all 6 had been customized, and after I finished and paid I can no longer do anything to it. I only see the page that shows each person and the little circle with which MB they chose (which isn't even accurate for all of us, one is blank, but since I ordered and have a confirmation I'm going to assume they will all be correct). I feel your pain, since I did't order our AP ones the first night ones we have all been wanting have been gradually disappearing and changing, but I doubt they will all ever be there at the same time! I should have ordered them the first night also, not sure why I dragged my feet!

Ok.........first off the MB I was hoping for is now unavailable o_O. Second......I found a replacement but when I go to purchase..........they tell me to call Guest Services :oops:

What's up with this?

Doug :goofy:

Someone posted on another board that their website is glitching and should be back to normal within 24 to 48 hours. That was yesterday.

Does anyone know if you order last minute will they arrive at the resort? We have ordered a color a few days before and had them waiting for us at the resort but I don't want to get my daughter excited if it won't happen.

I ordered mine on Monday at 6 days out, and it says they will ship to the resort! Although ours were already shipping to the resort since we're Canadian, so not sure if that makes a difference.

I'm pretty sure you have to order all 4 at once. With ours I didn't even have an option to purchase until all 6 had been customized, and after I finished and paid I can no longer do anything to it. I only see the page that shows each person and the little circle with which MB they chose (which isn't even accurate for all of us, one is blank, but since I ordered and have a confirmation I'm going to assume they will all be correct). I feel your pain, since I did't order our AP ones the first night ones we have all been wanting have been gradually disappearing and changing, but I doubt they will all ever be there at the same time! I should have ordered them the first night also, not sure why I dragged my feet!
Thanks so much...I have a little time, so hopefully they will have more choices then, not less!

Super frustrated.....and I was so excited for this change. I understand running out of designs (although they are still available for sale on Shop Disney hmmm) but you should still have the solid color options. Wish I wouldn't have waited for the release.

Someone posted on another board that their website is glitching and should be back to normal within 24 to 48 hours. That was yesterday.
Good to know! I'll check back in a few days to see if is just a glitch or actually an inventory issue....

Everytime i go back theres always some missing or added so hopefully it will be fixed soon. But as soon as I see it up with the ones i want i am not waiting im ordering right away

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter